PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Yamaha V-Star 650

firestarter
06-13-2006, 02:04 AM
2004 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic Red/Black metallic. I can't ride due to carpal tunnel syndrome. Engine guard, windshield, beach bars. Hate to sell, but it hurts my wrists too much to ride it. $4500 mileage 2721, I only put 800 miles on it! Not happy about it either!

GzrGldGeo
06-13-2006, 02:13 AM
Sorry to hear that.

One question, "did you try cruise control?". When you can hit that for even 15 to 30 seconds you can stretch the wrist and move it around. I know that is a stretch ;) but it might work.

firestarter
06-13-2006, 11:48 AM
Gz, it doesn't have any type of throttle lock. RN said he didn't want to put he one on that a friend gave us, said it wasn't safe.

MLC
06-13-2006, 11:53 AM
i'm sorry fs. i know it was something you really wanted to do. i know somebody here that might be in the market but i dont know if he will want to travel that far to pick it up. i'll talk to him at work today.

staryder
06-13-2006, 11:58 AM
I use one those little plastic things called a crap buster it don't lock but you just lay your palm on it to work the throttle works for me

MLC
06-13-2006, 07:44 PM
i talked to my guy here at work and he was real excited about your bike until he found out it was in houston area. i kinda figured he wouldnt want to travel that far for a bike. sorry.

Shorty
06-13-2006, 07:49 PM
Oh my gosh fire, Im so sorry to hear this. Wont a clutch-lite type product help you at all? Or dare I say it...a bike with an auto transmission? Theres even a conversion kit for harleys so there must be something out there for your bike.
I wish you lots of luck either way. Im bummed for ya.

firestarter
06-13-2006, 11:12 PM
MLC, thanks for trying. I Stary, I have also used the throttle rocker which is kinda like the plastic thing you described but I just need to be able to totally remove my hand from the throttle and let it hand and shake it out to get the numbness out of it for a few minutes. The problem is that it comes on after only riding about 5-10 miles. Needless to say, I am no good for a long ride! Shorty, the clutch is not the problem, I can rest that hand the throttle hand is the problem! I guess I need a gas pedel on my bike, maybe if I made it into a trike and put foot controls on it I would be able to ride then, but then I wouldn't be able to lean it on the corners and the fun would be gone, so I may as well be passenger anyways then.

playful25b
06-13-2006, 11:40 PM
I just can't believe that there is nothing out there to help you with this problem. I mean you are not the only person in the world that has carp syndrome and surely not thte only one that rides a bike with it.
Must dig deeper and keep looking...don't give up yet!!

Shorty
06-13-2006, 11:53 PM
I just can't believe that there is nothing out there to help you with this problem. I mean you are not the only person in the world that has carp syndrome and surely not thte only one that rides a bike with it.
Must dig deeper and keep looking...don't give up yet!!
I agree.
I did a little looking and everything I came across said that the right pair of gloves would help, as well as changing the hand grip. These are recommendations from other riders with CTS and quite a few of the links pointed to these:
http://www.qwinerveprotector.com/MotorcycleGlove.html

oldbeard
06-14-2006, 12:02 AM
I have never tried it, but the throttle lever from friends say that it does help, something else people have told me over the years that those high dollar magnetic bracelets ease some of the numbness, never tried them but maybe you know someone who has. anyway keep the faith your time will come when you can climb back on, either way keep hangin in there and will miss you on the road we are all sure of that.

rdnekguy
06-14-2006, 03:14 AM
do you know any good fabricators? i have an idea floating around in my head but the creation into the real world is another story.

Softail1999
06-14-2006, 05:26 AM
Ive had the same problems... Brought on by a car accident and working on the computer all day with the friken mouse makin it worse......

Solution? Reduce my time on using the mouse and internet, Ibuprophene, Gloves, and Lubeing & adjusting the throttle cables... Also new hand grips helped...

You might want to take a close look at your bars and how comfy they are and whether they are contributing to it also... For me Buckhorns are best..

I know I wouldnt be able to sell my bike, for me its my life and self...

Good Luck .....

Softy.
B)

RoadNazi
06-14-2006, 01:13 PM
Thanks for all of your help and suggestions, Shorty we already have those gloves....no help....argggggg.....we've done grips, handlebars, gloves, with no effect. I even looked at putting a jet-ski thumb throttle on the bike.......So please just help us sell it

RoadNazi
06-16-2006, 12:46 AM
THANKS YA'LL BIKE SOLD TODAY

Capecrusader
06-19-2006, 07:44 AM
Firestarter. This is abit late now but over here we have a guy that invented a device that stops all the pain associated with Arthritis and so on. He was a Postal Worker with an idea. He put the idea into practise and came up with a winner. The device send small doses of electrical current into the joint area's and stops the pain.

Now I know this sounds like a "snake oil" approach but this guy received a lot of backing from some serious heavy weights because it actualy works and as far as I know its not an expensive item (its sold in the uS as well I think).

Do you want me to get you the details?