PDA

View Full Version : Another Southern California Harley Guy

hdsfttailman
11-16-2004, 11:28 PM
Hey everyone! I joined this site a while ago, I get in and check things out once in a while as time allows. Just had the chance to upload a pic of my bike today - it's the best bike of them all of course (LOL) a 2003 Heritage Softail Classic. My first Harley, however I have a life long history of riding starting with mini bikes of course, then dirt bikes, then Street rice burners. I dropped out of the biking scene in about 1983/1984 when CA mandated the helmet law, it pissed me off and didn't ride until 2003 when I suddenly had this earthshaking and uncontrollable desire to rush out and buy my Harley. Been riding enthusiastically again ever since and doubt that I will ever allow riding to take a back seat in my life again. I just love my Harley (like so many of you also do) and can't imagine life without it!!!!! Hoping to meet some of you here in my area. I get down to Tom's Farms in Corona a couple of weekends a month, will be going to the Laughlin River Run of course in April and hoping to maybe get an opportunity to go to Sturgis in 2005.

See ya'll around!!!!

Wide
11-16-2004, 11:57 PM
Welcome to the forums

Got a bunch of riders here in SoCal

Never made it doen to Corona yet, guess I'll have to :D

wreckerman
11-16-2004, 11:57 PM
welcome to the forums , nice picture of the bike , and for sure hope to run into you on the road , could be a sturgis get togeather in the plans

BikerBabe
11-17-2004, 12:19 AM
Hi there...welcome! Now I can see why you rather have taken the damage to the two cars in your driveway than lay down your beautiful ride! B)

hdsfttailman
11-17-2004, 12:19 AM
Thanks guys.

Hey Wrecker, I was born and raised in Thornton, IL. Moved to CA in 1981 when I was 21 years old. Been here since. Ya know where Thornton is?

hdsfttailman
11-17-2004, 12:31 AM
Thank you BB883

Yeah, I keep lookin at the damage to our two cars, been looking for 3 days plus now and still can not get over what a complete dumb ass I am. I take meticulous care of my things and I just can't believe I did something so stupid. Oh well, live and learn. At least the sled didn't get damaged. I would have needed to be hospitalized if anything would have happened to that bike.

Anyway - nice to hear from all of you and thanks for the welcome.

runningbiker
11-17-2004, 01:49 AM
B) Welcome fellow So Cal rider. I know a few guys planning to go to Sturgis in 2005. You got a great ride there on your site. Looking forward to the chats. Ride safe.

tradrockrat
11-17-2004, 05:36 AM
Welcome to the fun house. Us Southern Ca guys never seem to post enough (right Wide? :lol: ;) ) but it's good to see another.

Nice bike too, and I agree with the others, f#ck the cars, save the Bike. :D

TomF
11-17-2004, 05:47 AM
Welcome Man! Tom's farm is close to my house. Let me know when you're in the area.

wreckerman
11-18-2004, 01:28 AM
dont know were thorton il is but i will cheak it out on the map

HIGHNWIDE
11-18-2004, 05:55 AM
WELCOME! from yet ANOTHER So. Cal. rider. Damn fine lookin' bike you got there, kinda partial to that 100th paint job myself. I'm also looking forward to Laughlin again and possibly Sturgis again, be good to put a face to a name.

I remember when they enacted the helmet law.......still pissed! Miss those "in the wind" days!