PDA

View Full Version : Earnhardt Jr. fined, loses pts.

Spoiler
10-05-2004, 03:50 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/nascar/2004/news/headlines/cup/10/05/dearnhardtjr_points/junior_tv_2_xl.jpg

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla -- Driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. was penalized with a loss of 25 championship driver points and a $10,000 fine for an inappropriate post-race comment during the live national television broadcast of Sunday's NASCAR Nextel Cup Series race at Talladega Superspeedway, NASCAR officials announced Tuesday.

Earnhardt Jr., driver of the No. 8 Chevrolet, was in violation of Section 12-4-A (Actions detrimental to stock car racing) of the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series Rule Book for using inappropriate language.

Asked Sunday by NASCAR broadcaster NBC about the significance of his fifth victory at Talladega, Earnhardt said, "It don't mean s--- right now. Daddy's won here 10 times."

The penalty also will extend to the team as Dale Earnhardt Inc. will lose 25 championship owner points for the actions of its driver.

Earnhardt Jr.'s championship points total will be adjusted from 5,543 points to 5,518 as a result of the penalty, and will drop him from first to second in the Chase for the NASCAR Nextel Cup.

Kurt Busch and Roush Racing will assume the lead with 5,530 points, 12 ahead of Earnhardt Jr. and DEI, respectively.

--That's one expensive sheeit.--

Hellswraith
10-09-2004, 11:37 AM
Earnhardt said, "It don't mean s--- right now. Daddy's won here 10 times."

Id say any 30 year old man that still calls his old man Daddy needs to be fined for his actions !!!

:lol:

Wide
10-09-2004, 04:30 PM
Fine yes loosing points NO

There is a lot on the line here & how big NASCAR is getting I hope they dont follow the lines of CART which I was into in a big way.

Ahh what the heck we need a new series, Bring on the Outlaw series
woot

WolfSpectre
10-09-2004, 06:03 PM
Id say any 30 year old man that still calls his old man Daddy needs to be fined for his actions !!!

:lol:

Guess that's why there are not that many drivers from Louisiana. ;)

BlackKnight
10-11-2004, 01:40 PM

LMAO! Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. Had a customer last week in his 60's talking about his "Daddy". Its a southern thing! I'm also fond of the nickname/fullname thing.

What's your name.

"Tommy"

You mean Thomas right? Tommy is a nickname.

"No, my name is Tommy, dats wut's on my birth paper"

Gotta love it! :D

BTW: Junior sucks! :P

gliderider94
10-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Not an Earnhardt fan by any means as I spent years as an engine designer for Rousch and now for Ford, but, the only more annal retentive, asshole, bullshit, I gotta be in charge of everything organization other then NASCAR is the NCAA.

I believe that NASCAR is a VERY family oriented organization and a fine for his language (the money should go to charity, not NASCAR) is appropriate but not the point reduction. The word "shit" was not that big of deal. I mean, heck, seing as where he is from, he coulda been talkin bout bangin his sister (just kidding guys). Besides, now, if any other team does win the championship by any margin less then that of the points penalty, an argument could be made that it is an unearned champoinship (a statement I would have to agree with).

I can understand points being taken for an infraction that actually had an impact on the outcome of the race, but I believe that in any sport, if there was nothing done by a competetor that had an influence on the outcome of the competition, all punative actions should be levied in a manor that does not influence the competition itself. In short, THAT'S BULLSHIT. Woops, do I get a fine for that?