PDA

View Full Version : National Rally

wreckerman
10-13-2004, 11:49 PM
I'm trying to get the feelings of the membership on their participation in an HCG 3 day rally. Would like to know, would you attend, would you like it on it's own or would you like it tied to another established event. Would you travel a 1000 miles.

Joker
10-13-2004, 11:53 PM
I would love to see some more details as you get them. I dont believe that it would need to be tied to anything else as when you get even a couple of us together we seem to do a pretty good job entertaining ourselves. I would definately give it some consideration though. Great Idea Wrecker.
Joker B)

Wide
10-14-2004, 12:02 AM
I'm Wide open to all suggestions on this one. ^_^

The ideal thing would be our own event, if we start soon enough we could get the word out all over the internet.

Distance is not a problem as would a great place to have it.

Just one more thought, if we were to tie this into another event it might be a blast to do it as the same time as a cool non biker event so that we could draw bikers to the other event also, just a thought

1beer

animal
10-14-2004, 12:26 AM
Sturgis?????

Ratbike
10-14-2004, 12:52 AM
Sounds good to me. :)

Just one more thought, if we were to tie this into another event it might be a blast to do it as the same time as a cool non biker event so that we could draw bikers to the other event also, just a thought

1beer

I like the idea.
drunks

TexasFatBoy
10-14-2004, 02:23 AM
Only problem with the poll is that I couldn't choose more than one! Since I've already done a three day event with some of you (ROT Rally & DFW), a few of us have traveled more than 1000 miles (speedman, wreckerman, and Wide for DFW and me to wrecker's Toy Run), one of those was a stand alone (DFW) and two were tied to another event (ROT Rally & Toy Run).

Guess that means I'm willing to go just about anywhere with enough advance planning, another three day event would be great, even if we just do like we did for DFW and some are planning for the Hill Country Run this weekend where we all gather on Friday evening, ride or hang out Saturday, party Saturday night and head on for home on Sunday.

If we were to tie it to another event or rally, we may want to consider meeting a day or two before the event for an HCG only gathering which then gets segued into the big event.

All sounds good to me folks! drunks

junior
10-14-2004, 02:39 AM
Distance is not a problem as would a great place to have it.

well, whaddabout here? ok- "distance within reason".....lol

j

wreckerman
10-14-2004, 09:43 PM
all good thought's fellows, i am just trying to get a feel of what most of you would like before i start looking for locations and so on , your input is very much needed to make this work....
my thoughts would be to rent a whole camp ground, that has a moltel neer by and then get a local band from the area to play at night , during the day we could do a poker run and have a few stops that i would make co sponser's of the run,maybe a ride in bike show , and a few self guided tour 's from maps we make of the area this is kind of the lines that i am thinking about as for location maybe ohio or some thing mid usa try to split the disdance from east to west and norht to south have not got a map out yet but i need input tfg sorry about the poll but that was the only way i knew to set it up remember i am not a geak

Wide
10-14-2004, 10:02 PM
\sorry about the poll"" remember i am not a geak

It's Geek sex02

wreckerman
10-14-2004, 10:23 PM
oh i am sorry , i need spell cheak oh thats right you guys band me from haveing one :lol:

Joker
10-14-2004, 10:35 PM
Thats right no spell check for you wasnt it something about adding to the flavor of the post?
Joker

tradrockrat
10-14-2004, 11:16 PM
I picked 3 day rally, but I'd like it on its own and at least 1000 miles away! :D Just don't plan it for early july, as I'm getting hitched and can't really skip that! :lol:

Wide
10-14-2004, 11:33 PM
I like the idea of Laughlin Nevada, great prices great weather lots to do bottomsup

animal
10-15-2004, 01:50 AM
I like the laughlin idea too. Gambling is a good thing sometimes. :)

gliderider94
10-15-2004, 02:44 PM
I was trying to consider my thoughts on this subject when I read TexasFatboy's post. I agree completely with everything he said so there's no need to say it again.

Tradrocket said:

Just don't plan it for early july, as I'm getting hitched and can't really skip that!

I am an ordained minister and have preformed many "Biker" weddings all over the country. Just bring the ole gal along with ya and I'll be happy to hitch ya up. (Universal Life Church - yes it's a little hokey, but it is legal and I do a VERY professional job, your friends and family would never guess I'm just a broken down old biker - I've done over 20 weddings so far)

TexasFatBoy
10-15-2004, 02:47 PM
I was trying to consider my thoughts on this subject when I read TexasFatboy's post. I agree completely with everything he said so there's no need to say it again.

Tradrocket said:

Just don't plan it for early july, as I'm getting hitched and can't really skip that!

I am an ordained minister and have preformed many "Biker" weddings all over the country. Just bring the ole gal along with ya and I'll be happy to hitch ya up. (Universal Life Church - yes it's a little hokey, but it is legal and I do a VERY professional job, your friends and family would never guess I'm just a broken down old biker - I've done over 20 weddings so far)

Thanks, Bear!

Preacher? :blink2: Holy Hog! (yes, pun intended) I did NOT see that one coming, :o but I think it's awesome - I may have just come across the guy I want doing the vow renewal for my wife and I next year on our 10th anniversary! Wanna come to TX in October, Bear? drunks

Wide
10-15-2004, 03:09 PM
I am an ordained minister and have preformed many "Biker" weddings all over the country.

Very cool, if we get to hook up soon if the O/L agree's were at that stage, would make a great thing for our next event, I can see it now.

HCG event & Wide's wedding bottomsup

Being from that old Italian background we regularly do the blessing of the bikes, pets, cars etc. Out here in CA all they do is burn a fatty & say you are now blessed.

Very cool Glider 1beer

gliderider94
10-15-2004, 03:25 PM
Preacher? Holy Hog! (yes, pun intended) I did NOT see that one coming, but I think it's awesome - I may have just come across the guy I want doing the vow renewal for my wife and I next year on our 10th anniversary! Wanna come to TX in October, Bear?

Very cool, if we get to hook up soon if the O/L agree's were at that stage, would make a great thing for our next event, I can see it now.

Yes, I would be proud to do your renewal cerimony or wedding or whatever. I take this seriously, as it is a serious business, and I do a VERY professional job. The Universal Life Church is one of those "online, we ordain anyone" types of diploma mills, but it is recognized as a church as described under federal guidlines and the people who run it take it very seriously and it is legal in all fifty states.

Also, I don't know about Texas, but here in Michigan it is extreemly difficult to find a non denominational minister or even a denominational one who will work outside of his respective church or congregation. Many of the denominational ministers I know of will not preform cerimonies for couples where one or both are not of his denomination. That leaves a lot of people just going to the courthouse and doing civil cerimonies.

I will do any type of cerimony, anywhere, any way you want it done. I have done "commitment" cerimonies for couples who want to celebrate their commitment but don't want to "legally' marry. I've done baby blessings, bike blessings, gay commitment cerimonies, memorial functions and even a funeral. The church provides all necessary profesional documents for any type of cerimony you can think of. I've done a triditional church wedding in a rented historical catherdal, a biker wedding at a field meet (five couples at once) and one of the coolest ones I did was a hippie wedding at midnight in a primal forest in Michigan's upper peninsula (totally lit by candel light and a bonfire).

I will take nearly any thing anyone wants to say or any thought they want to express and work with them to put it into words as they see fit. Try to get a traditionl denominational minister to do that. My fees are always negotiable based on the time, creativity, and travel required, but for you of course, my services would be free. I'll even shave and take a bath, as long as I get to come to the party afterwards.

By the way: I do NOT consider myself in any way a "preacher" as, while I deffinately do have my own views of spirituality, I do not push them on and rarely discuss them with anybody. I regard myself ONLY as a "minister" as I have the interest and ability to 'legally" administer to your spiritual needs in a cerimonial capacity.

TexasFatBoy
10-15-2004, 03:55 PM
Well, the wife and I got married on top of Enchanted Rock here in Texas about ninety minutes outside of Austin. I used to teach at an Episcopal school and the minister there had agreed to marry us even though I hadn't taught there for almost two years at the time and neither my wife nor I were real church goers. Well, two weeks before the wedding, he got a call from the bishop and was reassigned starting immediately and had to back out at the last minute leaving us with family coming from all over for a wedding with no preacher. My boss at the time was a Unitarian and I asked if they had any pastor willing to not only marry us, but hike to the top of Enchanted Rock to do it. Luckily, a wonderful woman, Pastor Cathy, agreed and was actually thrilled to do the ceremony, so we all traipsed to the top of the rock at sunset, I in tux and tails, my bride in full regalia (but with sneakers under her gown for the hike up) and the wedding went off without a hitch, or, well, we got hitched, so, y'all know what I mean! :lol:

So the non-traditional is kinda where we started! And don't you dare shave - we want the REAL Bear if we do it! B)

gliderider94
10-15-2004, 04:07 PM
Not a problem, I hate shaving anyway. If your planning on that "top of the rock" thing again, just give me a twelve pack and a day's head start, I'll be there.
:lol:

TexasFatBoy
10-15-2004, 04:18 PM
Nah, haven't really been able to figure a way to ride the bike up there! :lol:

Maybe we should shoot for the parking lot of the Grand Prairie Comfort Inn - seems to have worked out for the HCG so far! :P

gliderider94
10-15-2004, 04:47 PM
Maybe we should shoot for the parking lot of the Grand Prairie Comfort Inn - seems to have worked out for the HCG so far!

Do you actually think they will let you come back?

wreckerman
10-15-2004, 07:33 PM
sounds a lot like the wedding jan and i had at the vfw about 300 bikes in atandence we lined them up in 2 rolls and the best man drove jan right up the asil to the alter i had a cherokee indian ceramony or at least the words were and a hell of a blow out bash includeing one of the best blues bands in the area performing we had a blown glass figure of a bike in the center of the cake supports and we all toasted with jack dannels instead of chapani the event even made several news papers

gliderider94
10-15-2004, 07:42 PM
Wreckerman, did you use a member of the clergy and what kind? most organized religous leaders around here wouldn't touch that kind of service. That's pretty much where I come in. Anything you want, anywhere you want it.

TexasFatBoy
10-15-2004, 07:48 PM
Maybe we should shoot for the parking lot of the Grand Prairie Comfort Inn - seems to have worked out for the HCG so far!

Do you actually think they will let you come back?

Ya think I was planning to ask permission? I can see it now, we roll up in the back of speedman's trailer with the duct taped axle, the back drops down and we ride down into the parking lot for the ceremony! :lol:

wreckerman
10-15-2004, 07:52 PM
the guy i used is a old club brother who lives in hometown arkensaw "?" latch is his last name and he has the same paperwork that you have all he had to do is go to the court house and sign the book and he was all set for il sevice
if you ever make it over here "hint" i will show you the pictures and the news paper articals ... :lol: it seems that while i was on my honeymoon one of my brothers seen the news paper and on the headline it said biker wedding so he looked at the pic and it was me , so he borrowed the hole dispenser and brought it to my house 20 copys of the papers and the change in the mechine as well as the mechine kind of his way of giveing me a wedding presend

Hellswraith
10-20-2004, 06:01 AM
Well Id certainly be up for a bit of travel to another HCG event . Iv'e had nothing but fun at both the HCG events so far . As long as I can work vacation out and everything - count me in ...

drunks