PDA

View Full Version : 1999 HD XL CUSTOM

harleyjack1962
04-22-2006, 06:53 PM
My mirrors on this bike vibrate to a point of being useless.I have drag bars so I need the long stem mirrors so as to clear my shoulders when I look into them.I would also like to get a repair/maintenence book for this bike.any suggestions?

IamVince
04-22-2006, 08:34 PM
First off I'd like to welcome you to HCG.I've read that putting a roll of coins(not sure what one)in the bars will help.One guy wrapped the stem with lead wire.

dastic
04-22-2006, 08:45 PM
Don't know if it would work but a rubber washer at the base where the mirror mounts into the base is the only thing I can add. I have seen rubber washers on mirrors before but never asked if it helped or not. Great thing about it is---very inexpensive if it doesn't work.

dastic
04-22-2006, 08:46 PM
Don't know if it would work but a rubber washer at the base where the mirror mounts into the base is the only thing I can add. I have seen rubber washers on mirrors before but never asked if it helped or not. Great thing about it is---very inexpensive if it doesn't work.

And welcome to HCG!!!!! Sure there are more replys to come ---some good tech folks in here and I'll bet someone has come across it before.

Kagan
04-23-2006, 01:06 AM
My mirrors on this bike vibrate to a point of being useless.I have drag bars so I need the long stem mirrors so as to clear my shoulders when I look into them.I would also like to get a repair/maintenence book for this bike.any suggestions?

Supporters pay $43.50 for a Service Manual. $58 retail. As far as the vibration, there are options, but really, you'll have to learn to live with a fuzzy reflection. I once had a cop tell me that he had followed me for 15 miles before I noticed him. I wasn't in any danger of "Evasion" charges because I didn't change my speed. Just didn't see him. ^_^

Sandman
04-23-2006, 12:46 PM
hey kagan, didnt he bother to chirp the siren? up here, statey will zoom in to within a bike length from yer 6, and give ya a little chirp. what did they get ya for anyway? :lol: