PDA

View Full Version : Mammogram tomorrow

smile2005
08-14-2006, 06:38 PM
Just asking if all of you would so kindly send good thoughts, prayers & energy my way tomorrow at 8 AM? It's my yearly mammogram & I know it's necessary to go yearly & it's a good thing, but I still always get nervous going. Plus, in 2004 I did have a scare where I had to go back & get checked out with another mammogram & two ultrasounds, which thank goodness, everything was ok.
Thank you... :wub:

arthureld
08-14-2006, 06:43 PM
Good thoughts comin yer way from me.
Sorry if this was only meant for ladies.

TexasRed
08-14-2006, 06:45 PM
Will certainly keep thoughts of good results coming your way Smiles.

wildthing
08-14-2006, 06:47 PM
Only good thought my dear. Had mine last week. I hate those damn annual thingy's but better safe than sorry.

OldBikerGuy
08-14-2006, 06:47 PM
Good luck, honey! I'll be thinking about you. I'm sure this is a very "pressing" issue. Sorry about that, you know I couldn't resist. :P

chesshirecat
08-14-2006, 06:53 PM
Hey Smiles...
Jeasss I hate those thngs....I mean really hate em. I get all dizzy and stuff...I keep getting this picture of cows standing in stantions....their udders all hooked up happily munching away as this nasty machine sucks em dry.

Let it be said...I get one every year too...had my own scares with the damn things...and when I get dizzy...my face goes all white..and pasty...and the gal running the thing gets all panic-ey...LOL anyway...once it is over...it's over...for another year...
Good thoughts coming your way lady...
(hope I made ya laugh...)
Chessie

harleycutie
08-14-2006, 07:18 PM
Hey g/f!! I certainly will keep you in my thoughts and say a prayer for you that everything is A-ok tomorrow with your mammogram....had mine last week and I swear I'll never get used to them pushing and pressing on the twins, lol but it's well worth it for peace of mind Smile. Here's good thoughts coming your way my friend. Huggs girl! :wub:

Shorty
08-14-2006, 07:56 PM
Youll do fine smile. Mammograms dont bother me a bit. They are over so fast and for the most part they are painless.
I had a scare awhile back too which led to more xrays, ultrasound, aspiration, biopsy, and finally surgery. If you go every year you know youre catching anything that might be there early enough in the game. The only thing you need to be afraid of is not going at all. When you go, youre securing your life. How can that not be a good thing??
Now....lets talk about pap smears!! :D

Potorra
08-14-2006, 08:54 PM
Hey smile2005.. Good luck tomorrow, I'll be sending positive thoughts your way. Have mine next Thursday and I know it's scary :o

Shorty
08-14-2006, 09:02 PM
Hey smile2005.. Good luck tomorrow, I'll be sending positive thoughts your way. Have mine next Thursday and I know it's scary :o
Ok, what are you girls scared of? Cancer? Getting your boobs squished? White doctor coats? hehe
The only thing that causes me a little fretting is when the machine begins to squeeze....Im always thinking some little pin is going to snap inside the machine and it wont know to stop squishing!! :lol:

Calli
08-14-2006, 09:03 PM
Don't miss the pap smears ladies.. the surgery is Nasty....

( & guys, I Know you are peeking..lol.. don't miss the Prostate exam... honest, some of the treatments are Evil...)

Shorty
08-14-2006, 09:05 PM
lol Calli!

OldBikerGuy
08-14-2006, 09:08 PM

( & guys, I Know you are peeking..lol.. don't miss the Prostate exam... honest, some of the treatments are Evil...)

Yeah, I "aged into" prostate exams last year. Unless you like being F'ed in the A it's not a particularly pleasant procedure but it is at least quick and over with before you know it. :wacko:

Potorra
08-14-2006, 09:12 PM
the squeshing is the worst part for me...

Shorty
08-14-2006, 09:16 PM
I dont even want to know who has real or fake tits in here, but the tech at my last boobie xray told me what she has to go through to get a good picture of fake tits. It made me wince. Poor little vain girls, how they must suffer. hehe

(And if you got fake tits dont send me any hate mail. Im sure theyre beautiful and Im sure I dont care hehe. :P)

Sandman
08-14-2006, 09:17 PM

Yeah, I "aged into" prostate exams last year. Unless you like being F'ed in the A it's not a particularly pleasant procedure but it is at least quick and over with before you know it. :wacko:

i'll 2nd that obg, but yanno, cancer in that area can attack even before u get to that age where it's a good idea to start getting them. if it gets too much of a head start, ur so totally screwed in more ways than just not being able to get it up. i just keep thinkin i might wind up with a dude that's still in the closet and enjoyin it a bit too much. :blink2:

but dam, the girls have it rougher. they have more areas that could come under attack then us guys. i lost a sis-in-law to that shit...titty cancer. it just wouldnt give up. took her down in the mid-40's. is better to just git'r done.

