PDA

View Full Version : Blasting up to N.H. Has anyone ever been to this event?

clutch
08-29-2005, 12:59 AM
The Mud Bowl in North Conway, NH.

I am heading up to this neck of the woods 9/9-9/11.

I heard that this is a event worth checking out. Has anyone ever seen it? Played it?

Looks like it could be something pretty cool to check out while crusing through the area.

Wrap up of the weekend will be at NEDW for NHRA finals.

Thanks for any info, on the Mud Bowl ;)

BikerBabe
08-29-2005, 03:25 AM
Not I, but there's got to be a link....anyone? :huh:

Tony
08-29-2005, 06:21 AM
Mud Bowl (http://www.mountainear.com/Mudbowl/PressReleases/M5R61.nclk)

Mud Football (http://www.heartofnh.com/AnnualEvents/MudBowl04/index.html)

Theres a couple links to the event. I go to N Conway every year, but have never been to this event.

sporty883r
08-29-2005, 07:08 PM
I been to that event years ago when I lived in berlin, nh. Go, it is a blast!

clutch
08-30-2005, 01:50 AM
I bumped into a couple today that said the same thing it is a hell of an event in a great spot.

I have been through North Conway a few times, and from what they were telling me, it sounded like it is in the center of town? Or some kind of village green?

This I haven't confrimed this yet.

I was up there last September and remember I was in a rest/bar called the Red Parker or something like that. I Had some awsome chow, and ended up in the bar drinking out of mason jars and whatever hooch was pouring out.

I don't remember ordering any drinks, and I was never empty handed. drunks

The band was rocking, and the drink was flowing. And another funny thing I just remembered, the dance floor was boncing too the jumping and jiving goin' on. pretty wild time. boobs

It was at this joint I first heard of the Mud bowl.

I am now getting pretty pumped just thinking about that joint. I almost forgot about it.

Shit! I can't wait now:

Blast up the highway,
Cruise the Kamamagus,
Take in some White Mountain roadways,
Watch some outrageus football in waist deep mud, male/female,
Rock out at that joint,
Sunday wrap up at Epping for a NHRA National Competion.

So, back to my original request, If anyone has any info, on that Mud bowl, the were and when, It would be a great help.

Thanks. ;)

BikerBabe
08-30-2005, 02:32 AM
Don't know if you caught this tbhol....

Mud Bowl (http://www.mountainear.com/Mudbowl/PressReleases/M5R61.nclk)

Mud Football (http://www.heartofnh.com/AnnualEvents/MudBowl04/index.html)

Theres a couple links to the event. I go to N Conway every year, but have never been to this event.

clutch
08-30-2005, 01:59 PM
Bikerbabe that is the wildest Avatar going, Ya gota dig it,Thumbs up!

Anyways, I have found the link that has the info, that I need to follow up on this event.

Check out this Hail Mary Pass that is about to play out.

Check out the incoming mudmonster on the right, Ouch! freakin

www.mountainear.com/mudbowl/photos/mudbowl15.jpg

Here is the link I found:
http://www.mountainear.com/mudbowl/index.nclk

Thanks again guys for the tips.

Speaking of Mud bowls, it looks like these next couple of days are going to be "inney's" with this wet weather.

That means I'll have to crawl around on all fours(Wheels)

I can't wait for a more "outies" (Sunny days.)

Thats when I can get back upright again on Two. (Wheels)

There are only a few activities that I know of that can put a smile on your face when it is raining out.

So don't forget what Mom or Dad must have told you, "Don't forget to put on your rubbers when its wet!"

Adios Amigos, ;) Burn rubber!

BikerBabe
08-30-2005, 03:45 PM
Bikerbabe that is the wildest Avatar going, Ya gota dig it,Thumbs up![/b]
Thanks tbhol! :D

Speaking of Mud bowls, it looks like these next couple of days are going to be "inney's" with this wet weather.

That means I'll have to crawl around on all fours(Wheels)

I can't wait for a more "outies" (Sunny days.)

Thats when I can get back upright again on Two. (Wheels)

There are only a few activities that I know of that can put a smile on your face when it is raining out.

So don't forget what Mom or Dad must have told you, "Don't forget to put on your rubbers when its wet!"

Adios Amigos, ;) Burn rubber!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
My momma used to tell all the teens in the family the same thing....quite funny coming from and older woman with grey hair.

clutch
08-30-2005, 04:29 PM
It sounds like your Momma might have gotten her gray hair for a reason :o

My Q to U is, you didn't say what she refferd to the, when to put on or when to burn.[
My Mom advised of us both, and she wore a wig! gunner

Gotta luv the mamma's.

They know best, just ask a Dad :blink2:
Good bless our mothers!

BikerBabe
08-30-2005, 06:01 PM
It sounds like your Momma might have gotten her gray hair for a reason :o
It wasn't from me! :rolleyes: :lol:

My Q to U is, you didn't say what she refferd to the, when to put on or when to burn.[
My Mom advised of us both, and she wore a wig! gunner

:lol:
She always told the fellas in the family to make sure you wear them and with me, she offered to get me the pill when I decided I wanted to be intimate. I always had the best relationship with my Mom....she was so cool about everything which made her very easy to talk to when I needed to. Love ya Mom! :wub:

clutch
08-30-2005, 07:34 PM
It sounds that your Mom is/was (?) a very smart women.
As my Mom was to my brothers, sisters and our friends.

If any of my Mom’s life long teachings sunk in to the thought process of those who she spoke to, were ever applied to our daily lives?

I’d have to say, more yea, then nah! :rolleyes:

As for my Mom’s hair, No wig! (Sorry mom, I was only kidding. It was just for effect)

Heres to our Mom's
drunks

clutch
08-30-2005, 08:18 PM
How the heck did the Mud bowl get to our mothers? woot

BikerBabe
08-31-2005, 01:02 AM
It sounds that your Mom is/was (?) a very smart women.
My Mom stills lives in my hometown in Peabody, Mass, in the house I grew up in. Up until 2 years ago, I saw her all the time because I lived in a neighboring town. Since I moved up here, however, I don't get down there much and she is too old to drive anywhere....she just turned 88 yrs. old!

Heres to our Mom's
drunks
woot Mother's are the best!! :D

BikerBabe
08-31-2005, 01:05 AM
How the heck did the Mud bowl get to our mothers? woot
:lol: :lol: :lol:
No clue, but such a nice tribute, don't ya think?

Hey tbhol, where abouts do you live in Mass?
Why don't you join us for a ride sometime.
If you haven't read already, our last ride, which included a visit from jazda and her two friends, was a blast! drunks

clutch
08-31-2005, 05:44 PM
You bet BB,

I think getting together for ride would be pretty damm cool. Let’s nail something down.

As for what neck of the woods I am from in Mass, I am just on the fringe of the city, for landmark sake, near Fenway Park.

Or looking at a road map, my blast off zone to all points North, South and West would be Rt 128/95 & Mass Pike/Rt 90.

As for my scoot schedule,
I am pretty flexible on the front part of most days, Mon~Fri.

And evenings I tend to get booked.

So I leave my weekdays open. I like the daytime freedom.

Weekends are usually a wildcard. I find that there is something I am involved with on any given Sat Sun AM/PM.

There are some weekends I have a Whole Sat or Sun open.
So my Q to U is: Let’s throw out some Dates, Times and Places and see if we can get it together!

I run my bikes pretty hard so I can get from point A to point B in good time. whip ip

What part of N.H. are you from?

My bikie physic (The voice in my head) (not necessary the voice of reason) has been pointing me in the direction of western Mass. For a day trip.

I have been eyeing a route, 119 out of Mass, and up into NH. (Gotta love the no lid law in good weather.)
Then drop 63 to route 2.
At that point, perhaps more west? Or maybe work back east a little south.

