PDA

View Full Version : College Football Brawl

Spoiler
11-21-2004, 02:34 PM
Just a day after the Pistons and Pacers rumble trouble hits the College gridiron between Clemson and S Carolina.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=243250228

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/SCMC10611202202.jpeg

A brawl breaks out late in the fourth quarter of the South Carolina-Clemson game Saturday, Nov. 20, 2004, at Memorial Stadium in Clemson, S.C. The fight delayed the game for about 10 minutes before coaches, police and security officers got things under control. Clemson won 29-7.

With all that energy these boys should be fighting in Iraq.

wreckerman
11-21-2004, 03:21 PM
although a good fight is always fun to watch or pertisapate in , this is not what these guys should be doing, they should be setting a example for the youth of today.... not that many are roll moldels anymore <_<

Hellswraith
11-24-2004, 12:20 PM
Sad times indeed . This is becoming more and more common in the sports ring . Its all about the players ahving to show each other up after every play . Same thing happened in the BBall game the other day ...

:(

whodatt
11-24-2004, 02:26 PM
I think this is a little different from the basketball fiasco. After all, not only is there a lot of testosterone flowing on a football field, but the players ARE trying to hurt each other.

I'm certainly not advocating the after play antics of some players in their overexuberant celebrations, but I understand how a young player may not be able to instantly shut off the large supply of adreneline and testosterone that is flowing, particularly in a college age player. Also, this fight did not invlove fans like the basketball episode did.

That said, I think I know the real reason fo the fight. The South Carolina undergraduate players realized that they will have to play for Spurrier next season, and simply could not come to terms with the devistating news.

Having endured two years of his inabilities with the Redskins, I can sympathize with them. :o

Poor, poor Gamecocks... :huh:

gliderider94
11-24-2004, 04:25 PM
At least now adays they can finally start to justify some of the ticket prices they've been charging by the fact that you now get to see the game and a fight all in one place. Besides, when I was coaching hockey I always tried to draft a team that even if they did lose the game, they would win the fight. I always felt I could teach the game, but you had to be born with balls.
:lol: :lol:

Wide
11-24-2004, 04:35 PM
when I was coaching hockey I always tried to draft a team that even if they did lose the game, they would win the fight.

:lol: :lol: Thats like the old saying, If you cant fix it f**k it

Happy Thanksgiving Sir, if I miss you 1beer