PDA

View Full Version : 1st bike?

Calli
06-05-2006, 05:57 AM
Just wondering how many of you ladies have ridden before, or if this is your first bike?

Julie
06-05-2006, 12:59 PM
I'm on my 3rd bike, 2nd Harley. I started on the cutest lil Honda Rebel you ever saw. Sometimes when I'm feeling sassy, I wish I still had it. It was a great bike. I sold it to a guy who had bought his OL a big Harley (a Springer, I think) and she was terrified of it. Wish I could have worked out a trade :lol:

Hugger_Lady
06-05-2006, 03:10 PM
As you can tell this will be my first bike. Been riding bitch for almost 30 years. I think its about time I got my own. LOL

rebelcowgirl
06-05-2006, 03:25 PM
On my 4th bike. Started on a Honda CM250 then to a Yamaha 650 special, then a Kawasaki 450LTD which I still have and my Harley Road King now...

Shorty
06-05-2006, 04:17 PM
On my 4th bike. Started on a Honda CM250 then to a Yamaha 650 special, then a Kawasaki 450LTD which I still have and my Harley Road King now...
yeah yeah yeah, but now tell them the real truth rebel hehe. That you were already riding that RK while still 'learning' on the 250! :lol:

This is 'my' first bike Calli. Suzuki 450GS. I rode a few small cc bikes when I was a teenager but that was stupidly 'get on it and go'. No license, no lessons.
And as most of you know, if all things fall into place Ill be getting a Ridley in the future, or possibly converting a sporty over to a automatic transmission.

RamMedic
06-06-2006, 03:05 AM
3rd for me. Started on a 1200 Custom, yep it was too much bike for me. Really quick, responsive and top heavy so what did I do? Bought a 96 Fatboy. That's when I really learned to ride. Still have the Fatboy and just bought my dream bike, an 06 RoadKing.

weenie
06-06-2006, 03:18 AM
This is my first bike, Kawasaki Ninja ZX2R, my other half just bought it for me, now I will sign up for the course and finally be riding when the hell I want to!!! Yea, that is my living room he is sitting in, I have named him JB....he is a sweet little ride!!!!

short_sport
06-06-2006, 03:37 AM
My first bike is my cute little Yamaha Virago, or as my boys call it, Yamahog. :D It's only a 250 and I'm ready for a bigger one. So as soon as i sell it, i'm looking at getting hopefully a HD 883 Low.

rebelcowgirl
06-06-2006, 06:02 AM
yeah yeah yeah, but now tell them the real truth rebel hehe. That you were already riding that RK while still 'learning' on the 250! :lol:

This is 'my' first bike Calli. Suzuki 450GS. I rode a few small cc bikes when I was a teenager but that was stupidly 'get on it and go'. No license, no lessons.
And as most of you know, if all things fall into place Ill be getting a Ridley in the future, or possibly converting a sporty over to a automatic transmission.
:rolleyes:
sshhhhhh telling all my secrets girlfriend!!! lol ;)

sporty883r
06-06-2006, 06:05 AM
883r sportster is my first. I am going to keep it for another year.

Mellisa
06-06-2006, 07:40 AM
My first real bike *the Honda Shadow* is in the garage next to my next bike *the Dyna Wide Glide* and my fun bike is at my father inlaw's house *the Honda Trail 90*
Dave's trying to talk me into buying a Deuce from a friend for $14K. I think he's having trouble handing the DWG over to me. Poor baby.

firestarter
06-06-2006, 12:54 PM
This is my first bike, but I rode my ex's Honda 900 alot. I have a Yamadawg Vstar 650. I did have dirt bikes and a 3 wheeler when I was a kid.

SportyClaws
06-06-2006, 02:38 PM
My first bike was a Honda Rebel 250. It was a great bike to learn on, but then I did so well that the Hubby bought me a Sportster.

Sandman
06-06-2006, 08:47 PM
my 1st is a 81 yamahog virago...that's currently a 'hanger queen'. needs a bit of work on it to make it roadworthy, but it'll still run as is. current mount: '05 xl1200r sportster.

free-spirit
06-06-2006, 08:55 PM
I am on my 3rd bike. 1st was Yamaha Vstar 650, 2nd bike 1200 sporster and my newest addition is a Softail Heritage.

OldBikerGuy
06-06-2006, 08:57 PM
My first real bike *the Honda Shadow* is in the garage next to my next bike *the Dyna Wide Glide* and my fun bike is at my father inlaw's house *the Honda Trail 90*
Dave's trying to talk me into buying a Deuce from a friend for $14K. I think he's having trouble handing the DWG over to me. Poor baby.

