PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions from news letter

ruft
09-25-2004, 02:55 AM
First, If using synthetic oil would it hurt to switch to dino oil for the winter lay off, then put the synthetic back in at the start of spring.

Second, What about over inflating the tires during the winter sit.

Wide
09-25-2004, 03:33 AM
I would not change over to dino if your running synthetic, it's better over long periods.

Dont over inflate your tires, you can go to the maximum pressure on the sidewall :)

TomF
09-25-2004, 05:04 AM
They're supposed to be totally compatible, but synthetic is supposed to adhere to the metal better. If given the choice, storing with synthetic would be the better option anyway.

wreckerman
09-25-2004, 11:06 AM
and dont forget to place something under your tires like a pice of carpet , not a must but it does help to avoid flat spots B)

Wide
09-25-2004, 04:13 PM
and dont forget to place something under your tires like a pice of carpet , not a must but it does help to avoid flat spots B)

Great point!

I park mine on an old peice of carpet all the time, or I've seen those trick little garage floors they sell. :wacko:

gliderider94
09-25-2004, 05:06 PM
When I finally do park and winterize mine, I put the bike jack under it and raise it just enough to pick the tires up off the floor.

Wide
09-25-2004, 05:09 PM
When I finally do park and winterize mine, I put the bike jack under it and raise it just enough to pick the tires up off the floor.

Thats a great suggestion if you have a jack, get the weight off the suspension, you dont want to go to full extension on the suspension because if your a little low on fork fluid you can hang a damphner seal out to dry so to speak. A very good idea :D