PDA

View Full Version : Vermont Ride 10/16

savaaj
10-04-2005, 04:38 PM
Anybody up for a ride through Vermont this Sunday? I will be riding up 91 North, then jumping on Route 30 through Stratton Vermont etc. to the NY border. This will take us to the center of Granville NY. If interested let me know.

Major
10-04-2005, 04:44 PM
Anybody up for a ride through Vermont this Saturday? I will be riding up 91 North, then jumping on Route 30 through Stratton Vermont etc. to the NY border. This will take us to the center of Granville NY. If interested let me know.

Do you own rain gear

savaaj
10-04-2005, 04:46 PM
Anybody up for a ride through Vermont this Saturday? I will be riding up 91 North, then jumping on Route 30 through Stratton Vermont etc. to the NY border. This will take us to the center of Granville NY. If interested let me know.

Do you own rain gear

Yeah I know.. I just saw that... but it's only 30% and it could change by Sat. If not I will do it Sunday which is supposed to be nice.. So either or....

blkfalc4
10-04-2005, 05:06 PM
Sun looks like the better day of the weekend.

But it's my chapter's barbeque.

BikerBabe
10-04-2005, 05:10 PM
I'm definitely interested!
I don't think I can do Saturday though...celebrating the ole anniverary.
Keep me posted.

savaaj
10-04-2005, 06:25 PM
Keep me posted.

OKay... Then I will make it Sunday since that seems to be the better day anyway...

BikerBabe
10-04-2005, 07:01 PM
Keep me posted.

OKay... Then I will make it Sunday since that seems to be the better day anyway...
:o Awesome! :D

So the big "Q" of the day...where do ya want to meet and what time?

savaaj
10-04-2005, 07:04 PM
Well,,,,

Must be by 11am... Can meet anywhere along 91 or on Rte 9 which I believe is exit 5....?? IF possible, would be nice to get out earlier...

BikerBabe
10-04-2005, 09:03 PM
Well,,,,

Must be by 11am... Can meet anywhere along 91 or on Rte 9 which I believe is exit 5....?? IF possible, would be nice to get out earlier...

Well, I'll be coming down route 101 once again. So, I'll be going through Keene to get to route 9. Anywhere in that area, would be good for me.

If I leave by 9:00, that would put me in Keene by 11'sh...did you want to leave that area earlier?

savaaj
10-04-2005, 09:07 PM
Well,,,,

Well, I'll be coming down route 101 once again. So, I'll be going through Keene to get to route 9. Anywhere in that area, would be good for me.

If I leave by 9:00, that would put me in Keene by 11'sh...did you want to leave that area earlier?
I would say 11 is the latest... It's a good 100 mile one way ride... Rte 30 is a nice ride....

savaaj
10-04-2005, 09:23 PM
We can stop here:

Back To Vermont: 158 Main St in Poultney, VT Map
(802) 287-4064
Bar & Grill
Biker Comments: "Our motto is An Adventure in CASUAL pub fare. We have 16 brews on tap, 2 brew specials every day, lots of great food specials at reasonable prices. Weve got a pool table and we close for 10 days in March in observence of Bike Week!" Bob West 11/10/02

BikerBabe
10-04-2005, 09:30 PM
Well,,,,

I would say 11 is the latest... It's a good 100 mile one way ride... Rte 30 is a nice ride....
Ok, I'll try to leave a bit earlier...get my crap together the night before and all gas'd up and ready to go. Why don't I call ya right before I leave too, so you know what's up.

BikerBabe
10-04-2005, 09:31 PM
We can stop here:

Back To Vermont: 158 Main St in Poultney, VT Map
(802) 287-4064
Bar & Grill
Biker Comments: "Our motto is An Adventure in CASUAL pub fare. We have 16 brews on tap, 2 brew specials every day, lots of great food specials at reasonable prices. Weve got a pool table and we close for 10 days in March in observence of Bike Week!" Bob West 11/10/02
Sounds great...just lead the way!

savaaj
10-04-2005, 09:31 PM
OKay.. There is someone from that area on LBW so I will ask to see if they want to meet up....

BikerBabe
10-04-2005, 09:43 PM
OKay.. There is someone from that area on LBW so I will ask to see if they want to meet up....
Sure, and maybe L_T_S will join us too!

sporty883r
10-04-2005, 11:28 PM
Anybody up for a ride through Vermont this Sunday? I will be riding up 91 North, then jumping on Route 30 through Stratton Vermont etc. to the NY border. This will take us to the center of Granville NY. If interested let me know.

sounds fun. if you guys end up near White river junction area let me know. I can't leave town, work related.

savaaj
10-05-2005, 12:01 AM
Actually minime,
we might be up your way... The new route is as follows:

We will meet off 91 in Brattleboro, which I believe is exit 5 (Rte 9 to Rte 30 ) I will verify.

