PDA

View Full Version : Home brewing

Marzendog
06-09-2006, 04:08 PM
Hi,
I have been brewing for about 15 years. Currently I have a RIMS 16 gallon brewerry setup. My specialties are Pilsners and dark beers. Need any info or recipes let me know.

katmandhu
06-10-2006, 08:41 AM
Marzen - good name! LOL Get hold of me! We need to talk!

HeadDoc
06-10-2006, 01:36 PM
welcome MArzendog...there are a few of us homebrewers on the hcg. i started brewing in the early 90's. don't have a rims system..still happy with sinlge step infusion, phils sparger, schmiddling malt mill, and pin lock kegs. B) i'm partial to the PNW styles, British, and Dortmunder style lagers! :P

Marzendog
06-27-2006, 09:25 PM
Hi,
Sorry I took so long to get back. I need to get brewing again soon.

gliderider94
06-27-2006, 09:35 PM
Hi,
I have been brewing for about 15 years. Currently I have a RIMS 16 gallon brewerry setup. My specialties are Pilsners and dark beers. Need any info or recipes let me know.

Did ya build that RIMS yourself or is it one of those slick commercial jobs. I been brewing about 15 years as well and for the last 8 I been using a three vessel 15 gallon two pump PICO style system.

Sweet water vessel + MAsh Ton + Boiling Vessel

The mash ton and the boiler both have stainless false bottoms. All vessels are retro fitted 15.5 gallon kegs with 1 inch ball valves thru the side at the bottom. Works great. Doing mostly porters and stouts. Though I have a corn and rice tripple infusion lager in the fermenter as we speak. Should be real light and drinkable. what we call a "lawnmower" beer. Good stuff to drink a gallon of when your hotter then hell.

Marzendog
06-28-2006, 01:37 PM
I designed it and built it myself. I have 3 SS kettles. 2-15gallon and one 20 gallon.It has sight glasses and temp gauges. Also I have a pump and chiller set up with it. Everything is connected so that I don't have to do anything but turn valves. It is pretty nice. I used to have kegs that I fitted to brew in except you had to lift them to get the right height. They worked OK though. I have mine on a table that I built. I will take a pic and post it. Back in the late 90s I entered a lot of competitions and won quite a few of them. Yhe best was in the AHA comp where I won 2nd in the US for Pilsner. I just missed 1st by .2 of a point. That sucked.
You sound as if you have a really good system also.