PDA

View Full Version : Trip to San Diego

resection3d
12-18-2005, 05:07 AM
Howdy folks. I'm going to be San Diego on New Years Eve thru the 4th of January to see my daughter off. She's being deployed on the USS Ronald Reagan to points west. Glad she's gonna get to see the world.

Anyway, assuming the weather is decent on Jan 2 and maybe Jan 3, am thinking about renting a scoot and seeing the sights while she's working or on duty. So, got some questions.

1. Does San Diego Harley rent bikes outside of the Fly n' Ride program? Won't be able to meet the 3 weeks in advance reservation requirement. If so, cost?

2. If not, has anyone dealt with Eaglerider Rentals in San Diego? They decent folks to deal with?

3. Would anyone be available/willing to ride with me and show me the sights?

4. If not, what & where would be some good rides and places to catch?

5. Looking at the NWS site, looks like the forecast is for the mid 60's to low 70's next week. How's the weather really been and any rain?

Thanks much.

HDangel
12-18-2005, 04:25 PM
post deleted

arthureld
12-18-2005, 04:53 PM
resection3d, I will be passing thru San Diego at that time. Probably the 2nd. Maybe we can hook up. Got any pics of yer daughter? jk, I'll be with a lady.
Eaglerider is ok but not cheap. They have lowered there prices recently. You can't beat the fly and ride, but they don't deal thru every dealer. I called before and they have to check to see if a bike is available first. Then they may wave the 3 week rule if one is available.
It won't hurt to ask. And you could ask to speak to the manager at Eaglerider if you like to do that kind of thing. I have talked them into a lower rate because I rent often.
Call my cell anytime 310 809 1649 leave a message if I don't answer. Even if I'm in Mex and have no service, I'll get the message eventually. King lives in San Diego and wants to hook up too. You may want to PM him.

resection3d
12-20-2005, 03:35 AM
art, per your request, picture of my daughter.

Will let ya know via this post about my whereabouts in San Diego. Will PM ya my cell phone number and hopefully we can get hooked up down there. Would also like to meet King while down there if possible.

King
12-20-2005, 02:54 PM
Can't beat the weather down here, not much rain yet. Never rented a bike but I know the SD dealer has rentals available I can check price and availability for you.

arthureld
12-20-2005, 03:02 PM
art, per your request, picture of my daughter.

Will let ya know via this post about my whereabouts in San Diego. Will PM ya my cell phone number and hopefully we can get hooked up down there. Would also like to meet King while down there if possible.

What a great pic resection3d. You must be a proud daddy. :)

resection3d
12-20-2005, 03:24 PM
What a great pic resection3d. You must be a proud daddy. :)

As a matter of fact! It's gonna help her grow up also. Already seen a lot of change.

Robustus
12-21-2005, 05:19 AM
Can't beat the weather down here, not much rain yet. Never rented a bike but I know the SD dealer has rentals available I can check price and availability for you.

so does Quaid in Temecula

hogwylde
12-26-2005, 03:04 PM
Go here for San Diego HD renting http://www.2wheeladventure.com/

custompurple
12-27-2005, 05:44 AM
Some of us are going to be taking a ride up Palomar Mountain towards the hideout area on Jan 1st. If you'd like to go let me know and I'll give you the details.
Colleen