Shorty
08-14-2006, 09:18 PM
Wheres Red_Molly on this...she loves to talk t.its. :D

Red_Molly
08-14-2006, 09:26 PM
Good luck with all of it tomorrow, I understand the scare thing based on it happening to my Mom, she had a scare a few years back. End result---Her Gyn told her she has naturally lumpy breasts that can be mistaken for cancer, so she has to be vigilant about self-checks and gyn appointment.

This is the one time I will speak not so nicely about my Mom, when it comes to going to doctor's appointments she can be a brat and didn't go for a few years. Everytime I went, I got an earful from the doctor about my Mom and her needing to come in soon, right before Trad and I moved, she finally caved to my nagging (yes, I nag, but doctor appointments are too important not to) and went. I don't know if she still makes those regular appointments though. reminds me I better ask her next time we talk

again, good luck

Red_Molly
08-14-2006, 09:28 PM
didn't see this when I posted :lol:

I like to squeeze my own too. gotta check em yourself in between the check-ups! ;)

momsridin
08-14-2006, 09:31 PM
Good thoughts headed your way. It's one of those we just gotta do it things.

Harley-Ray
08-14-2006, 09:34 PM
didn't see this when I posted :lol:

I like to squeeze my own too. gotta check em yourself in between the check-ups! ;)

i would have Trad would have offered to help, sorry to hear you have to take care of yourself, I know Righteous and OBG would be more than happy to help out a damsel in distress.

Hardcore

Shorty
08-14-2006, 09:36 PM
i would have Trad would have offered to helpDo you mean 'you thought trad would have'? hehe All this t.itty talk getting you shook up?

Red_Molly
08-14-2006, 11:57 PM
of course Trad does, but that's more about groping then breast safety :lol:

He knows fred and barney well, but seeing as how they grew on me, I know em the best!

arthureld
08-15-2006, 12:03 AM
You gals check yer own?
Wonder if I can do a prostate self check :mellow:

TexasRed
08-15-2006, 12:09 AM
You gals check yer own?
Wonder if I can do a prostate self check :mellow: :o :lol: :lol:

smile2005
08-15-2006, 01:44 AM
Thank you all for your good wishes...much appreciated...and yes...some of you did make me smile a bit here! Thank you...As Shorty had asked...what I don't like about mammograms, even though I know they are good to have, is the fear of them saying that something is wrong (just like in 2004). I've got breast cancer survivor friends & I hope that I never have to experience what they went through. Also, it hurts like heck! I always do have nice techs & we do chat & laugh which helps.
And speaking of Pap Spears...I still have to make that appt. yet to before the end of this year. Oh joy of joys :)

arthureld
08-15-2006, 12:29 PM
Good luck smile. :)

smile2005
08-15-2006, 01:13 PM
Good luck smile. :)
Thank you, Art...

firestarter
08-15-2006, 01:30 PM
I too hate the squishing! I think the machine was definitely designed by a man! LOL They should come up with a machine that can check them for lumps and cancer without the pain involved! Why does preventive maintenance measures always hurt of involve pain? That just doesn't seem right if you ask me! hehehe
Good luck Smile!

smile2005
08-16-2006, 12:27 AM
Thanks Firestarter! And I know what you're saying <_<

Well, I had my mammogram at 8 AM this morning, had the same tech as last year & she's a sweetie, she's apologizing for the machine being ice cold, it was uncomfy as you know what being squished, she comes back afterwards & says from what she can tell that everything looks ok but...she's not the doctor, that if he finds anything wrong that I'll get a call at my work number today. Which by the way, back in 2004 when I had the scare? It was against their policy to call patients at work. So instead they left me a voicemail to come home to on a Friday evening & I had to sit & wonder all weekend & worry as to why they were calling me cuz I knew it wasn't so they could tell me I had a normal reading. Let me tell you...when I went in for my 2nd time then? I let them know that I wasn't all that happy with their policy & told them that it is ok for them to call me at work since I live there more than I do at home. So anyways...I'm out of there by 8:30. Well? I left work after 5 PM & I got no phone call so I'm thinking that yahoo!! I'm good to go!! So it looks like in a few days I'll probably be getting the little postcard in the mail saying everything was normal.
Thank you again for all your well wishes & feeling assured that I had your good wishes coming my way. :wub:

coolhawg6622
08-16-2006, 12:39 AM
So glad the cones are in good shape!!!! :wub:

Keep up with the messaging and every thing will be great for another year.. ;) :lol:

Sean
08-16-2006, 12:49 AM
glad the news was good.....and I will always offer my services if one of you ladies needs a "second opinion" groucho

smile2005
08-16-2006, 12:51 AM
Thanks you guys...and thanks for making me smile :wub:

Harley-Ray
08-16-2006, 05:08 AM
Breast cancer ride is right around the corner!!

as the pins say at the ride

"save the t.its"

Hardcore

katmandhu
08-16-2006, 08:31 AM
The only thing you need to be afraid of is not going at all. When you go, youre securing your life. How can that not be a good thing??