We will follow Rte 30 through Vermont and catch Rte 100 somewhere near Townsend Vt.
Rte. 100 will take us to Rte 100A
From Rte 100A we will grab Rte 4 and stop at Quechee Gorge.
Then we can continue on Rte 4 to Rte 5 and follow 5 back down along 91 where we can jump on 91 at any time to get back.

It will be a good day of riding so we can stop along the way here and there.

sporty883r
10-05-2005, 12:06 AM
I can meet up with in Quechee they just open a new vistors center. over there if possible give me and ETA as the ride gets closer! I would like to meet up with some members I have met and some that I want to meet. IS charlie coming down? Count me in at Quechee !

Major
10-05-2005, 12:27 PM
I will know by tomorrow if I am going looks like some good riding

BikerBabe
10-05-2005, 01:06 PM
I'm excited! Looking forward to seeing some new sights and meeting you mini! I heard the temps though will only reach the high 50's...Fall is here...bundle up! :ph34r:

savaaj
10-05-2005, 02:39 PM
I'm excited! Looking forward to seeing some new sights and meeting you mini! I heard the temps though will only reach the high 50's...Fall is here...bundle up! :ph34r:

Yes definitley... I have all my warm gear together so it should be a nice crisp day for riding... There are plenty of places to stop for a quick coffee here and there...

mini.. PM BB your number and she can call you when we get close.....

savaaj
10-05-2005, 03:31 PM

I went and bought me a new leather vest yesterday to go along with all the sweatshirts I'll be wearing.... :o

BikerBabe
10-05-2005, 08:20 PM

I went and bought me a new leather vest yesterday to go along with all the sweatshirts I'll be wearing.... :o
Can you bring the old one for me to wear? I promise to give it back.

Hey, I wonder if we posted this ride in the computer section of the forum, if L_T_S would actually post a reply. :rolleyes: :lol: ;)

Major
10-06-2005, 12:25 PM
What's the plan if it rains sunday morning are we going to Monday?

savaaj
10-06-2005, 02:26 PM
Don't know.. THe weather looks kind of iffy for the whole weekend. Chance of showers. Might change as we get closer. I am thinking if this gets washed out this might be a better ride for the 15th instead of the MOhawk Trail. IT's a much better ride and more scenic. I've done both.

removed
10-06-2005, 02:34 PM
The Mohawk ride looks nice, and its rigth here near MW and me B)

Major
10-06-2005, 04:21 PM
Don't know.. THe weather looks kind of iffy for the whole weekend. Chance of showers. Might change as we get closer. I am thinking if this gets washed out this might be a better ride for the 15th instead of the MOhawk Trail. IT's a much better ride and more scenic. I've done both.

Hey don't be changing my trip, we can do both one each day

savaaj
10-06-2005, 04:23 PM
whatever..

savaaj
10-06-2005, 04:26 PM

Hey, I wonder if we posted this ride in the computer section of the forum, if L_T_S would actually post a reply. :rolleyes: :lol: ;)

I don't have an old one sorry...

So did you get in touch with L_T_S yet??? I think we will have to play it by ear and watch the weather.. IF there's a break then we can just get some locals together and head out...

BikerBabe
10-07-2005, 01:51 AM

So did you get in touch with L_T_S yet??? I think we will have to play it by ear and watch the weather.. IF there's a break then we can just get some locals together and head out...
Sounds good to me....damn New England weather. <_<
I'm sure glad I got out there today....I hit 5000 miles just as I hit the tolls.woot

I did hear from L_T_S, if the weather is good, he's in.

sporty883r
10-07-2005, 05:24 AM

Sounds good to me....damn New England weather. <_<
I'm sure glad I got out there today....I hit 5000 miles just as I hit the tolls.woot

Congrats on the 5,000 miles!!!!!!

