PDA

View Full Version : Sad times for Colts

Hellswraith
12-24-2005, 04:12 PM
Its a sad day when a kid passes away . No parent should ever have to bury his child . The Colts Head Coach Tony Dungy's son apparantly killed himself a couple of days ago . I got choked up hearing this on sportscenter this morning .. Bad way to kick off the Holidays . My wifes having a sad time as well as my mother in law passed away 4 years ago today . Good luck Colts and especially Tony Dungy and his family ...

read it here ---->

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AjjJiFBLml5ldQhkSGbq5EY5nYcB?slug=ap-colts-dungysson-autopsy&prov=ap&type=lgns

Sandman
12-24-2005, 04:14 PM
yea that really sucks. and what really blows is, the kid was only 18. dam, didnt even start to live life yet.

FATboy05
12-24-2005, 04:25 PM
I can't imagine the pain Tony, and the Family are going through. You should never have to bury a kid. Especially one so stupid as this one was. I hope they don't start blaming themselves for his stupidly selfish action...

OldSalt
12-24-2005, 04:35 PM
:( I really feel bad for him. I cannot imagine how horrible it would feel to lose my son. I would have a hard time just tryin to find a reason to keep living.

Sandman
12-24-2005, 09:36 PM
when will kids learn...problems are temporary. suicide is permanent. a permanent solution to a temporary problem. whatta waste.

FATboy05
12-25-2005, 05:46 AM
when will kids learn...problems are temporary. suicide is permanent. a permanent solution to a temporary problem. whatta waste.
Amen brother

NY90
12-25-2005, 06:54 AM
Mom always said..."It's the natural progression to bury a parent, not a child"
As a father of an 18 and 15 year old, this sad story hit me hard.

lioutofplace
12-26-2005, 01:06 PM
Mom always said..."It's the natural progression to bury a parent, not a child"
As a father of an 18 and 15 year old, this sad story hit me hard.

I hear ya Bro, mine are 18,11, and 8.

dastic
12-26-2005, 03:40 PM
My heart and prayers go out to Dungy and his family. I feel so bad for the guy--Put's together a Superbowl team in Tampa (that Jon Gruden inherits and gets the ring), then comes to Indy and has done a bang up job---and been so close the last few seasons--then gets the team on a roll looking like history in the making and then the loss that prevents the historical 14 game win streak---then the loss of his sons' life--then another loss to Seattle. Man this is a lot to carry on your shoulders. With the loss of his son, even if they do win the Super Bowl how sweet it could be. I guess that is the true meaning of "Bittersweet"

Sandman
12-26-2005, 05:38 PM
maybe the colts will wear the black horseshoes for the remainder of the season including super bowl if they get to the top of the ladder in tribute.

softail
12-27-2005, 09:44 PM
I feel bad for the father/head coach, and the rest of the family. :(

Now, with that being said. I'm glad the Hawks won, and a win is a win, is a win, is a win... Yee friggin haw!

Looks kinda like we might play again in the Super Bowl! B) :P

Yabba Dabba Do, and all that jazz too. :D :D