PDA

View Full Version : A good article............

Rusty
10-27-2005, 06:11 PM
Detroit Red Wings (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AqhPUd25lyscJtZtSyxPyBx7vLYF?slug=cp-nhl_lebrun_on_hockey&prov=cp&type=lgns)

Nowork
10-27-2005, 07:50 PM
Good for sure, Wings are kicking ass.

Nowork

gliderider94
10-27-2005, 08:55 PM
Good for sure, Wings are kicking ass.

Nowork

Yeah they are, but it's early. The thing we have this year that we haven't had too much of in the past few is young guns with wheels. Holland put this team together specificly with the elimination of the red line in mind. The team with the faster skaters, better passers, and a European flavor will dominate for a few years until the rest of the league catches up. Also, the elimination of the red line has also taken the neutral zone trap out of the game, which was the Wing's biggest nemisis in years past with the big name guys who liked to carry the puck (Hull, Yzerman, Chellios and even as far back as Federov and Larionov). These guys were payed to put pucks in the net and they all looked for the skating lane before the passing lane. The neutral zone trap was designed specificaly to shut down those guys and take away skating lanes coming into the offensive zone. It's a different game today, and I like it. I DO NOT LIKE that goalie trapazoid bullshit!!! Too wierd, the goailie can't handle the puck behind the net unless it's in the trap, BULLSHIT!!! I look for that one to go away in the future.

Nowork
10-28-2005, 03:32 PM
Bear,

I have to agree with all that you said. The interference and hooking being called more consitantly is going to help as well. The Wings have had good skaters for years and not calling those as tight have hurt them in the past. I'm withholding judgement on the trapezoid thing for right now. The game seems faster moving with the rules changes and I like that. I always thought the two line pass was stupid. If a guy can break away to get a one on one with the goalie, there will be more excitement. The Wings are off to a great start and hopefully continue that way.

Nowork

tradrockrat
10-28-2005, 05:57 PM
I don't understand why THEY take a year off and I have to relearn the damn game. :angry:

Oh yeah - Go Av's!!!! :D

Rusty
10-28-2005, 06:00 PM

freakin freakin freakin freakin bitchin

tradrockrat
10-28-2005, 06:02 PM

:lol: Figured we got a real good rivalry here on the boards over football teams, why not Hockey too? :lol:

Rusty
10-28-2005, 06:04 PM

:lol: Figured we got a real good rivalry here on the boards over football teams, why not Hockey too? :lol:

Have you seen the Av's play yet this year? To bad they lost all there good players due to the salary cap...........

tradrockrat
10-28-2005, 06:09 PM

Have you seen the Av's play yet this year? To bad they lost all there good players due to the salary cap...........

I'm no stranger to suck-ass years for my teams...I'm a REDSKIN fan for Gods sake!

Course, I like the Caps too... The octopus can kiss my @$$! ;) :lol:

Rusty
10-28-2005, 06:12 PM
I'm no stranger to suck-ass years for my teams...I'm a REDSKIN fan

Damn, I don't think could have said that out loud about the Cowboys.........My hat's off to ya buddy......... B) :lol: :D

tradrockrat
10-28-2005, 06:22 PM
I'm no stranger to suck-ass years for my teams...I'm a REDSKIN fan

Damn, I don't think could have said that out loud about the Cowboys.........My hat's off to ya buddy......... B) :lol: :D

Truth is the truth, but they're my team.

Hellswraith
10-29-2005, 08:47 AM
GO STARS !! Screw the Caps !!!

:o