Geezus, Mellie, are you still small enough to ride a Trail 90? :P

Before I got my first bike, a Suzuki 125 MX at age of 15, I'd ride my friend's Trail 70 but I don't consider it riding a motorcycle because it didn't have a clutch. I didn't know how to shift gears when I got my Suzie, so a guy at the dealer taught me how to ride. That "guy" turned out to be the local MX hero, who was an Open class champ and was sponsored by the dealership. All us kids idolized him so learning from him was a great experience for me.

free-spirit
06-06-2006, 09:02 PM
I am on my 3rd bike. 1st was Yamaha Vstar 650, 2nd bike 1200 sporster and my newest addition is a Softail Heritage.

free-spirit
06-06-2006, 09:17 PM

LadyTxnRider
06-06-2006, 09:42 PM
I'm on my fourth bike. 1st was a 78 Honda XL125 dual purpose, then 86 Suzuki GS550L, then my Suzuki Intruder 800 (wish I still had him, fast and nimble) and now I have a Yamahawg (I like that) VStar 1100 Silverado. Still hoping for my Harley, either a Street Bob or a LowRider...someday!

cjb2375
06-07-2006, 01:16 AM
My first "legal" bike - had a not so legal Honda something or other (brain cells are dying don't ya know) back in '78 and another not so legal Honda in early '80's. Now I have a Low Rider - love it. I knew I loved to ride - just hadn't been able to do it - was overseas in places where women aren't supposed to drive much less ride. Until I total Barney (Low Rider is purple) I'm gonna keep it. :ph34r:

momsridin
06-07-2006, 04:24 AM
3rd for me. Started on a 1200 Custom, yep it was too much bike for me. Really quick, responsive and top heavy so what did I do? Bought a 96 Fatboy. That's when I really learned to ride. Still have the Fatboy and just bought my dream bike, an 06 RoadKing.

hehehehe I was on Rams screen name, this post was actually from me. Now everyone thinks the hubbys posting in the ladies room. :huh: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LadyCreekWolf
06-08-2006, 06:03 AM
My first outside of the one I rode during the MSF class was a 1200 Sportster, after that I got a 2006 Deluxe. For me the Deluxe gave me a little more confidence, but I'm still a bit of a chicken, still warming up to riding I guess.

katmandhu
06-09-2006, 03:36 AM
This is the second bike I've owned. My first was a Honda CT70 - the one without a clutch. Got it when I was about 13 & rode it from here to kingdom come. My brother rode Trials, so I rode his bikes a lot too.

But as far as road goes, I've only ridden bitch & this is a first for me. I have already laid it down & need a new left back blinker. That was before the MSF course, but that still doesn't mean I won't do it again.

My buddies rode me in the middle so I could get some gas tonight & then they headed to the Thursday bar, but I wasn't going to go that far. Hell, I was nervous pulling up to the pump! So, I went around the back roads just a bit by myself, realized I didn't have my cell on me & got nervous again, so I came home. Damn chicken shit I feel like tonight!

Baby steps, baby steps.... LOL

Calli
06-09-2006, 03:52 AM
:) Wouldn't call it chickenshit at all... just think about it! The simple fact that you took a bike out & about on your own, is huge!

Takes guts to challenge a bike....& keep on til you win!

see_me1st
06-10-2006, 03:15 AM
This is my fist bike---i decided after all the yrs of riding bitch i wanted my own--JR is an "05" 883L

had a friend in ga that told me he knew of a "99" GS500 for sale with 750 miles for 1000--so i went to look at them--not for me--sat on the boulvard 800--then went to mario andretti's(Truimph) was there for 10mins without so much as a boo--left and went to williams harley--sat on a few--sat on mine--he hugged my butt and that was it--my bike--had never rode one before

i'm loving every minute of it--friends are teaching me to wrench him myself!!!!! a good thing

askher
06-10-2006, 03:56 AM
like many women i road on the back for years, decided i wanted to ride my own, so borrowed a 250 honda dirt bike and road that for awhile, when i turn 40 i figured it was time to buy that little red sporty, 94, 1200
and i love it!
can see it won't be long and i'll be wanting something bigger :D

Revvitup
06-12-2006, 04:47 PM
It's the 5th for me ~

KZ 400 was the starter, GL 500 (honda) next, 883 sporty,
1200 Sporty and now 01 Dyna Lowryder. I have also
ridden a Fatboy, Softail Heritage, Triumph, and a Vulcan
but never owned any of em. The softails were great - it's
like drivin' a cadillac - SMOOTH! Ladies, don't be afraid
of the big bikes, they're alot easier than they look...
It's more about your confidence level than anything.
I would love to get a bigger bike but can't afford it yet,
so I enter alot of bike raffles, hey ya never know...
These days I find it hard to pack on the back - I want
to be able to crack the throttle not just hold on !!

~ Ride it Proud ~ L J

arthureld
06-13-2006, 03:43 PM
I must say you look good on that lowrider and you handle it well too. B)

Bigshovel
06-14-2006, 07:37 PM

Have you checked out the Auto Clutch for Sportsters by Granduer Cycles?
Once you get some experience riding, you really need to get the clutch/footshift thingy down girl. :D Many times it would have been nice to have the old lady take my bike home while I went for a tour of the local city facilities.....nothin' like going to the impound lot and finding your scoot outside knee deep in mud. caged