I don’t know if any of that routing overlaps your area. Or if you guys have the time during the week days to blast around?

I am sure that we can all work something in between us.

I just came from an overnight down in Newport RI. And as I was coming, (on four wheels) back towards Boston, I got hit with very strong winds, but no rain. Not I day for the scooters. :o

I‘ll wait to hear from you on the next move or thought process. I can’t wait to get back out there, it’s seems like it's been a while since I have had a fistful……….of throttle!

Take care.

Tony
08-31-2005, 07:20 PM
One of thse fuckin days my work schedule will be final (one more week) and I will have nights and weekends finally free. Sucks to miss alot of the rides and meets. Right now my riding is either during the day when everyones working, or early in the am when everyones asleep or passed out LOL

tbhol, Im in the Saugus area, not too far away from you.

BikerBabe
08-31-2005, 08:10 PM
You bet BB,

I think getting together for ride would be pretty damm cool. Let’s nail something down.

As for what neck of the woods I am from in Mass, I am just on the fringe of the city, for landmark sake, near Fenway Park.

Or looking at a road map, my blast off zone to all points North, South and West would be Rt 128/95 & Mass Pike/Rt 90.

Around Watertown, Newton or Brookline?

As for my scoot schedule,
I am pretty flexible on the front part of most days, Mon~Fri.

And evenings I tend to get booked.

So I leave my weekdays open. I like the daytime freedom.

Weekends are usually a wildcard. I find that there is something I am involved with on any given Sat Sun AM/PM.

There are some weekends I have a Whole Sat or Sun open.
So my Q to U is: Let’s throw out some Dates, Times and Places and see if we can get it together!
Sure thing!!
I have mornings free, but I only have from 8-11, not much time to go anywhere but local. So weekends are best for me.

The Sept. 11th weekend there are a couple of things going on which I have to make a decision as to which to attend....the rally in Wildwood NJ or the rally in Killington VT...if anyone wants to go to either, let me know.
The weekend of the 24th is my oldest's birthday, so that's out.
Other than that, I'm free, whoo hoo.

What part of N.H. are you from?
I live on the seacoast side of NH, about 20 minutes from Portsmouth, near Exeter.

My bikie physic (The voice in my head) (not necessary the voice of reason) has been pointing me in the direction of western Mass. For a day trip.

I have been eyeing a route, 119 out of Mass, and up into NH. (Gotta love the no lid law in good weather.)
Then drop 63 to route 2.
At that point, perhaps more west? Or maybe work back east a little south.

I don’t know if any of that routing overlaps your area. Or if you guys have the time during the week days to blast around?
I was sort of out that way last weekend to meet jazda and crew...maybe a little more north than 119, in Keene, NH, but that was about 2 hours west of me.

I am sure that we can all work something in between us.
I really hope so! We had a blast last weekend and I hope we can get even more HCG'ers to join us the next time.

I just came from an overnight down in Newport RI. And as I was coming, (on four wheels) back towards Boston, I got hit with very strong winds, but no rain. Not I day for the scooters. :o
No way! I was just there myself, well on Aug. 13th and 14th, took the scoot down for an overnighter for the second time...what beautiful riding there!

I‘ll wait to hear from you on the next move or thought process. I can’t wait to get back out there, it’s seems like it's been a while since I have had a fistful……….of throttle!
Yes, me too! I'm ready to go and this weekend is supposed to be beautiful weather wise!
Ok tbhol, your turn! ;)

clutch
08-31-2005, 09:20 PM
Perhaps this weekend I might have some time for myself. Depends on My clients.

It's a Holiday weekend and I may not have any commits to make. Things useally develope around thursday and friday on how I see how a weekend shaping up.

The seacoast is always a great place I think too shoot for if the weather is good.

The aproximent run time for me is about an hour to that area. So thats no sweat.

On the weekend of 9/9, you kown wher Iam headed, Where the neon joins the wood.

Can't frggin wait!

Pray for good weather!

