PDA

View Full Version : How much should I pay?

RCRider
11-15-2004, 02:44 PM
Hi all. I'm new to the group and after reading a few threads, I feel I may have found a new home for my future hobby.

I've been ridng a VStar for about a year now and I'm ready to step up to a Harley. I've narrowed it down to a used Road King, possibly in the 2001 - 2003. Fuel injection is definitely my preference, with mileage no more than 15k. Am I realisitic to say that I can find one like this for under $15,000? If not, how much should I expect to pay. I'd like to stick to the Classic since I prefer the leather hard bags.

Any input would be great.

Thanks!

Wide
11-15-2004, 03:36 PM
Hi RCRider

Welcome to the forums

You should be able to find something, price really depends on what the bike is, but your in the ballpark, Too bad Cerritos don't have a bike mall ;) :D

Take a look around & see what you can find, lots of decent deals out there.

:D

TexasFatBoy
11-15-2004, 04:37 PM
Keep your eyes open and shop the classifieds and http://www.cycletrader.com to see what folks are asking around your area. Patience will pay off! Friend of mine managed to get a 2001 SE Fatboy with 1800 miles on it for $15K because the guy sellin' it dodn't really know what he had! :o :P

wreckerman
11-15-2004, 10:51 PM
welcome to the forums , and yes you are in the ball park for what you are looking for and the amount you want to pay most likely a privet sale will be best

RCRider
11-17-2004, 02:20 AM
Thanks for the comments everyone. I have my eye on one I saw in an ad that just about fits my price range. I plan on looking at it this weekend and if all goes well, I'll be a proud owner of a new (new to me) Road King.
Thanks again!!! :D