PDA

View Full Version : WTF...PC worked first time

emtee
10-02-2004, 01:45 PM
With all the stuff I've read about having to tweak the Power Commander after installing mods on our fuel injected bikes, I have been preparing for at least an all day work session and a lot of bitchin.

So yesterday I installed an SE air box, a pair of SE slip-ons and a PC. Loaded the map for my ride (03 Deuce (510-036)) and took off down the street. Now...did I do something wrong? The bike ran flawlessly. No pops, no cracks, no hesitation, no dead spots, no...well, you get the point. It is a different machine now. More power, smoother, and generally just more fun to ride. So I came back home, picked up my lady and we took a hundred mile shakedown cruise. It was perfect.

I have to assume that this does happen to some folks out there, we probably just don't hear about it. The only one's we hear of are the people having issues with their particular setup. The only gripe I have with Dynajet is the way they keep track of their maps. I looked through a ton of maps and never did find my setup (which is pretty standard with all SE stuff). Only through this forum did I learn that Cycle Shack slip ons are the same as Screamin Eagles. It would save a lot of people a lot of effort if the database listed TRUE brand names and years, even if it was the same map as the other brands of slip ons.

Maybe I'll start a database with easy to find maps and axplanations, might be a good winter project. Hell, someone else may have already done it. If so how can we get the information out there for the guys and gals wanting to do theses mods. I love what the PC has done for my ride. Now the ol Deuce is a pleasure to ride.....SHIT, IT'S RAINING TODAY :angry:

wreckerman
10-02-2004, 03:22 PM
emtee yes that is great news and i am glad all went well for you ...that is why we post all this information to save are members money and agervation . also you are right it would be refreshing if the information was all pulled togeather and easyer to find ...sounds like a good winter project for someone who might have the time and apatude to do

Wide
10-02-2004, 05:08 PM
It's so nice when something works :D

For me, I like the misery of broken things :P

Great idea with the maps, would like to help if I can squeeze some time or offer anything towards it :D