BikerBabe
09-01-2005, 01:26 AM
Perhaps this weekend I might have some time for myself. Depends on My clients.

It's a Holiday weekend and I may not have any commits to make. Things useally develope around thursday and friday on how I see how a weekend shaping up.

The seacoast is always a great place I think too shoot for if the weather is good.

The aproximent run time for me is about an hour to that area. So thats no sweat.

On the weekend of 9/9, you kown wher Iam headed, Where the neon joins the wood.

Can't frggin wait!

Pray for good weather!
Keep me posted on the weekend...you can pm me too if you find a day that works. I'll see who's around that may want to join. We could always meet somewhere, like the coast and then take off in a whole other direction. :rolleyes:

OK, I haven't a clue as to whatchya talkin' about...."where the neon joins the wood". :unsure:

clutch
09-01-2005, 02:50 AM
Sorry for any confusion reguarding my ramblings :P

It is said:"Where the neons turn to wood"

Think about it.
Wev'e all been there.
It's gotta be one of the coolest places on earth, anywhere!
And who dosen't love it? ;)

Here is a clue for ya! ^_^

"Bring a song and a smile for the banjo"
Now you got it?

Come on guys, help her out!

Hey BTW, I checked out some profiles here in HCG, and man O man you got some wild shit in the Ye O' gallery.

Is that grapics/artwork done by you?

Tony, Nice King dude.

That is some cool pic's.

If any of you guys haven't check it out, go for it. That shit is awesome!

I hope no disrespect taken when I say shit.
Love them pic's!

keep up the great work for us to enjoy! :D

BikerBabe
09-01-2005, 03:45 AM
Ok tbol, I just asked fatbastard and he's rambling something about the movie Deliverance...Arkansas....some song...??? I still don't have a clue. Actually, I think I'm more confused. :wacko: :lol: :lol:

Hey BTW, I checked out some profiles here in HCG, and man O man you got some wild shit in the Ye O' gallery.
You can't mean me...I have wild shit in my gallery? :huh:

Is that grapics/artwork done by you?
Yeah, those are my doodles. :rolleyes:
Thank you.

clutch
09-01-2005, 03:40 PM
FB is ether close, or he is couching you to figure it out on your own.

BTW: The friggin’ movie Deliverance has definitely tarnished the credibility of the Banjo for a whole generation.

Before that movie, Jed Clampet and the banjo’s was an American icon. And a good one at that! But for the generation that has witness that awful flick, and hears “Dueling banjos” playing cannot help flashing back to that film.

I don’t known if “Where the neon’s turn to wood” have any actual connections to Deliverance? But you could somehow, I think do it. (Let’s not) I never watched the whole movie.

So let’s not associate the term “Where the neon’s turn to wood” or “Bring a song and a smile for the banjo” with Deliverance, OK?

Hey, wait a minute here! :blink2:

If your thought process on this little quiz on where and what I was doing on that S.D.R. 05 weekend was somehow connected the shameless acts of sexual cruelty and violence to others?
Shame on you! The both of you! caged

Sex, cruelty and abuse should never be together.
I can assure you the only abuse to humans will purely be self inflicted! drunks

Any I can venture to guess that this will be a direct result of not listening to a mother’s advice! Or that pesky voice of reason!

Here is another clue: “Fix your mind on a crystal day”

That otta do it!

Thinkaboutit! It is what we all do when we ride!

Later gator

(Doodles,... cool!)
;)

BigRedMachine
09-01-2005, 03:59 PM
Bike events in NH = Freeze your ass off temps and rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain arina rinari nair nqri nairn ainrainr ainr airnairnai r

RAIN DAMNIT!!!!

OK I'm still bitter!!! caged

BikerBabe
09-02-2005, 02:59 AM
Hey, wait a minute here! :blink2:

If your thought process on this little quiz on where and what I was doing on that S.D.R. 05 weekend was somehow connected the shameless acts of sexual cruelty and violence to others?
Shame on you! The both of you! caged
Not me! :o

Here is another clue: “Fix your mind on a crystal day”

That otta do it!

Thinkaboutit! It is what we all do when we ride!
Are you talking about the Creedence Clearwater Revival song
Up Around The Bend ? :huh:

NY90
09-02-2005, 03:11 AM
FB is ether close, or he is couching you to figure it out on your own.

BTW: The friggin’ movie Deliverance has definitely tarnished the credibility of the Banjo for a whole generation.

Before that movie, Jed Clampet and the banjo’s was an American icon. And a good one at that! But for the generation that has witness that awful flick, and hears “Dueling banjos” playing cannot help flashing back to that film.

I don’t known if “Where the neon’s turn to wood” have any actual connections to Deliverance? But you could somehow, I think do it. (Let’s not) I never watched the whole movie.

So let’s not associate the term “Where the neon’s turn to wood” or “Bring a song and a smile for the banjo” with Deliverance, OK?

BikerBabe
09-02-2005, 04:05 AM
90, we now need to see the pic with you holding a skull.

NY90
09-02-2005, 12:36 PM

Here ya go.... :lol:

clutch
09-02-2005, 02:10 PM
Cool, You got it BB, :D

There's a place up ahead and
I'm going just as fast as my feet can fly
Come away, come away if you're going,
Leave the sinking ship behind.

Come on the rising wind,
We're going up around the bend.

Ooh!
Bring a song and a smile for the banjo,
Better get while the gettings good,
Hitch a ride to the end of the highway
Where the neons turn to wood.

Oooh!
You can ponder perpetual motion,
Fix your mind on a crystal day,
Always time for a good conversation,
There's an ear for what you say.

Oooh!
Catch a ride to the end of the highway
And we'll meet by the big red tree,
There's a place up ahead and I'm going,
Come along, come along with me.

Do do doo do...

:)

BikerBabe
09-02-2005, 03:35 PM
Cool, You got it BB, :D

Not really me...I had some help. ;) :lol:

OK, tbhol, now that I got it, I forget what the hell it has to do with anything. :wacko: What were we talking about. :unsure:

BikerBabe
09-02-2005, 03:36 PM

Nice, but who's skull is that? :unsure: Not your exwife I hope! :o

clutch
09-02-2005, 03:50 PM
That skull belongs to Horatio, I Knew Him Well! :(

clutch
09-02-2005, 05:02 PM
BB,

It all stared with my littleO' question about the Mud bowl,
Went to Mothers, then to,
Frame of a mind, :huh:

My dribble is purely a direct result from not listening to mother. I can still hear her say “You shouldn’t do that!” Or worse, “Stop! Don’t do that!” :wacko:

I’m just pumped for next weekend that’s all. (S.D.R.) :D

The S.D.R. "05" is an abbreviation for an annual event that has been taking place since "99," it is a collection of nine people that never see each other and have very little contact with each other throughout the year.

It starts around the first of August; call it a twitch or something like that. But that's when it starts for this collection of specfic individuals.

It starts with a call.............
Then e-mails.................
Text messaging..............

Within days of first contact, all gets confirmed. Then silence..................................!
Until the day before blastoff!

The meet up spot is usually off Rt. 93 north, near the Mass/NH border. With 30 minutes of the agreed upon time, one by one we arrive. Like birds on a wire we collect. Like some strange migrations. A full year off life has past between all of us. Some good, some bad I am sure. But we never know! We never talk about it! We all have the something in mind!
2-1/2 days in front of us of Throttle cranking, gear crunching and rubber burning.
The shit that happens between all that is the icing on the weekend.

So quit the rambling.........right! Get to the friggin' S.D.R. shit! caged (Sorry)

The S.D.R. happened on the Friday night run up to Bartlett, NH. (I think it was in "03")
We had a late start that year and ended up running by moonlight, it was the nuts! (As in the balls!)

We stopped at a tank shop in Lincoln NH, to lets say,”Clear the dust out of our throats." It seemed like we had a large dust problem that night. drunks

I remember we decided to leave when the joint appeared to have some sort of electrical problem. The lights kept flashing on and off and the music stop playing. And it seemed like they were expecting a flood or something. They were picking up the stools and chairs and putting on the tables and the bar. And so they asked us to leave. I guess they were concerned about our shoes and boots getting' wet.

I remember when we got outside the joint and they shut that door so fast and tight! And when I looked up at the full moons, I said "what the F_ _k are they thinking? There aint' a cloud in the sky!"
So we all mounted up, started up and took off.

We blasted outta the hole sideways! Screaming, smoking and flaming. Plunging straight head long to the entrance to the "Kanc" (Kangamagus Highway). Pitch friggin' black! The only lights at that point were the pulsating beams from our sleds. (And the two moons)

It was sometime later in my life that I realized more light would have helped us that night. Because we didn't see the Blue Bear sleeping about a mile down the road straight in front of us. (About 30 seconds away)

He decided to help us out I guess with the darkness by turning on every colored light he had on his car.
And it looks as if he wanted to give us a huge black flashlight. He was waving that thing around above his head, and then was shining it in our eyes. I think he wanted to show us how bright it was.
(It was!, Ouch!)

I also think he might have first thought we were deaf or something. He was using a sign language of some sorts.

What's it mean when someone make a cutting motion at the throat with your hand?

We didn't know so we shut down our engines

Some of us dismounted voluntarily, a few did involuntarily, and I assumed they were pretty tried that’s why.

Well sheriff John Brown turn out to be a pretty nice guy. Or he had a morbid curiosity for possible events to come later that night.

He started out by asking us “Where in the hell do you think your going?”

I was thinking up my ass! Because that's where the two girls back in Lincoln told me to go,
I specifically remember the direction was given to me: “Why don’t you to go to hell” and “Up your ass buddy!’ :blink2:

And a funny thought? someone mentioned something about a mother to me? “You mother father?” It wasn’t clear; my bike was running at that point.

So naturally I was puzzled by Sheriff John Brown question? How did he know we were all headed for hell? :huh:

I was going to ask him how to get to “up your ass” once we got to hell. Because I have been to hell and back many a times. But never to “up my ass”. :unsure: (I think my head his been there?)

It turned out to be more of a tire kicking session than anything. After a few minutes of britches tugging, tobacco spitting, he let us all go!

Then it happened, before we ignited, he stood in front of us, pushes up on the brim of his hat with the butt of his flashlight and says "Watch out for the Swamp Donkeys!"

Dumb city shitheads we are, we shrug our shoulders at each other and say “uh?” :unsure:

"Moose you idiots" he says. “They walk right out of the woods in front of ya, and cut your heads right off!”

I thinking why the heck are we standing around for? Let’s get the f_ _k out of here before they come out at us! :o

And that’s how the term S.D.R. came to be the: “Swamp Donkey Run”. With this group.

Sorry for running off on this!, to much coffee this morning late night last night. I'am trying to get a jump start!

BikerBabe
09-03-2005, 03:35 AM
:blink2: Wow tbhol. :blink2: :lol:
Sounds like a wild time for you and your buddies.
Have a great time!

NY90
09-03-2005, 06:39 AM
[quote=BikerBabe]90, we now need to see the pic with you holding a skull.

:lol:[/quote

Not yet, it's not! ^_^
Even if it was, I wouldn't want to incriminate myself. TFB may be busy.

BikerBabe
09-03-2005, 03:57 PM

Not yet, it's not! ^_^
I dunno 90, you may make some fella real happy....how do you look in stripes? ;) :lol:

NY90
09-04-2005, 01:50 AM

Not yet, it's not! ^_^
I dunno 90, you may make some fella real happy....how do you look in stripes? ;) :lol:

Stripes don't bring out the best of me. ^_^
Besides, my "prison bitch name is ...."The Perv!" :huh: