PDA

View Full Version : norton

buck
10-21-2004, 02:18 AM
my definitions need to be updated, so i click on update definitions. Its starts to go then stops and says that it failed.
'ERROR LU1803 Live update failed while getting your updates" "if failes again with this error you should reinstal live update" ....ok, i cant figure out how to reinstall live update. I have tried to run live update about 10 times and always get this message. My subscription is up to date and i have updated before with no problems. I tried to turn my firewall off but get the same message. any ideas? thanks

animal
10-21-2004, 02:24 AM
my definitions need to be updated, so i click on update definitions. Its starts to go then stops and says that it failed.
'ERROR LU1803 Live update failed while getting your updates" "if failes again with this error you should reinstal live update" ....ok, i cant figure out how to reinstall live update. I have tried to run live update about 10 times and always get this message. My subscription is up to date and i have updated before with no problems. I tried to turn my firewall off but get the same message. any ideas? thanks
Don't you have a Norton antivirus CD, that you used to install it on your computer in the first place? I had the same kind of problem. I fixed it by uninstalling Norton AV, and reinstalling it.

buck
10-21-2004, 02:29 AM
animal> no, i downloaded from the internet i think. My PC came with norton installed and i just updated from the internet.

Wide
10-21-2004, 02:46 AM
We have a link to AVG anti virus in the links section, I run it here & works great

buck
10-21-2004, 02:58 AM
I got it fixed :) , went to nortons web site and downloaded a patch for "live update", worked like a champ, just took a while to find it on there web site

Wide
10-21-2004, 02:59 AM
Good deal :D

Cant have those viruses get ya whip ip

Jamorris
10-21-2004, 11:56 AM
I got it fixed :) , went to nortons web site and downloaded a patch for "live update", worked like a champ, just took a while to find it on there web site

I listened to Wide and downloaded AVG. I uninstalled all my Symantec stuff and my PCs boot and run much faster.

I used to think highly of NAV and System Works. I don't anymore.

Jerry

Wide
10-21-2004, 05:11 PM
AVG is a great product, I tried all the others & like this one the best :D