Ya, fine if you got insurance...

firestarter
08-16-2006, 01:05 PM
I saw a cap once for breast cancer that said "Feel your titties often"!!! LMAO I thought that was pretty appropriate! hehehe
Smile, glad things came out for the better for you! Great news.

Shorty
08-16-2006, 03:53 PM
The only thing you need to be afraid of is not going at all. When you go, youre securing your life. How can that not be a good thing??

Ya, fine if you got insurance...How much is it if ya dont? I had free medical in Calif at UCLA including surgery and they also have free clinics here in Oregon. Nothing like that in Florida?

smiles, see? Much ado about nothing. :P

smile2005
08-16-2006, 04:17 PM
smiles, see? Much ado about nothing. :P
Thanks Shorty... :) I just don't like going to doctors, period...& since I've had friends that have dealt with the female end of cancers, it always sits in the back of my mind. It was a nice reassurance though to know that I had extra thoughts & prayers coming my way, so thanks a bunch again :)

arthureld
08-16-2006, 04:24 PM
We all know it's most likely going to be nothing, but when yer waiting for the results, you can't help but let the thought "Am I going to die from cancer on get chunks cut out of me?" come into your mind.
People my age are dieing and getting sick all around me. I know that sounds negative, but we have to be aware and try to do what it takes to be healthy, or we will die much sooner.
Congrats Smile. :)

katmandhu
08-16-2006, 05:46 PM
How much is it if ya dont? I had free medical in Calif at UCLA including surgery and they also have free clinics here in Oregon. Nothing like that in Florida?

Come to think of it, I think there is such a program - will have to check into it. But then if they find something - then what? Not even gonna think about that part...

Hugger_Lady
08-16-2006, 10:07 PM
I have been advoiding this thread for a while now....

What can I say I am scared to death to have this done.....the ideal of having some machine push my tits flat just about makes me pass out.... Damn, gonna have to bite the bullet and get-r-done... One day...LOL

I am a chicken....

Potorra
08-16-2006, 10:21 PM
I have been advoiding this thread for a while now....

What can I say I am scared to death to have this done.....the ideal of having some machine push my Bill Clinton flat just about makes me pass out.... Damn, gonna have to bite the bullet and get-r-done... One day...LOL

I am a chicken....

It's important to have the exam. It hurts, but not something you can't manage. I mean, we go through labor, or kidney stones and it's NOTHING compared to that... plus it just takes a couple of minutes and you're done!

Hot4Hogs
08-19-2006, 04:45 AM
Hi Smile, I just saw this thread. I hope you get that little postcard!
I haven't been squished yet, I'm holding out for the new procedure. I am just now of the age to begin the yearly but we don't have any history of cancer in our family and I do regular self exams; and I had my Naturopath check me last year with her computer so I'm gonna hold out. I try to stay away for any kind of x-rays.

Anyway, glad you had a good result! Hugs!

smile2005
08-19-2006, 04:40 PM
Hi Smile, I just saw this thread. I hope you get that little postcard!
I haven't been squished yet, I'm holding out for the new procedure. I am just now of the age to begin the yearly but we don't have any history of cancer in our family and I do regular self exams; and I had my Naturopath check me last year with her computer so I'm gonna hold out. I try to stay away for any kind of x-rays.

Anyway, glad you had a good result! Hugs!
Hey girl! Nice to see a post from you! Yeppers...just got my official letter yesterday saying "We are pleased to inform you that the results of your screening mammogram performed on 8/15/06 are normal." :)

Hey Hugger...as much as I hate going in & get a bit nervous cuz as Art said...it's that waiting & hoping that they aren't going to tell you bad news...it's important to go. I just hate that damn "C" word...

Hot4Hogs
08-28-2006, 01:42 AM
So glad to hear you got a good report! Hugs!

Calli
08-28-2006, 03:49 AM
Also glad it was all clear.. but better to know than not. Not knowing makes treatment Much more painful!

Sean
08-28-2006, 05:00 AM
there are several of us that probably would have given you the all clear...everything is good thumbs up....but you never asked for the second opinion.

Seriously, congrats on the clean bill of health.

smile2005
08-28-2006, 04:17 PM
Thank you all :) I'm just glad it's over with for another year & that I'm ok! :)