PDA

View Full Version : Pic of my ride

emtee
10-28-2004, 11:38 AM
I'm not really all that new here, but I FINALLY got someone to take a pic of me and my ride. This is the bike I won two years ago in November 02. With no job and no money it sat for most of the two years, until this summer. I just installed the SE air box, SE slip ons, and power commander (obviously I got a freakin job). Oh yeah, and a pile of extra crome. Shit, that may never end until I go broke again! I put close to 1500 miles on it this summer, but I expect it to get a hell of a workout next year :D .

Hellswraith
10-28-2004, 11:47 AM
Nice ride there dude !! Congrats on the job as well !!

:D

WolfSpectre
10-28-2004, 12:03 PM
Nice looking ride! Welcome to the site.

Plano-Hog
10-28-2004, 12:32 PM
Welcome and nice pic.. I like the hillcountry look out there behind your
garage.

hellswrath.. new avitar ??

T

Hellswraith
10-28-2004, 12:45 PM
hellswrath.. new avitar ??T

I thought you'd never notice !! Damn !! :lol:

wreckerman
10-28-2004, 12:53 PM
good looking ride , and i do remember you posting about winning the bike , if you dont mind answering , how did it work with the taxes and so on what did the bike cost you out of pocket when you won it ? i have often woundered how all that works out , and have acualy quit buying raffle tickets because i figured i will never win.....good luck on the new job , glad things are working out for you, ride safe

TexasFatBoy
10-28-2004, 02:16 PM
emtee - I remember your posts about winning and the wait for the new job. Glad to hear it all worked out so well for ya! Good lookin' bike and you'll have a helluva good time next season! 1beer

Ratbike
10-28-2004, 02:23 PM
emtee

Great story man! Good looking bike man.

Ratbike
10-28-2004, 02:25 PM
Oh yeah almost forgot but I love ridding in West Virginia. Thats some beautiful country.

Wide
10-28-2004, 02:32 PM
What a great deal, you sure look like a happy camper on that

:D

gliderider94
10-28-2004, 03:52 PM
Glad your working and glad your riding. A lot of guys I know would have been tempted to sell that thing for the quick cash. Glad you held out. Now ride it like you stole it.

Man, If I had the hills of West Virginia to ride in, I'd never come home.
:rolleyes:

Hellswraith
10-28-2004, 03:57 PM
Now ride it like you stole it. And bone it like ya own it !!

Yes good job !! :lol:

Ironhead80
10-28-2004, 04:52 PM
Nice ride man, welcome. That looks like a really sweet view you got behind your place.

emtee
10-29-2004, 12:05 PM
Wrecker, the taxes on any big ticket item you win work like this: First, all taxes are calculated from the FULL RETAIL VALUE of the item you win. Since MSR list on the anniversary Deuce was, if I remember right, around $19,000. So, you are taxed by the Feds for earning 19 grand in regular income. Then you are taxed by your state for the same income. Then you are taxed by your state on the sales tax on the full amount, in my state it was 5%. Finally, after title transfer fees, tags, insurance (it may not be an actual tax, but it's a fuckin racket all it's own) and inspection stickers, you may ride your prize :wacko: . That's why mine sat for two years. As long as you don't title it, you don't pay. I have around six grand all told (not counting add on chrome stuff) in this bike. Cheap for a twin cam powered machine. My advice- keep buying the tickets :D

West Virginia does rock as far as riding goes. The scenery is awsome this time of year. Across the river in Southeastern Ohio is another good place to unwind. The hills are gently rolling over there, and while the scenery is mostly farmland, the rides are excellent. So yeah, things are good.....now if I could only figure out how to delay this Winter :huh:

wreckerman
10-29-2004, 12:33 PM
emtee. thank you for your responce, i had often woundered, and it seems just about what i figured it would be..eather way congradulations on job and bike look's like things have turned around for you .

TexasFatBoy
10-29-2004, 01:46 PM
Got a couple tickets for a chance at an '05 Sportster Lowrider for the Mrs. Helps to support the Lions Club and the dealer is actually throwing in tax, title, and license! I think the winner will still have to pay the income tax on it though (but woot TX has no state income tax!)

gliderider94
10-29-2004, 02:37 PM
TFB, are you selling these tickets or are you saying that you purchased them?

TexasFatBoy
10-29-2004, 05:00 PM
Purchased them - I think it was $20 a ticket and they're limiting sales to 3000 tickets, but not sure they'll even sell that many. Drawing is Mid-December if I remember right.

If you wanna buy some, I'll be glad to get em for ya.

OldSalt
10-30-2004, 05:58 AM
Congrats on winning the bike. Damn that is a sharp looking bike!

old-n-slow
10-30-2004, 11:45 PM
Cheap at twice the cost. Great piece of luck man. I paid that much for a ten year old bike. (Canadian bucks mind you)

Enjoy ............