PDA

View Full Version : My husbands ride ~ The Final Voyage

Shorty
06-03-2006, 03:13 PM
As I said in a thread last night my honey left on the bike and wont be home till tomorrow.
His first night:
He headed out in rain. Bad, dark, stormin rain. The kind where the black clouds come all the way down the the foothills and make the horizon disappear. It stormed on him all day but he kept on going. Ended up near Boise Idaho and found a spot to camp at by a riverside. He pitched his tent, said it was too windy and raining to bother with a fire. He went in the tent and proceed to have himself a liquid Jim Beam dinner when the storm increased. He said the tent started leaking and as he was rummaging around trying to fix that the wind picked up, lifted his tent, and spilled his dinner. :lol:
Tonight I will hear all about todays ride. Who knows where he will end up, or how! hehehe

Denny
06-03-2006, 03:28 PM
Oh That Sucks! :(
Just part of a biker trip though, never a know what the weather will be once you start, although a good tent is a must and location is good if it is windy. :P :lol:
I hope he has a much better day today. :D

Ezlivn
06-03-2006, 03:53 PM
Note to self.....next time pack a sippy cup. :P :P

firestarter
06-03-2006, 10:32 PM
Why in the ladies lounge, are the only 2 answers to this post from men???? LOL You guys just think you are going to come in here and find out the real scoop as to why men don't understand women? LMAO!!!!!
We're not telling! LOL Aren't ya'll supposed to be in something more masculine like the BOOM BOOM ROOM!!!! hehehehe
Hey shorty, that sucks that he only got bad weather yesterday from the heavens, maybe today will be better! Tell him to turn to the N or S from the way the clouds are going, usually they go across the USA from West to East, so maybe this way he would get out of it if he is lucky. JM .02 worth. LOL

Shorty
06-04-2006, 04:00 PM
Well he's home. Rain soaked, wind blown, and sunburned hehe. I didnt hear from him all day Saturday so by 9pm I was a tad worried. Thank you to kat, Thunder and Cool for holding my hand last night in the chatroom.
Around 11pm I heard him rolling in and man he looked like shit! Turns out he had a great day of riding with good weather but as evening approached so did the huge storms. He tried to find a place to camp but the few places he stopped wanted too much money (my honey is a cheap bastard hehe). That coupled with the rain that going to hit motivated him to bring it on home. He rode over 700 miles yesterday, and I dont know how many on Friday.
Hard to say that it didnt turn out the way he expected when you leave on a trip like this without any expectations at all. Therein lies the freedom of the motorcycle.

Denny
06-04-2006, 04:08 PM
Note to self.....next time pack a sippy cup. :P :P

LMAO EZ :lol: :lol:
Happy to hear all is well Shorty. A trip he will remember, I'm sure. B)

CoolMaker
06-04-2006, 11:17 PM
Whew, glad to hear that he is okay and back home where you can take care of him... Sounds like he needs some TLC...... All is well that ends well.. ;)

Talisman
06-05-2006, 12:21 AM
I'll just echo what every one else is saying by saying glad to hear all is well, and hubby made it home in one piece, with no visiable tread marks.

Just do'n a little clandesent re-con, and take'n some notes their Firestarter. You never no when one day it might just prevent me from having my leather clad boats for dinner yet again.

And yes I did wipe my feet before entering, and no that wasn't me that relieved themselves in the potting plant in the entry way. Took care of that in the driveway before I came in figuring it was the polite thing to do. :D

windrebel
06-05-2006, 03:59 AM
Trips like that make great stories later on! ;)

Calli
06-05-2006, 05:46 AM
Glad he made it back ok Shorty :)

Talisman.. it is only polite if nobody saw you......

Talisman
06-05-2006, 06:28 AM
Talisman.. it is only polite if nobody saw you......

Ops, guess I'll have to work on that one. And here I was sure I was making progress.... :unsure:

Red_Molly
06-05-2006, 04:53 PM
Shorty, glad he's safe and had a good trip. Based on his experiences and the ones that Trad has had, it seems like our two men can meet, but never ride together. Who knows what would happen, but I believe it would include lightening striking them and probably a cougar attack :lol: