PDA

View Full Version : Lighthouse ride

rebelcowgirl
08-28-2006, 11:06 PM
Alright Northeast group....we have tentative plans for a lighthouse ride on Sunday Sept. 17th. Right now I am looking to see how many are interested and where the majority are from so we can decide weather to go south to north or north to south. Northernmost point being Owl's Head in Rockland, Me. and Southernmost, Fort Constitution Portsmouth N.H.

Any takers???

bnaudie
08-29-2006, 03:30 AM
RC, sounds like a great time! I've put it on my calendar.

Portsmouth to Rockland sounds like a pretty ambitious day, assuming you actually want to stop for a few minutes at any of the individual parks or lighthouses along the way. According to my ride planner, driving non-stop just from Portsmouth to Portland is 3 hours. That's taking seacoast roads like Route 1, and 9, and 77. And that's driving by Nubble Light, Dock Square, Biddeford Pool, Old Orchard Beach, Two Lights, and Portland Headlight.

Not sure what you had in mind. I was just running this through Delorme Street Atlas and my GPS....

BikerBabe
08-29-2006, 02:34 PM
Hey rebel, I just sent you a pm before I read this thread, so I'll be repeating myself here (at least I'm conscious about it this time). :lol:

I'm in girlfriend!
I was thinking of coming north on Sat, the 16th and spending the night and meeting you on the 17th. Thought maybe that we could head south from there.
Heyyyyyyyyyyy, maybe we all could meet on the 16th and make a night of it, then ride down together.
Whatchya think about that?? :huh:

rebelcowgirl
08-29-2006, 11:49 PM
Bruce, I was actually considering riding up to Rockland first and working our way down. If B.B. and EG are the only ones south of us coming then they can meet us locally or if they come up the night before even better! :D
B.B. were you thinking of staying somewhere up near Rockland or near me??? I can guarantee hubby won't join the festivities <_< but we'll figure something out. :lol:

rebelcowgirl
09-11-2006, 10:05 PM
Bumping this back up...
Looks like this coming weekend (16th - 17th) is out. Next weekend is B.B. 's son's b-day SO...how's the 1st Sunday in October looking????

bnaudie
09-12-2006, 12:41 AM
October 1st? It's open for me at the moment and I would really like to go. I am penciling it in now. I think that's also the date of the Laconia/Meredith Fall Run, if anybody cares about that. I don't know if that would interfere.

L_T_S
09-12-2006, 01:07 AM
By the time you make up your minds it will be snowing :-)

rebelcowgirl
09-12-2006, 01:16 AM
:P <_<
go ahead and rub it in !! At least if it gets cold we can add layers....you can only take off so much and get away with it in Nevada...then again, it is Vegas isn't it??? :huh: :D :D

Bruce...PEN it in with a sharpie!!! B)

L_T_S
09-12-2006, 01:40 AM
:P <_<
go ahead and rub it in !! At least if it gets cold we can add layers....you can only take off so much and get away with it in Nevada...then again, it is Vegas isn't it??? :huh: :D :D

Bruce...PEN it in with a sharpie!!! B)

It was a little cool here at 2am when I went to work. I all most had to wear a long sleeve shirt but then it warmed up to a 100

Have not seen any naked people riding around yet! But it is Vegas

BikerBabe
09-12-2006, 04:27 AM
October 1st? It's open for me at the moment and I would really like to go. I am penciling it in now. I think that's also the date of the Laconia/Meredith Fall Run, if anybody cares about that. I don't know if that would interfere.
I don't care where we ride actually. I would just like to get together with you guys and do some nice fall riding. Oct. 1st works for me and EG. I'm inking it in with a Sharpie rebel. ;)

rebelcowgirl
09-12-2006, 11:48 PM
B.B. do you think you and EG will be coming up the night before like you were going to?? If this weather keeps up the leaves will be really pretty...we'll have a 2-4-1 ride!!!

bnaudie
09-13-2006, 01:27 AM
This is very premature, but something to keep in mind. Friends of my late son are organizing a benefit ride for a scholarship that is being set up in my son's name.

If you want to pencil in Sept. 30, I will provide details later. I think it's going to start at Howard's Sports in Saco. They're doing t-shirts and then entertainment at the sports arena after the ride.

Details to follow....

rebelcowgirl
09-13-2006, 02:04 AM
OOHHHHHHH definitely interested!! Keep us posted!!

BikerBabe
09-13-2006, 03:10 AM
This is very premature, but something to keep in mind. Friends of my late son are organizing a benefit ride for a scholarship that is being set up in my son's name.

If you want to pencil in Sept. 30, I will provide details later. I think it's going to start at Howard's Sports in Saco. They're doing t-shirts and then entertainment at the sports arena after the ride.

Details to follow....
MOST DEFINITELY!!!!!!

EGRIDER
09-13-2006, 03:32 AM
Count me in!!