PDA

View Full Version : Going to California in June

luux
02-28-2006, 12:59 PM
Hello,

I'm going to Califronia in June on a Harley for about 10 days. I'd like to know what I must see ... Could somebody help me building my trip ?
I'd like to go first in San Francisco and then see the grand canyon, las vegas, different national park .. there is so much to see that i'm a little bit lost !
I'd like to know the weather, how must i dress to go on that motorcyle ?
I somebody could help me it would be great.
Thanks in advance.
Luux

Wide
02-28-2006, 02:40 PM
Hi LUUZ

If your flying into frisco you can check out Napa Vally then down the coast PCH highway. Lots of mountains the ocean & lots of biker hangouts. That should keep you busy for 5-6 days
Weather should be perfect 70-90 & no rain except for Frisco, it can rain there at any time

I'm in Los Angeles

ICsno
02-28-2006, 03:52 PM
The ride to Alice's is great and on the weekend there's a bunch of bikes up there. (just don't speed, the guys on rice rockets have the cops hoppin)

http://alicesrestaurant.com/

Following hiway 1 down the coast before and after Alice's is a must. Gets cold and windy sometimes so have a jacket handy. Once you get away from the NoCal coast or get into SoCal it'll get a lot warmer that time of year.

There's Napa or Lake Tahoe
There's Santa Cruz and Monterey after Alice's
There's Yosemite if you want to go inland after Monterey

You should probably pick either No or So Cal. Lot's in So Cal too. Big Bear, San Diego, the beach cities, Palm Springs over the San Jacinto mtns...

olfatfart
03-03-2006, 07:45 AM
Have you been to America before?

luux
03-04-2006, 01:10 PM
Thanks to all of you.
I'm going to look at all the places you gave me and see how I can build my way on the roads.
Yes I have alreday been to America : In Wisconsin / La Crosse, in NYC, in Detroit ... so I know everyhting is just not like on TV. But you know it's the same in France :)

tallywacker
03-04-2006, 01:26 PM
my 2 cents go for
So. Ca :D run the coast down then take to nav or az lots of way to go

ICsno
03-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Thanks to all of you.
I'm going to look at all the places you gave me and see how I can build my way on the roads.
Yes I have alreday been to America : In Wisconsin / La Crosse, in NYC, in Detroit ... so I know everyhting is just not like on TV. But you know it's the same in France :)

I think he meant if you knew that you wanted to see a bunch of places that are very spread out. Your original list would have you seeing gas stations and pavement and not the places you mentioned. It's a little more spread out than France, even on tv.

WOFARTED
04-23-2006, 08:15 AM
come down pch to san diego. look in teh biker friendly places here on the board for my posting of things to do in san diego. It is exhaustive. if you cannot fine it pm me and i will send you a copy.

tallywacker
05-04-2006, 03:00 PM
june is all most here u still comming to ca?

custompurple
06-28-2006, 07:09 AM
June is almost gone...did you ever make it here?