I did hear from L_T_S, if the weather is good, he's in.

wreckerman
10-07-2005, 10:24 AM
JUST WANTED TO WISH YOU ALL A SAFE AND FUN RIDE ..
THE MIDWEST GROUP WILL BE RIDEING THE DUKANE ABATE TOY AND FOOD RUN THE SAME DAY YOU GUY'S ARE RIDEING .. SO HAVE FUN AND STAY SAFE :wub: :wub: :D

savaaj
10-07-2005, 02:24 PM
THE MIDWEST GROUP WILL BE RIDEING THE DUKANE ABATE TOY AND FOOD RUN THE SAME DAY YOU GUY'S ARE RIDEING .. SO HAVE FUN AND STAY SAFE :wub: :wub: :D

Same to you...

Hopefully your weather will be much better than ours is going to be....

BikerBabe
10-07-2005, 05:22 PM

Same to you...

Hopefully your weather will be much better than ours is going to be....
I'm wishing the same thing for ya wreck! Enjoy your ride!

Damn New England weather...grrrrrrrrr! caged

BikerBabe
10-08-2005, 10:52 PM
I just need to say it again...

Damn New England weather!!!! caged :angry: caged :angry:

Major
10-11-2005, 01:12 PM
Ok looks like Sunday 10/16 for this road trip? Let's get the meeting places set. :rolleyes:

savaaj
10-11-2005, 04:14 PM
Ok looks like Sunday 10/16 for this road trip? Let's get the meeting places set. :rolleyes:

Looks like that will be the best day so far... I can't believe all the rain... My driveway was totally flooded and some of that got into the basement. NOthing like what happened in NH though.... Spent allot of time on the couch this weekend..

removed
10-11-2005, 04:25 PM

Is the rain gonna break ? :(
This is getting so depressing all this rain

wreckerman
10-11-2005, 04:30 PM
you guys should come up to the mid-west and join us ..we dont alow rain up here !! hope you guys get your ride in though

savaaj
10-11-2005, 08:09 PM
you guys should come up to the mid-west and join us ..we dont alow rain up here !! hope you guys get your ride in though

Now there's a ride to plan for next year.....

Major
10-11-2005, 08:36 PM

Maybe on the way to sturgis next year we should hook up with some of you guys :rolleyes:

wreckerman
10-11-2005, 08:38 PM
that works for us we are open 24/7/365 for you guys if you ever want to stop

savaaj
10-11-2005, 08:39 PM

Maybe on the way to sturgis next year we should hook up with some of you guys :rolleyes:

You will have to let me know when we start the plans for that trip... Are we all riding??

Major
10-11-2005, 08:53 PM

You will have to let me know when we start the plans for that trip... Are we all riding??

We started in a bar in NJ talking about it. The thread is going up Jan. I knew you would be in anyway. Hog group in NJ going too. Let's talk this weekend :rolleyes:

BikerBabe
10-12-2005, 09:28 PM
So fellas, what's the story for this weekend, eh? :huh:

Major
10-12-2005, 09:42 PM
So fellas, what's the story for this weekend, eh? :huh:

Savaaj is falling on the job he was to update this trip. It is for 10/16 Sunday. Meeting and rte is same as above.

savaaj
10-12-2005, 10:08 PM
Yup.. What he said.. SUnday 10/16.....

Major
10-14-2005, 12:59 PM
So Sunday looks like a go :lol:

savaaj
10-14-2005, 02:14 PM

So far so good....

BB, Where are you???

BikerBabe
10-14-2005, 05:33 PM

So far so good....

BB, Where are you???
Right here, c'mon, didn't you see me? :blink2:

Ok, so what, same plan as last week? Sorry, but I haven't been following this thread. :rolleyes:

Major
10-14-2005, 11:00 PM
We need mini to tell us if there is rain for Sunday?

sporty883r
10-15-2005, 12:46 AM
Sunday Very windy with mostly cloudy skies and scattered showers. Highs: 51 to 54.

Weather doesn't sound too friendly however i will repost the weather report on saturday am

BikerBabe
10-15-2005, 04:31 PM
....Weather doesn't sound too friendly....
Now that's a freakn' surprise! :rolleyes: <_<

sporty883r
10-15-2005, 10:17 PM
....Weather doesn't sound too friendly....
Now that's a freakn' surprise! :rolleyes: <_<

Geeze today I seen the mice, rats and moles starting to move to high ground. that isn't good :huh:

Major
10-17-2005, 12:20 PM
Well the ride switched to CT. went to swap meet in brooklyn CT. then to the biker bar the Bach Dor Cafe. Nice ride up but went against 30mph winds all the way home. It was just great to get out and ride. A good warm up for the Kanga run :rolleyes: Rode with blaz and met some good riders at the bar. :rolleyes: