PDA

View Full Version : Another Brautwurst recipe

Ironhead80
11-25-2004, 01:38 AM
THis is the best ever, no runs or heartburn!!!!

set oven to 400 degrees and brown the brauts in there

Get a pot big enough for all of the ones you are cooking, I am going to assume between 2 and 4 add for quantity.

In the pot:

2 beers
1/4 cup worchestire sauce
1/2 cup spicy bbq sauce
hot sauces- I use Crystal & Cholula
Couple dashes of cayene
a really heaping tablespoon of grape jelly
garlic- dried or fresh
lots of pepper seasoning
season salt
meat tenderizer
couple tablespoons of honey

Boil/simmer all this stuff in the pot with the browned brauts for a while- 1-2 hours. As long as they are brown and tender eat up. PM me if you get confused.

BikerBabe
11-25-2004, 01:47 AM
Ironhead, what the hell are you doing now, posting recipes? I mean how many time was it that I bagged you in the "for the gal's only" thread? Oh my, I am begining to wonder now...naked dudes, and now cooking? :huh: Wreckerman better watch his back!!! :lol: :lol:

Ironhead80
11-25-2004, 02:00 AM
Brautwurst is the epitemy of all man foods. This is up there with beer and strip clubs. There is nothing sissy about cooking brauts. Wrecker? Can you back me on this one?

BikerBabe
11-25-2004, 02:12 AM
Wrecker? Can you back me on this one?

see, that's exactly what I am talking about! ;) :lol: :lol:

wreckerman
11-25-2004, 02:35 AM
well from most of the gals i have met, i have found it to be self preservation for the man to be able to cook the basic's other wise we would starve and stripper would just be dessert. (servival of the fittest)

Drebbin
01-03-2005, 06:53 PM
Damn. Here I am trying to get in shape for an Ironbutt 1K and u r posting things about one of my weaknesses !!! Yeah baby, brats & hot metts. Will I be able to deny myself these until I finish the Ironbutt ?

BikerBabe
01-03-2005, 10:37 PM
Damn. Here I am trying to get in shape for an Ironbutt 1K and u r posting things about one of my weaknesses !!! Yeah baby, brats & hot metts. Will I be able to deny myself these until I finish the Ironbutt ?

:huh: I have to ask what is Ironbutt?

TexasFatBoy
01-03-2005, 10:46 PM

1000 mile ride in 24 hours. Look at the ironbutt site http://www.ironbutt.com for details.

Good luck drebbin, but consider that extra weight additional padding for the seat on the run! :lol:

BikerBabe
01-03-2005, 10:51 PM
Thanks TFB...I tried the link, but with no success...."couldn't find server".:)

TexasFatBoy
01-03-2005, 11:38 PM
Thanks TFB...I tried the link, but with no success...."couldn't find server".:)

Huh, worked for me. :blink2: But always happy to help, darlin'! B)

Drebbin
01-03-2005, 11:48 PM

Yep - the Saddle Sore which is 1000 miles in 24 hrs or LESS. The Bun Burner is 1500 in 36.

You'll see that 19 hrs is very do-able. This is just pretty cool and I'm working hard towards getting it all together for this.

Are you in ?

Spoiled
01-04-2005, 01:27 AM
Great, Ironhead is posting recipes. I'm getting a really bad complex, here guys. I need to stick to the safety section.

BTW, Iron, "no runs or heartburn" sounds like a nice requirement for a recipe!

Ironhead80
01-04-2005, 01:35 AM
BTW, Iron, "no runs or heartburn" sounds like a nice requirement for a recipe!

I've tried this a thousand different ways and taking the Dale's seasoning out and adding the jelly really helps. I get heartburn from water so that's important to me. Hopefully "no runs" is important to everyone!

BikerBabe
01-04-2005, 02:12 AM

Yep - the Saddle Sore which is 1000 miles in 24 hrs or LESS. The Bun Burner is 1500 in 36.

You'll see that 19 hrs is very do-able. This is just pretty cool and I'm working hard towards getting it all together for this.

Are you in ?

I thought it was a new cardio and weight training regiment! :lol: :lol:
24 hours or more away from the husband and kids? on my scoot to boot...what do ya gotta do to prepare? :P :lol: :lol:

Drebbin
01-04-2005, 11:26 AM

Are you in ?

I thought it was a new cardio and weight training regiment! :lol: :lol:
24 hours or more away from the husband and kids? on my scoot to boot...what do ya gotta do to prepare? :P :lol: :lol:

Pretty easy to prep actually:

- Review the Ironbutt Site for their words of wisdom

- Read some of the recent qualifying stories

- Design a route

- Do it with no more than 6 otoal (keeps things moving)

- Gear ck, bike ck, health ck.....AND DO IT !

I'm planning for early June - doing a circular route - let me know , DREBBIN