View Full Version : new road king

09-26-2004, 12:03 PM
Friday night picked up my new 05 RK two tone blue injected Deal was dealer switched whitewalls for blackwalls Went into pick up at 5;00 shop still had the tires off started talking to sales manager about pipes[I was going to hold off] He made me as sweet deal on slash down screamin eagles stage 2, air box, and reprogram injection This was at 5;15 [they close at 7;00] At 6;15 tech comes into sales office asks me to come back in the shop wants to adjust shiffetr so it clears my foot
Then service advisor gets hold om me for another 45 minutes running thru the bike [traded a 04 super glide so we dint have to go thru operation] showing me the difference on the RK
Bottom line Dealer did one hell of a job Everyone in Dealership was great going out of way to help and get the bike the way I wanted And thru in some goodies like a removable backrest .shirts and general good feeling
I love the sound of the Harley pipes the dealers actions were what I feel above and beyond my dealings with other Harley dealers in the area
The Road King puts my FXDI to shame
Got to go was her and get on the road If your in the Cleveland Ohio area Stop in at Lake Erie Harley Avon Oh Best dealer I have dealt with in any transaction
I have had 5 bikes any new will come from them :D :D

09-26-2004, 12:25 PM
Congrats on the new RK and welcome to the forums. It sounds to me like Lake Erie Harley Davidson has the right attitude with sales and service. The only thing I recieved with puchase was a shirt, coffee mug and a payment schedule. <_< Enjoy that new Road King bobbittner. http://img81.exs.cx/img81/6599/choppersmiley.gif

09-26-2004, 02:04 PM
very cool , and congradulations on the new rk , it is so nise and refreshing to here something good about a dealer once in a while, glad you found him and welcome to the forums glad you made it here B)

09-26-2004, 02:20 PM
Welcome to the forums bobbittner and congrats on the new bike.

09-26-2004, 03:19 PM
bobbittner.... welcome to HCG ..... sweet bike you have now.... just wait till you get 5000+ miles an you'll be likin' the SE2 sound even more.... Ride Safe man....

09-27-2004, 01:13 AM
Always love to hear about a good dealer out there! Welcome to the forums and if ya need help gettin' that RK dialed in just how you want, talk to wrecker - our resident RK expert! 1beer

09-29-2004, 11:56 AM
Welcome to the forums. I'm sure you'll enjoy the RK. Nice dealer story.

The Road King puts my FXDI to shame

09-29-2004, 01:55 PM
B) Bob,

I got my 04 Roadking Custom at Lake Erie as well. Matter of fact...took her in last night for the 1000 mile service. Did you work with Steve"Bones" Bowen on the purchase? He is dynamite. I love the place. Can't wait until they move to the new building next door. On another subject, do you know Ron and Debbie Bittner from Parma? I use to live across the street from them on Greenleaf Ave. Have seen them in about 10 years though. He works at the Zoo. Let me know if you want to cruise together some time.

budking in Westlake drunks

09-29-2004, 02:00 PM
I grew up right in the Cuyahoga Falls area but moved to TexaS as soon as possible ! :P And welcome to the HCG !! We'll need pics of that bike too !!!

09-30-2004, 02:10 PM
congrats BB great description of your experience gettin the bike......damn makes me want to go buy another harley!

10-01-2004, 01:51 AM
Bud King I see your in westlake I work in westlake and live in Lagrange Just got back from bike nite at Quaker S&L Not bad for cool nite You going to Halloween sale at Lake Erie ? If so I will run into you there
Keep the rubber side down