PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip Tips

momsridin
05-25-2006, 06:00 PM
OK so it's a gals place here right? So how about trip tips???? Day rides are great but I love overnighters. Where you can ride for 8 or 10 hours a day for several days in a row. Last year I asked for advice on what to pack up. I believe it was Shorty who recommended the bath fizzy balls. That's something I would have never considered taking on a road trip but what a great idea. They are small and make you feel oh so good after a long day in the saddle. Do any of you ladies have any little secret potions or recommendations for road trips?

wreckerman
05-25-2006, 09:51 PM
cant help myself :wub: bring a big stong man with good hands to rub that neck and showders after the long ride :lol:

Shorty
05-25-2006, 10:02 PM
cant help myself :wub: bring a big stong man with good hands to rub that neck and showders after the long ride :lol:
Only if we can roll him up and fit him into our purses or pockets. He must not complain about being sore, or whine about needing to stop and pee, and I damn sure better not hear 'baby, can I have some money.' Youre here for one reason and one reason only and thats a massage. When I say, and where I say. Get it? Got it. Good!
Now, if you can travel under these conditions, we got ourselves a rubdown boy! :lol:

wreckerman
05-25-2006, 10:07 PM
you guy's drive a hard bargin ...where do i sign up!!! :P

firestopper
05-25-2006, 10:15 PM
go out and buy one of those sissy bar bags ;) Hopefully yu have a sissy bar. they come with enough pouches and storage areas for at leasta three or four day ride :D . My wife and I have one each and they are the balls.

Shorty
05-25-2006, 10:48 PM
Oh gosh, wreck got me all shook up and I forgot about traveling tips! hehe
moms, when we go on the road I go to the camping section of walmart. There you can find alot of things that are packed up small for traveling. Theres compact toilet paper, clothing lines and sewing kits. I also always carry a small sun screen, a small compact harley mirror, and a small travel size of Nivea. And one can never have enough of those baby wipes, the ones that come individually wrapped. Hell, even KFC will always give you a few extra if you ask. ;)

Calli
05-26-2006, 12:28 AM
My daughters bought me a little roll-up magnetic pouch.. it has several compartments & you can fit everything from mini airline-type bottles, to spare change. When it is all rolled up, it sits in the end of the saddlebag, like it was planned!

I keep :Bandaids, painkillers, those moist towellette thingys, small travel pen & notepad, shampoo, handcream, couple mini bottles ( Baileys & Sambuca) nailfile, $$, toothbrush & paste, my perfume, an extra lipstick, small eyemakeup, mini kleenex pak, visine, comb & a disposable camera.

I'm not knowing if you have a Shopper's Drugmart where you are, but the one here, has a Million travel-sized Mini "things"....& they are perfect!

:P

Reign
05-26-2006, 06:34 PM
When I travel I bring a couple changes of clothes, my hair dryer and brush and plenty of money cause I ALWAYS forget something and have to go to the store ...but it's light traveling that way :) I don't camp so i dont worry about camping gear ..too much hassle for me. Gimme a clean hotel room and a hot shower and Im a happy camper lol. drunks

see_me1st
05-28-2006, 01:47 PM
i usually bring the small shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrush etc, depending on how long changes of clothes

depending on who i'm traveling with--i just might bring a cute little teddy!!!! boobs

i have a T-Bag for the sissy bar so i can bring what i need to get by--if a long trip they have laudramats

Reign
05-30-2006, 05:51 PM
I bought myself one of these ...don't know how i got along without it b4... the bag has strong magnets on either end and simply attaches to your tank. With all my stuff packed up i sure as hell dont wanna have to go rooting around for anything, now everything is right smack in front of me. I keep all essentials in there, wallet, cigs, lighter, cell phone and when i get off my bike i simply take it with me. Not expensive either mine was $36 with shipping ...got it on ebay from the amazing products online store ...if ya want one lemme know i'll send ya a link.
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e79/Reignn/smallbag.jpg

