PDA

View Full Version : pics of my paughco sporty

RANCHHAND
11-16-2004, 12:29 AM
Here is a few pics(low quality) of my 87 sporty in a rigid paughco frame.2 1/2 up 40 degree rake. Been done for a month or 2 but havent got any good dig pics yet. I'm just thrilled to finally be riding again.

Ranchhand

wreckerman
11-16-2004, 12:34 AM
ranchhand that is one bad ass looking sporty, you did a great job , and if it runs half as good as it look's you will be tearing up the road with it

Wide
11-16-2004, 12:54 AM
I like it ;)

great job!!!! 1beer

RANCHHAND
11-16-2004, 01:24 AM
It would have not turned out so nice if it wasn't for a friend of mine who let me come in on Sundays and work on it in his bike shop. I did what I could and if I needed help he was right there.He also did all of the welding and painting that was needed. Now all I am waiting on is the seat to be covered. We made a fiberglass seat pan that I'm getting covered. For now a gel seat cover for a bicycle seat works, but gets old real quick.

Ranchhand

Wide
11-16-2004, 01:28 AM
I dig those pipes, they fit great :D

Did you take a picture of a picture?

Ironhead80
11-16-2004, 01:33 AM
Sweet bike, when good ole Paughco gets my frame here I will be walking the same road as you. Try to get more pics, I loke what you've done so far.

RANCHHAND
11-16-2004, 01:35 AM
I dig those pipes, they fit great :D

Did you take a picture of a picture?

Thanks alot, they sound great too.

...and yes, I did take a pic of a pic. I had taken some pics a while back but could not get them to post. Went out and bought a digital cam today, but it has been raining here for a couple of days so I couldn't get any good pics with it. So I figured I'd try it and it kinda worked. I'll get some good detailed pics when it clears up around here.

Ranchhand

Edge
11-16-2004, 01:42 AM
Ranchhand,
Mitee sweet looking ride! Judging by the obvious ground clearance, you must get a bit nervous when making right-hand turns. That is a LOW rider.
Edge

RANCHHAND
11-16-2004, 01:42 AM
How much longer do you have to wait IronHead? That was the worst part about this whole deal was waiting for Paughco.One suggestion I have is to can the kickstand mount that comes with the frame and custom mount an aftermarket bolt on one. Mine came welded on. Even after bending the shit out of my stock one I am still not happy with how far it leans over.
And it hangs down under the already low frame.

Ranchhand

Ironhead80
11-16-2004, 01:47 AM
How much longer do you have to wait IronHead? That was the worst part about this whole deal was waiting for Paughco.One suggestion I have is to can the kickstand mount that comes with the frame and custom mount an aftermarket bolt on one. Mine came welded on. Even after bending the shit out of my stock one I am still not happy with how far it leans over.
And it hangs down under the already low frame.

Ranchhand

I have about 3 or 4 weeks left, then the whole mock up, then paint, then me drinking myself to death...the suspense is killing me. Thanks for the tip on the side stand, I was having a hell of a time getting my other one off the stock frame so I saif to hell with it I'll buy a new one.

Wide
11-16-2004, 02:24 AM
Went out and bought a digital cam today,

Very cool, you'll love it :D

HIGHNWIDE
11-16-2004, 03:17 AM
EFFING SWEEEET RANCHHAND!!

tradrockrat
11-16-2004, 04:37 AM
Man, that is one sweet ride. Gorgeous.

momsridin
11-16-2004, 11:09 AM
:wub: SWEET RIDE. I love it.

NY90
11-16-2004, 11:59 AM
Now that's a head turner.
Any plans to put her in a show or two?

RANCHHAND
11-16-2004, 01:02 PM

No shows for me. Put way too much work in on it to stand back and watch someone else nit-pic every square inch of it just to find a fasener that does't match, or isn't chromed.
I'm just going to enjoy and ride for now.

Ranchhand

NY90
11-16-2004, 11:13 PM
No shows for me. Put way too much work in on it to stand back and watch someone else nit-pic every square inch of it just to find a fasener that does't match, or isn't chromed.
I'm just going to enjoy and ride for now.
Ranchhand

Good deal! A bike that looks good and actually is a rider.
Take notes all you bike builders...RANCHHAND might be on to something here.

runningbiker
11-17-2004, 12:55 AM
:D great looking bike! I did the same thing with my 1200 on a Bob Ramey nasty bike frame with a 250 tire. I'm having a blast with mine. It will be great chatting with you. Welcome.

RANCHHAND
11-17-2004, 04:10 AM
:D great looking bike! I did the same thing with my 1200 on a Bob Ramey nasty bike frame with a 250 tire. I'm having a blast with mine. It will be great chatting with you. Welcome.

I saw your bike pic in your gallery. THAT IS AN AWSOME SPORTY!!

Ranchhand

Atch
11-21-2004, 10:53 PM
Nice looking bike!!! What's real cool about this site is people will volunteer info about a problem they had without anyone asking. Really helps those of us who are wanting to change some things but hesitate because we don't want to F##k it up.