PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Rental

RCRider
11-18-2004, 01:13 AM
Anyone know where I can rent a trailer for the day? I may have found a bike and I'd rather not ride it home for 100 miles until I get used to it. I live in So. Cal.

Thanks!

Wide
11-18-2004, 01:24 AM
Try a u haul place, might even consider a small truck to just load it in the back.

I can ride it for you, I'm real good at breaking in new bikes :D

buckanddot
11-18-2004, 01:50 AM
RCrider; after 100 miles you should be used to it. Most of the time, ridin a bike is easier then loadin er, tyin er down and unloadin er....and much safer. I've loaded a lot of bikes, street and dirt, it's not as easy as it looks, especially the first time.

RCRider
11-19-2004, 05:35 AM
Thanks for the comments. I think i'm going to give it a ride for the 100 miles. The weekend should be free and clear...

Wide
11-19-2004, 05:37 AM
Good deal RC

You'll love it & should be jammin in about 5 miles after getting on it

Enjoy it :)

UltraHog
11-19-2004, 11:27 AM
RC==Ride it home like you stole it! :D But first--get use to it and take it easy. Hope you have a safe and enjoyable weekenend on your new bike!
Ken

momsridin
11-19-2004, 06:22 PM
Have fun!!! Let us know how your first ride went. You are going to be so hooked :D

Fishheads
12-06-2004, 02:59 PM
lol I felt the same way when I bought mine I made the dealership bring it to my home, then I went out a bought me a bike trailer, if you want to buy one I can tell you who sell the best one H & H. It made out of stainless steel. and you can drive on to it. Best thing I bought since the Harley. If you have have to bring it to the shop due to not running they come in handy only if you use once. oh and I paided $1,500 if you see it you think I paided $3,000

gliderider94
12-06-2004, 03:04 PM
It's now the following Monday after the weekend on which RCrider was supposed to ride his bike home. Who would like to bet mme that he has allready put WAY more then 100 miles on it?
:lol:

We haven't heard beck from him, he's probably still out riding.

Tara
12-06-2004, 04:12 PM
Speaking of trailers - me and a few friends would like to find a trailer that holds 3 bikes, tools, misc equipment for long trips. Can anyone recommend a good brand?

-T

RCRider
12-06-2004, 05:24 PM
It's now the following Monday after the weekend on which RCrider was supposed to ride his bike home. Who would like to bet mme that he has allready put WAY more then 100 miles on it?
:lol:

We haven't heard beck from him, he's probably still out riding.

Try 220 miles and still going. If it wasn't for the rain out here it would of been 500. I wish the saddlebags carried more, but oh well, I don't mind taking 3 trips from the grocery store and back. :D :D :D

RCRider
12-06-2004, 05:29 PM
Speaking of trailers - me and a few friends would like to find a trailer that holds 3 bikes, tools, misc equipment for long trips. Can anyone recommend a good brand?

-T

I'm thinking of getting one of those Kendon trailers. I like the way they fold upright when not in use. I'm limited in space. I hear they're pretty good and I see them for sale at cycletrader from time to time. They're a little pricey but very convenient.

http://www.cycletrader.com/

Tara
12-06-2004, 05:41 PM
Thanks RC, I'll check them out...

wreckerman
12-07-2004, 12:44 AM
wells fargo makes great inclosed trailers , that would suit your needs

Fishheads
12-07-2004, 02:39 PM
lol I just did Tara they make these trailers even to hold 4 bikes, go to H&H trailers and check them out they have serval pictures best trailer I have evern bought and what good about it you can stand it up and put it inside real easy to.

Fishheads
12-08-2004, 12:17 AM
Kendal trailers Suck I know people that had problems with tube steel breaking, and it to much mantience as for keeping it pretty. Just the trailer
is $1,600 and you want a rock guard that $400.00 more. Ok.... do as please but you cant beat a H&H stainless trailer.