PDA

View Full Version : Dear head coaches of Dallas and Washington,

tradrockrat
11-28-2005, 06:35 PM
To Washington - Please, for the love of God stop screwing around with the hearts and minds of your fans and players! What is this garbage you call football? For the last three weeks I have watched bad coaching loose three games that never should have been lost. The team played well, you had the lead, then for reasons I can not fathom, you changed your game plan.

Offense - a 3 point lead is NOT a comfortable one. Neither is 7, 10, or 12. you do not abandon a game plan that put you ahead by 10 points in the first half in favor of 30 MINUTES of consevative "hold the ball" play. I don't care how good you are, that will still give the opposition several posessions. If you want to win, you need to KEEP SCORING!!!! I learned this in Pop Warner. Why have you forgotten?

Defense - You held the opposing team to single digits by being aggressive and going after the quaterback. Why would you stop what works and play 2 quarters of ball with three down lineman? Especially when you have one of the best runningbacks in league facing you? You may not call it Prevent Defense, but if it looks like shit, smells like shit, and works like shit, I call it Prevent. You gave up 17 UNANSWERED POINTS by changing your game plan and getting conservative.

YOU LOST BECAUSE YOU STOPPED TRYING TO WIN! Instead, you just tried to "hang on to the lead"- a huge difference. Plying conservative is dumb at the best of times, it's downright assinine when you've got a small lead. These are coaching mistakes, not player error. You need to trust your players to give it 100 percent all game and to do what you coached them to do. Don't disrespect them by getting timid and putting them in a position of trying to maintain. They should be trying to increase their lead, not maintain it.

To Dallas - keep up the good work...

hf155
11-28-2005, 06:41 PM
You forgot to metion the owners of those teams, two of the biggest pompus asses in the league.

NFC East will be decided Sunday in the Swamp, if we don't need a FG for the win that is.

tradrockrat
11-28-2005, 06:45 PM
You forgot to metion the owners of those teams, two of the biggest pompus asses in the league.

NFC East will be decided Sunday in the Swamp, if we don't need a FG for the win that is.

how right you are about the owners. I want my Jack back! But still, both coaching staffs seem to be oblivious to the fact that conservative play is killing them.

hf155
11-28-2005, 07:56 PM
Bein a Giants fan I will always hold a place for the Tuna, but he is very conservative, likes to sit on a 3 pt lead and try to run the ball.

Joe Gibbs should stick to racing now.

shags
11-28-2005, 08:45 PM
None of you will receive sympathy from us poor souls in Detroit. juker

FATboy05
11-28-2005, 10:37 PM
None of you will receive sympathy from us poor souls in Detroit. juker
Shags I'm sure everything will be perfect in Detroit now that they fired Mariuchi(sp)! It was all his fault, now all will be good 1beer

FATboy05
11-28-2005, 10:41 PM
Trad,
A lot has changed since we were exhaulting the Greatness of our Favorite Teams on the Hill Country Ride, Eh!

One is still good.............damn that was just mean. I'm sorry Dan, I didn't mean it :rolleyes:

Hellswraith
11-29-2005, 06:44 AM
Ahh yes we shall keep up the good work as were still in 1st place with a half game lead over the Gmen .. Looking forward to the game this weekend !!!! And it will be close Im sure - I just hope it doesnt come down to anything over a 30 yard Fg either ...

tradrockrat
11-29-2005, 04:01 PM
Ah, the eternal optimism of the born loser (not you guys, the team). you keep right on trying to play conservative ball. You'll keep losing when it counts, just like you have been all season. Remember, the important games are still ahead.

On the bright side, when you're losing in the fourth, you guys keep playing hard. Maybe both of our teams should try to be behind in the fourth quarter... :huh:

Oh yeah, we're still gonna kick your asses in a few weeks. :D

MedievalWoman
11-29-2005, 04:08 PM
Ahh yes we shall keep up the good work as were still in 1st place with a half game lead over the Gmen .. Looking forward to the game this weekend !!!! And it will be close Im sure - I just hope it doesnt come down to anything over a 30 yard Fg either ...

I can't feel happy for you guys. I think Parcells abandoned the Pats in a critical time, right before the super bowl and Blodsoe is a pansy. :angry:

FATboy05
11-30-2005, 01:45 AM
Ah, the eternal optimism of the born loser (not you guys, the team). you keep right on trying to play conservative ball. You'll keep losing when it counts, just like you have been all season. Remember, the important games are still ahead.

On the bright side, when you're losing in the fourth, you guys keep playing hard. Maybe both of our teams should try to be behind in the fourth quarter... :huh:

Oh yeah, we're still gonna kick your asses in a few weeks. :D

Yea right..... in the immortal words of MLK {you being MLK Dan} "I have a Dream............" LMAO

Hellswraith
11-30-2005, 05:43 AM
Nobody wants to play the Cowboys in the playoffs !! IF - they decided to open the GDAMN PLAYBOOK up !! See the Eagles Vs Cowboys game a few weeks back - 33 - 10 .. Now I agree that Percels is conservative , sometimes to the detriment of the team , but its a proven way to win if executed properly . Unfortunatley we havent been executing the run so all that does is make the game UGLY and cause me to have heart burn to the last second is off the clock !! :lol:

And btw - Redskins are gonna get their asse's kicked in a couple weeks !!

We owe you one !!!

:)

FATboy05
12-04-2005, 08:34 PM
Nobody wants to play the Cowboys in the playoffs !! IF - they decided to open the GDAMN PLAYBOOK up !! See the Eagles Vs Cowboys game a few weeks back - 33 - 10 .. Now I agree that Percels is conservative , sometimes to the detriment of the team , but its a proven way to win if executed properly . Unfortunatley we havent been executing the run so all that does is make the game UGLY and cause me to have heart burn to the last second is off the clock !! :lol:

THINK AFTER WATCHING THEM TODAY, IF THEY SOMEHOW BACKED THEIR WAY INTO THE PLAYOFFS, EVERYONE WOULD BE CHOMPING AT THE BIT TO PLAY THEM :(