Hugger_Lady
05-30-2006, 08:43 PM
I bought myself one of these ...don't know how i got along without it b4... the bag has strong magnets on either end and simply attaches to your tank. With all my stuff packed up i sure as hell dont wanna have to go rooting around for anything, now everything is right smack in front of me. I keep all essentials in there, wallet, cigs, lighter, cell phone and when i get off my bike i simply take it with me. Not expensive either mine was $36 with shipping ...got it on ebay from the amazing products online store ...if ya want one lemme know i'll send ya a link.
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e79/Reignn/smallbag.jpg

Hey can ya send me that link? But I have one question. What about the paint? is there any chance that it might slip and scratch the paint? Thanks Reign!

Reign
05-30-2006, 09:23 PM
nope... stays in place the magnets are covered ...actually they are inside the leather tabs at either end of the bag ...i love this thing! sent cha a PM with the link ;) this is what the specs are from the site;
This bag is handmade of quality lambs skin leather. This soft leather allows for a scratch-free use on all metal fuel tanks. The strong magnetic holding power enables the bag to remain in position at all safe speeds. Leather loops on the back provide the user a means to attach the bag to a belt for safe keeping when away from the motorcycle.

This is a medium size magnetic tank bag. Place it on the motorcycle's metal fuel tank or on your fender. It Measures 13 inches long, 6 inches from top to bottom and has 3 compartments including a large zippered compartment 8 inches long capable of holding most commonly carried items, a center zippered compartment 7 inches by 5 inches with another forward zippered pocket on the front shown above. This bag has a retail value of $35.00

sporty883r
05-31-2006, 07:03 AM
http://www.bikebone.com/miva/graphics/00000002/MG950Thumb.jpg

I can put my dress shoes and my dress shirt for work in this bag and other stuff I need. Also I love it on the week ends. I was told when I bought it make sure the tank is free of dust, pollen and dirt before putting it on. I use s100 detail and wax to remove the dust before putting on the bag.

http://www.denniskirk.com/denniskirk/b2c/product_images/s/m/1/100pix/sm18400a.jpg

Reign
06-02-2006, 09:07 PM
http://www.bikebone.com/miva/graphics/00000002/MG950Thumb.jpg

I can put my dress shoes and my dress shirt for work in this bag and other stuff I need. Also I love it on the week ends. I was told when I bought it make sure the tank is free of dust, pollen and dirt before putting it on. I use s100 detail and wax to remove the dust before putting on the bag.

http://www.denniskirk.com/denniskirk/b2c/product_images/s/m/1/100pix/sm18400a.jpg

yup..thats pretty cool! but i have a bag for the back of my bike if i need to carry anything other than what i always need. thats why i like the smaller bag ...its not such a hassle to carry around when i get off my bike.

gliderider94
06-02-2006, 09:28 PM
My daughters bought me a little roll-up magnetic pouch.. it has several compartments & you can fit everything from mini airline-type bottles, to spare change. :P

Mini airline bottles..... Dude, I'm traveling with you. Yes, I deffinately need something to keep my mini airline bottles in. I can only put so many of those little bastartd in my pockets.

drunks

Reign
06-08-2006, 09:53 PM
I just came across this mesh jacket today and it's quite cheap ..with shipping its only $73 ..here's the link to the website ...once i get mine i'll let cha know what i think of it, i don't mind being the guinea pig at this price. http://www.newenough.com/ladies_tour_master_breeze_jacket_page.htm

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e79/Reignn/blue_front.jpg

Reign
06-14-2006, 02:53 PM
Got my jacket yesterday and had to take it for a spin ...i like the jacket alot it's very cool ...actually i was shocked at how cool it was the breeze just passes right thru ...the pads are comfortable too. I didn't order the liner but i think i will now, that'll make this more versatile.

Jade
06-23-2006, 01:18 PM
On our trip to VA that bag did come in handy for Reign it was perfect!
and as far as luggage just do what i did i shipped my luggage down to the hotel! LOL plus Reign gave me her luggage bag that fit right on the back of her bike it is a must have!

We had a great trip!