PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps I'll move to Arizona...

RoadKingCool
10-16-2004, 04:32 PM
First Post for this Newbie Cherry..

Well folks as I look outside the window and watch the
grey Washington state drizzle settle in, a feeling of dread
begins to attatch itself to my disposition, as I come to grips
with the fact that for those of us that are "fair weather riders"
the season is pretty much down the road. If you live around
the greater Seattle area, or have ever visited here lately then you
know what a hazard it is to ride in this traffic even when the weather is good...
Guess Ill have to pacify myself with cold beer, and keep the shine on my
ride whilst I keep an eye on the weather.

bottomsup

wreckerman
10-16-2004, 04:38 PM
roadkingcool welcome to the hcg and as you stated the seson is coming to a close for a few of us , but that gives you time to get some reading done and what better place then right here so grab that beer and have a look around there is always room for one more

buckanddot
10-16-2004, 05:14 PM
Years ago when I was just a little pup, about this time of year, when the first snows came, I would start lookin forward to X-mas and the comin of Santa Claus and all the other good times that went along with it. Now bein the old fart that I am, I find myself lookin forward to the next decent ridin day with the same excitement and anticipation. It may be tommorow, or next month, or maybe not til next March, when the temps will allow and no snow or heavy salt accumulations on the road gives me the opportunity to ride. But I'm still waitin, I just hope I live long enough........ BTW, Dot and I always take a ride on New Years Day, no matter how nasty. Sometimes its only around the block, but it's tradition.

Wide
10-16-2004, 06:37 PM
Welcome to the forums

We have rain in the forecast this week here in SoCal, I do feel your pain, you are correct beer helps.

1beer

Swyney
10-16-2004, 11:37 PM
Beer always helps Wide bottomsup

HoustonFatboy
10-17-2004, 12:28 AM
i hate to post this, not rubbing it in, but i was riding in short sleeves, 85 degrees, all sun. same tomorrow.

wreckerman
10-17-2004, 10:41 AM
i hate to post this say's hustonfatboy, ya right

TexasFatBoy
10-18-2004, 12:13 AM
Welcome to the forums! 1beer All the other northerners will be here all winter to keep ya company! I'll be riding! :P And wrecker, I didn't hate saying it at all! :lol:

HoustonFatboy
10-18-2004, 12:27 AM
i hate to post this say's hustonfatboy, ya right

sorry wreckerman!!! but i'm sure that leaves more time for this. drunks

Joker
10-18-2004, 02:04 PM
Im a northerner and I hate this time of year. Just about ready to move too but I think Ill pick Texas, thats appearantly where all the animals hang out!
Joker dr evil

johnnyb57
10-18-2004, 02:59 PM
Beautiful country you have up there, was stationed in spokane back in the late 70's was always goin into courdalane ( spellin ? ) well welcome to this little hangout..Lots of good people here I"m sure you'll enjoy yourself.. Shit it might help the winter months go by a little faster...