PDA

View Full Version : We lost another one gang

rebelcowgirl
09-04-2006, 04:12 PM
God I hate to post this...
Bnaudi's son. THis happened literally around the corner from my house. I don't have his tel.# but will try to get hold of his brother as soon as I can to see what we can do for the family. Will keep you all posted.

Motorcycle crash kills Saco man, 21

By KAROUN DEMIRJIAN, Staff Writer

Copyright © 2006 Blethen Maine Newspapers Inc.
E-mail this story to a friend

Also on this page:
Reader Comments

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ADVERTISEMENT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Saco man is dead after being hit by a car while riding his motorcycle in front of the China House Restaurant at 515 Main St. in Saco Friday night.

Saco police Sgt. Ray Demers said 21-year-old Normand Audie was thrown from his motorcycle when a car driven by Kevin Atkins, 32, of Saco, struck it from behind at 8:22 p.m. Audie was not wearing a helmet.

Toni Brill, a waitress at the restaurant who saw the accident, said three drivers, including Atkins, pulled over to check on Audie, and their faces where "white as ghosts."

Atkins, who was driving alone and was uninjured, was arrested at the scene and charged with operating under the influence of alcohol, and is being held in the York County Jail in lieu of $10,000 cash bail. He is scheduled for arraignment at 1 p.m. Tuesday in Springvale District Court.

Audie was taken to Southern Maine Medical Center in Biddeford, where he was pronounced dead as a result of head trauma. His parents, Bruce and Karen Audie, said friends and relatives quickly gathered at the hospital.

"Ironically, they were doing a drug-and-alcohol awareness event in Biddeford that night, and he had been helping set things up earlier in the afternoon," Bruce Audie said.

The Audies gave Normand the red 2006 Honda motorcycle as a birthday and early graduation present in April. Normand graduated from Eastern Maine Community College in Bangor in May, with a degree in contract construction and had been working with a private contractor in the Saco area.

"He wanted so badly to start his own business," said Bruce Audie, who went back to school to get a degree in business administration to start a house-building company with his son. "He had such big dreams. I wish I had his ambition."

"Every day, he'd tell us he loved us," said Karen Audie, who said her son moved back home after college. "A 21-year-old kid - and still, he could tell me everything, college stuff, girl stuff, everything."

Normand Audie was well liked around town, Bruce Audie said. "He loved to just hook up with his buddies and go for a ride down the beach," he said. Normand never wore a helmet, he added, because he thought it wasn't "cool."

"We told him all the time," Bruce Audie said. "But I don't think it would have made a difference this time - we saw him, and it was much more than a helmet."

Obit. and funeral info:

Normand J. Audie, 21
SACO -- Normand J. Audie, 21, of Saco, died Friday evening, Sept. 1, 2006, at Southern Maine Medical Center after sustaining injuries in a motorcycle accident on Main Street in Saco. He was born in Portland on April 8, 1985, a son of Bruce and Karen Gagnon Audie. He was educated in Saco schools and graduated from Thornton Academy in the class of 2004. In May of 2006, he graduated from Eastern Maine Community College in Bangor with a degree in Construction Technology.
Normand was a member of La Kermesse Board of Directors and Honda Bike Owners Club. He enjoyed biking, four wheeling, ice fishing and detailing cars.
He had been working for Tim Robinson Construction and working part-time on weekends at All Day Breakfast as a cook.
Surviving are his parents of Saco; one sister, Katie Audie of Saco; maternal grandparents Roland and Priscille Gagnon of Biddeford; paternal grandparents Normand and Jessie Audie of Saco; and several aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins and friends.
Visiting hours will be 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 p.m. on Thursday at Hope Memorial Chapel. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 9 a.m. on Friday at St. Andre's Church in Biddeford. Arrangements are by Hope Memorial Chapel, 480 Elm Street, Biddeford, Maine 04005.
Donations in Normand's memory may be made to:
The American Lung Association of Maine
122 State St.
Augusta, Maine 04330
Normand J. Audie

spikester
09-04-2006, 04:29 PM
Our most heartfelt sorrows cannot help this great sounding kids family, and for that we are so hurt.

Now for the other subject, anyone know how? to send a note to the prosecuter to see show we want justice done, it seems in order.

later Spikester, [======>

Wide
09-04-2006, 04:38 PM
Locking this post

see the one in pig roast