PDA

View Full Version : Take advantage of H-D's warranty. Your SWR is IMPORTANT!!!

Kagan
08-05-2005, 05:12 AM
When you add an accessory to your new bike and it gets added to the total price of the bike on the sales deal, those parts are INCLUDED in the warranty.

It's a one-shot deal here folks. If the parts aren't on the sales deal, even though you may buy them the very next day, you're stuck with the factory warranty for P&A. That can range from 90 days to 12 months.

If you buy a 7-year warranty for your bike and add $2000 worth of P&A, those items are covered for 7 years!!!! :D :D :D

Discuss the details with your sales person. You'll be surprised just how badly H-D wants your business!

OOPS! SWR is Sales Warranty Record. I forget sometimes that I've been doing this shit for a while. :rolleyes:

Rhino
08-05-2005, 06:35 AM
Is there a limit to how much they will let you add? And this is a good tip Kagan!

Wide
08-05-2005, 06:53 AM
7 Year warranty on a dresser with a 95 inch motor, I think I could like that :D

Kagan
08-05-2005, 07:00 AM
Limit? Dollar-wise? Nope. Just pile it on and it's covered. :)

Rhino
08-05-2005, 02:45 PM
Very cool... I already have my stuff all picked out...

Hey Wide, where did you get that picture (your avatar). I told my mom not to share them with people!!! LOL

Wide
08-05-2005, 05:45 PM
Hey Wide, where did you get that picture (your avatar). I told my mom not to share them with people!!! LOL

Ahhh you must be my twin that got seperated :lol: :lol:

dynaRide
08-05-2005, 06:14 PM
Great info Kagan Thankx....

Deluxe05
08-10-2005, 02:03 PM
Definitely "must know" info for the new buyers, Kagan! I have been surprised how few people get told about this when they purchase a new bike. Fortunately, I was lucky enough to have been told about this by one of the sales/P&A guys at my dealership while waiting for my bike to arrive.

Unfortunately, it "forced" me to add about $3,000 worth of accessories before I took custody. Maybe this is all part of some evil, diabolical plan by H-D?!? :D

RamMedic
08-13-2005, 03:04 AM
This warranty coverage on parts add the day of purchase is well worth it. I bought my FLHT in may 05. I had some chrome peel off one of my exhaust tips. Told the service guy about it and now I have a new exhaust tip. No charge, even for labor to replace it. kinda like a broke peter, you just can't beat it. :lol:

speedman
08-13-2005, 01:57 PM
7 Year warranty on a dresser with a 95 inch motor, I think I could like that :D

95" with cams and heads. :)

Regards,

SM