PDA

View Full Version : Cooking with BEER

shaymus
10-30-2005, 12:39 PM
I got this website from another forum. Beercook.com They have some good recipes. :)

wreckerman
10-30-2005, 02:23 PM
thanks for posting will have to have a look over there , i still use beer in my pancakes makes them rise realy fluffy

Denny
10-30-2005, 02:28 PM
Thanks!!! Will give some of those a try. B)

LostLake
10-30-2005, 03:16 PM
thanks for posting will have to have a look over there , i still use beer in my pancakes makes them rise realy fluffy

Beer in pancakes Rex???

Beer in bread is awesome, brats in beer of course, but pancakes? How much do you use? I have to try that....

wreckerman
10-30-2005, 09:15 PM
lost lake , all you do is make your batter as you always do and instead of milk or water to thin out the mix use beer , it also will make a good batter for breading items before frying, i use bisquick but any mix will work

Wide
10-31-2005, 12:12 AM
I use beer in all my bread & batters & generally while cooking I drink lots of it bottomsup

gliderider94
10-31-2005, 02:05 PM
lost lake , all you do is make your batter as you always do and instead of milk or water to thin out the mix use beer , it also will make a good batter for breading items before frying, i use bisquick but any mix will work

For years I ran the "Friday Fish Fry" at the local Knights of Columbus council. I used Drake's batter mix and the only liqoud in it was beer. Throw in a dash of pepper and a little salt and your set. The batter was so good I was able to switch from Cod to Pollock (pollock is half the price of cod) and no one ever knew the difference.

gliderider94
10-31-2005, 02:07 PM

For years I ran the "Friday Fish Fry" at the local Knights of Columbus council. I used Drake's batter mix and the only liqoud in it was beer. Throw in a dash of pepper and a little salt and your set. The batter was so good I was able to switch from Cod to Pollock (pollock is half the price of cod) and no one ever knew the difference.

LostLake
11-04-2005, 01:55 AM

My batter mix is powder and water!!! So you think I should go powder and beer, or maybe start with half beer / half water??? :huh:

wreckerman
11-04-2005, 09:36 AM
ll go with all beer that's nature's golden water anyways

sunshine
11-13-2005, 05:50 PM
i use beer in my chili recipe! Yum- Yum

Ezlivn
11-13-2005, 08:43 PM

My batter mix is powder and water!!! So you think I should go powder and beer, or maybe start with half beer / half water??? :huh:

LL you've seen all those beer battered items such as fries, o rings, haddock, blah blah......there ya have it!!

GP...I sell food for a living....I could NEVER get away with Cod over Pollock here. Actually, this is Haddock country!!!