PDA

View Full Version : On the road to pipe cert

PORKROASTER
02-08-2006, 02:12 AM
Here's some practice I did today, doing a 1G position plate.... will work up to the 6G position soon enough.

Front and backside. Look here to qualify the welds. Anyone should be able to make a pretty lookin' tig weld from the front side.

But can you make it a nice tight belly on the backside?

:P

Bigshovel
02-09-2006, 12:32 AM
Cap is good, I can still see the start stop. Did you feather edge the fit? Nickel landing, dime gap for stick....feather edge for Tig. I still say lose the Tig rig until you can 6G with a pokin' stick. I'm waitin' on my copy of that 6G test. :D

PORKROASTER
02-10-2006, 12:56 AM
Cap is good, I can still see the start stop. Did you feather edge the fit? Nickel landing, dime gap for stick....feather edge for Tig. I still say lose the Tig rig until you can 6G with a pokin' stick. I'm waitin' on my copy of that 6G test. :D

CAP??? WTF? Where's the cap? whatchyoutalkinboutwillys?

:lol:

Bigshovel
02-10-2006, 11:29 AM

CAP??? WTF? Where's the cap? whatchyoutalkinboutwillys?

:lol: My bad Pork I should have clicked and got the full size pic, now that I did........ crapper

:D :D :D