PDA

View Full Version : the bus on the way to denver

Sandman
01-15-2006, 08:25 PM
bye bye indi...next 'bus' stop, denver. 1 win away from 'da bowl'. kam bottomsup drunks

Kagan
01-15-2006, 09:26 PM
drunks drunks

woot

Sandman
01-15-2006, 10:35 PM
things been pretty quiet around here. hmmmm, mebby the bus needs to have a pair of screamin eagles added hahahaha

buck
01-15-2006, 10:43 PM
That was a hell of a game, the "bus" almost lost the game. Good thing "big ben" can tackle.

ruft
01-15-2006, 10:44 PM
Its tough when You have to play against the opposing team and the officials.

hogwylde
01-15-2006, 10:47 PM
I didn't watch the whole game but did some reading on the 'net about it, and have a question. It said that basically, there was one call, that will go down into the NFL archives as one of the craziest calls ever made. What happened?

Sandman
01-15-2006, 11:13 PM
in the 4th quarter, ss polamandu made a ice cold interception, fell, and while he was getting up, his knee squirted out the ball. he recovered it, but it was ruled an incomplete pass. now how in the fuck can that not be an interception when if he had been a colts reciever, it would have been ruled a completion/fumble/fumble recovery? another play that should have been flagged was in the 2nd quarter. a colts defender blatently tackled a steeler reciever before the fuckin ball got there. how obvious is that? daaaaaaaah. pass interference u blind ass monkey fucker. :angry:
another play that went against the steelers that happened at least 2x's....a safety. how in the fuck can u not get thumped in the end zone and not get it ruled a safety?
colts offense basically didnt show up till very late in the 4th quarter. managed to fire off a td, a 2 point conversion, but failed to make a fg to tie it and send it into ot.
steelers should have just sat on the ball, but instead decided to try for a td with the bus, and at the goal line, he took a hit on the ball from a helmet that squirted it loose. good thing big ben was able to take down the dude sprintin for the end zone. that soooo aint like the bus to fumble like that at all. the bus almost became 'the goat'.

ruft
01-15-2006, 11:17 PM
The colts defence came across the line of scrimmage saying a steeler moved, but no flag was thrown. Which should have meant the colts were off sides. The officials did not call any penalty. There really was no explanation given. Then there was the intercepton taken away from the steelers. It will be interesting to see what the NFL has to say about these calls.

Sandman
01-15-2006, 11:19 PM
yea i wondered about that 1 also. none of the steelers moved at all. that should have been offsides for sure. just 1 of many missed calls that should have been in the steelers favor.

hogwylde
01-15-2006, 11:25 PM
Hey Sandman.....don't yell at me. I am a Patriots fan and vs. Oakland, his arm was obviously going forward! ;) Yea, Yea......lets make a new rule!

I'm going to have to pull the game up on NFL Network On-Demand to check it out.

Sandman
01-16-2006, 03:45 AM
it was a good game tho some of the refs should get their eyes checked. hehe

whodatt
01-16-2006, 02:40 PM
I agree that the Palomalu deal was the absolute worst call I have ever seen, and that was on a revue! Something is wrong there.

I also thought that Peyton got tackled for a safety at first, but then when I watched it on replay I think they made the correct call on that one. You do have to give the runner (and at that time he would have been considered to be running the ball) forward progress.

I thought that the Steelers were going to give it away when the bus had his fumble, but they managed to hold onto the win. I'm sure that the bus is VERY happy about that one! :D :D :D

Congrats to the Steelers!!!

Sandman
01-16-2006, 11:36 PM
they almost had a nuclear meltdown for sure in the last few mins, but gods of football decided the steelers had enough terror for 1 nite. that was a hell of a good game for sure. bottomsup

BlackKnight
01-17-2006, 12:39 AM
Have to wonder if any Manning can take the pressure of the big game. Sure looks like a family flaw! :rolleyes:

hf155
01-17-2006, 11:20 PM
Heard on the news some guy actually had a heart attack when Bettis fumbled. Probably sue him now. Guy was a real steeler fan (almost said die hard fan) and Bettis was his idol. Had to get a pacemaker and hypertension pills! It's only a game man.

BlackKnight
01-18-2006, 01:40 AM
Funny you mention that. I watched the end of the Giant game at the gym. I was on the stationary bike with the heart rate meter. I was a steady 118 for about 15-20 minutes. As the game closed out I felt myself get that "these guys suck" feeling, nothing major, just that "boy they suck". I looked at the board and my HR was 136. LOL

Just a game but man can you get a burn on! :angry:

hf155
01-18-2006, 02:15 AM
:D :D I can just see you running faster and faster when theres a close play !

Denny
01-18-2006, 02:45 AM
I happen to be a Steelers fan, I do like the Colts though, from the old Jhonny Unitus days. I thought I wouldn't care if the Steelers lost to the Colts. I really thought the Colts were the better Team, before the game.
Then after those calls by the Ref's I was going nuts, and didn't want the Steelers to lose that way. I do think it was one of the best games to date except for the 4 really bad calls.
drunks Go Steelers drunks