PDA

View Full Version : Foward controls

harleybiker
11-08-2004, 10:15 PM
How great is having foward controls? Thanks.

hb

momsridin
11-08-2004, 10:33 PM
I really like my forward controls. I have long legs. On a bike without forward controls I feel like my knees are under my chin. Maybe it's all in my head but that's how it feels.

Wide
11-08-2004, 11:17 PM
How great is having foward controls? Thanks.

hb

Since so many Harleys have that real low seating position, it's the only way to ride. Under pegs are great for dirt or race style bikes but have no real advantage for a Harley. :D

wreckerman
11-09-2004, 12:12 AM
yes indeed forward controlls are the way to fly , let's you strech out and also makes you look very cool when cruseing down the road :lol:

POLKFLARIDER
11-09-2004, 12:29 AM
When you say "forward controls" are you refering to stock HD controls or to aftermarket controls extended "forward" of the stock controls?

Jamorris
11-09-2004, 01:14 AM
When you say "forward controls" are you refering to stock HD controls or to aftermarket controls extended "forward" of the stock controls?

Stock HD controls can be either forward, or under. Look at the XL 1200 C and th XL 1200 R. You'll see the difference.. On my 1200 C the controls are mounted on the front of the frame. The older, more standard style are more to the middle, under the motor.

The gear shifter of the older style is connected in a more direct manner to the trannie pivot point. On my 1200 C there is a long linkage bar going back there. The older style is more simplistic.

Jerry

TexasFatBoy
11-09-2004, 04:02 PM
The main reason I pulled floorboards off the fatboy and added the 2" extended forward controls! Much more comfortable for the ride! woot

SchimDog
11-09-2004, 04:11 PM
I guess I am the odd man out...

Rode a sporty for 5 years with foward controls. Love them, could not imagine riding without them. Until I got my Fatboy with Floorboards. I think Floorboards are much more comfortable on a long ride, for a couple of reasons. 1) with floorboards, you have many different postions for you feet. You have about a 6 to 8 range that you can move your feet around on. If you want to extend you legs all the way out, you still can. 2) after riding 2 or 3 hundred miles, with your feet more under you, you can move around better and take the dead weight off you ass. Hell, you can stand up! To do this on forward controls you have to pull yourself up with the handle bars.

I will give you that forwards look better and don't drag as much...

TexasFatBoy
11-09-2004, 04:13 PM
I guess I am the odd man out...

Rode a sporty for 5 years with foward controls. Love them, could not imagine riding without them. Until I got my Fatboy with Floorboards. I think Floorboards are much more comfortable on a long ride, for a couple of reasons. 1) with floorboards, you have many different postions for you feet. You have about a 6 to 8 range that you can move your feet around on. If you want to extend you legs all the way out, you still can. 2) after riding 2 or 3 hundred miles, with your feet more under you, you can move around better and take the dead weight off you ass. Hell, you can stand up! To do this on forward controls you have to pull yourself up with the handle bars.

I will give you that forwards look better and don't drag as much...

Get yourself a saddlemen seat for that fatboy and you'll never have a problem - never have ass issues with that seat! B)

HeadDoc
11-09-2004, 07:02 PM
[/quote] TFB..... Get yourself a saddlemen seat for that fatboy and you'll never have a problem - never have ass issues with that seat! B)[/quote]

I am watin' pateintly for Saddleman to come out with seats that will fit the 04 and later models. So I can get one for my FXDWG caged

I have forward controls on my bike and I like em. It just feels right when ya swing your legs up front on take off! B)

SchimDog
11-09-2004, 07:05 PM
Oh, one more thing, floorboards ROCK in a 30 MPH curve and they are scapping the ground and the guy behind you can hear it!! :D :D

TexasFatBoy
11-09-2004, 07:36 PM
Oh, one more thing, floorboards ROCK in a 30 MPH curve and they are scapping the ground and the guy behind you can hear it!! :D :D

Yea, and they spark real well at night, too! 'Specially when being dragged at 75 by a drunk, right Hellswraith? :lol: drunks

SchimDog
11-09-2004, 09:09 PM
Never had the thing about the drunk happen, but have thrown sparks at night, that is cool too!! Thanks for reminding me.....