PDA

View Full Version : letter from H.O.A.

tallywacker
03-26-2006, 02:36 PM
got a letter today told me i could not do this in front of my house anybody want to go to a meeting lol

gman
03-26-2006, 04:19 PM
got a letter today told me i could not do this in front of my house anybody want to go to a meeting lolI'll go and ride on the side walk to :ph34r:

mizdoe
03-27-2006, 12:38 AM
Whats up with this???
the neighbors don't like us staging at your house?
Well guess I can just race my bike up & down your street & not park
:D :D :D :D :D

sporty883r
03-27-2006, 12:43 AM
Sounds like they are jealous!

custompurple
03-27-2006, 01:11 AM
What? Sounds like we need to get together and make some REAL noise!!! dafinger Screw them!

Mungo
03-27-2006, 01:22 AM
I know it's coming for me too. HOAs are a pain and a blessing at the same time. Unless you have twenty biker's living in your house and this only happens less than once a week, I don't see where they have too much to say. Just tell them you're having a get together. You do have the right for that.

I will suggest this. Motorcyclist need representation in every form of government. While this isn't part of our federal or state government, it is a form of your local government. Try to get on the board. Make certain HOA rules don't get past that can discriminate against you or your bike.

Hey - wonder if they'd let you put a Harley in your front yard up on blocks?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tallywacker
03-27-2006, 03:38 AM
I know it's coming for me too. HOAs are a pain and a blessing at the same time. Unless you have twenty biker's living in your house and this only happens less than once a week, I don't see where they have too much to say. Just tell them you're having a get together. You do have the right for that.

I will suggest this. Motorcyclist need representation in every form of government. While this isn't part of our federal or state government, it is a form of your local government. Try to get on the board. Make certain HOA rules don't get past that can discriminate against you or your bike.

Hey - wonder if they'd let you put a Harley in your front yard up on blocks?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: hell you can't put on block in the back yard if they can see it whip ip

fnzen
03-27-2006, 04:06 AM
HOA F*ckers , I just had to spend 10 gs fighting over a pipe that they wanted to run through my property

they and their lawyers are no more than extortionist

MikeGV
03-27-2006, 06:28 AM
I live in a subdivision with an HOA. I was on the bored, (intentional misspelling) but it got to where nothign was ever accomplished and it was consuming a lot of my time to do so. I don't resent the board and every now and again someone tries something that justifies their existence, but them telling you no staging or bikes at your place was pretty lame of them.

Funny Story.

I used to have an old hotrod Ford truck I was restoring parked in front of my house on the street. My garage isn't really large enough for two full size trucks. The truck was a 78 F150. I guess some of my neighbors didn't like way the 460 with true duals sounded in the early morning. No cats and 2.75" pipes passing throught flowmaster 40s.

The big HOA book has something in it about how your vehicle has to be in running order to be in the area. The truck was licensed and passed emmissions fine, insured etc. One time the association sent someone over to ask me if it ran. I said "...I don't know..do you have something that you think can run it?".

Another time I caught wind that this neighbor was bitching at the association meetings that they didn't like how it looked. So I went to the next meeting, after I'd cleaned the garage and moved my "old truck" into the garage next to my 91 F150. At the next association meeting they remarked on how "Lot 70 has moved the truck off of the street into the garage".

I was like "Yeah, I meant to tell y'all that I am Getting a 64 F100 and since it has a lot of sanding to be done I'm gonna put it out on the road".

I never did get a 64' and I sold the 78'. Never did hear from those neighbors again, regarding how much they didn't like the 78'. Must've been the looming prospect of an even older one sitting out there with nothing they could do about it. groucho

olfatfart
03-27-2006, 09:59 PM
I too live in a HOA. We have enough Harleys here to start our own M/C. So oddly there are no letters or complaints about bikes. So if on Sunday there are 30 bikes around my gouse not a word is said. But leave your trash can out overnight and the HOA Stormtroopers are all over you.