PDA

View Full Version : Ladies, please read.

RANCHHAND
09-22-2006, 03:30 AM
I know y'all already have a topic about this, but i wanted all of y'all to see this. We layed to rest a good friend of my wife and myself today from breast cancer. The main reason I wanted to share this with some of you is you may say..I'm too young to worry about that, or I'll get checked next year.. and so on. She died at 26 years old leaving behind a husband and 4 and 7 year old girls. Its a very sad thing and I hope you never have to go through it. Please, don't put it off. For y'all that are already doin' it, keep up the good work!!

Shorty
09-22-2006, 03:34 AM
Very sorry to hear about your wifes friend Ranch. Its a hard thing to deal with especially at such a young age. I had a horrible cancer scare that took me from mammogram to the operation table and lucky for me I was alright. But I get my boobies squished yearly just to make sure.
Thanks for the post.

Calli
09-22-2006, 03:36 AM
Thank you Ranch.. condolences for your friend & her family.....
Good advice there..

Denny
09-22-2006, 04:04 AM
Sorry to hear about your friend Ranch.
My condolences to yours and her family.
My wife and I had a scary time when she was about 40 years old from mammogram to the operation table, she was also lucky it turned out to be nothing just a lumb not cancer.
Good advice you just never know.

harleycutie
09-22-2006, 04:09 AM
My deepest sympathy to you and your wife on the loss of this friend at such an early age. My best to you and her family.

Early detection is vital and yes yearly exams are the key...thanks for the reminder to all of us women. ;)

BikerBabe
09-22-2006, 05:01 AM
Wow, so young! How sad! Sorry Ranchand. :(

SportyClaws
09-22-2006, 02:55 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

Time for the annual boobs squash for me. Started last year at the age of 40. It's not on my side of the family, but you've got to take care of fwhat you got.

RANCHHAND
09-22-2006, 05:44 PM
The good thing was that she was able to write birthday cards for her girls up until their 18th birthdays, and make some videos for them. She didn't want them to forget their mom, knowing they would have a hard time remembering, especially the 4 year old. Earlier last week before she went into the hospital she even baked their birthday cakes for this week.
The 4 year old is still asking when they can go pick up mommy. Very, very sad. Thanks for the prayers, we'll send them their way.

MedievalWoman
09-22-2006, 06:33 PM
Reading your last post brought tears to my eyes. That's my greatest fear. I want to be around to watch them grow up. My thoughts are prayers go out to her family. She was too young to leave them. :(

Calli
09-23-2006, 03:27 AM
Ok... near & dear to me, but distasteful to most..

Ladies, Please get regular Pap tests, & if it comes back abnormal, get another one done.. Insist on it...

Gents, Please get your Prostate exams!!!

What you can't see, WILL hurt you!

BikerBabe
09-23-2006, 03:59 AM
The good thing was that she was able to write birthday cards for her girls up until their 18th birthdays, and make some videos for them. She didn't want them to forget their mom, knowing they would have a hard time remembering, especially the 4 year old. Earlier last week before she went into the hospital she even baked their birthday cakes for this week.
The 4 year old is still asking when they can go pick up mommy. Very, very sad. Thanks for the prayers, we'll send them their way.
Omg, this is just heart wrenching. Those poor kids!!! I can't even begin to imagine what that family is going through and how those kids are feeling. They must be confused, not sure how to feel, maybe even angry. The little one is too young to fully grasp what's going on. My heart goes out to them. Sending loving thoughts and healing energy. Those kids have a long road ahead.

How special for mom to bake those cakes and write cards for them to read later....her spirit will for sure, stay alive.

tteresaphillips
09-28-2006, 06:40 PM
im going to have a boob squash next week and im scared to death

Shorty
09-28-2006, 06:50 PM
im going to have a boob squash next week and im scared to deathWelcome to HCG teresa, and theres nothing to be scared of. Nothing at all. It doesnt hurts, its just uncomfortable. (Well...hopefully you dont have implants.) And if youre scared of the test results, dont be....be scared of not taking the test at all and then finding out its too late to do anything about it.
Youl be fine...youll do fine.
Once you get this over with your fear of the unknown will subside.

cigardave
09-28-2006, 07:12 PM
Was just told by a friend last w/e that his (longstanding) g/f was recently diagnosed with breast cancer as well... and has already had the surgery to remove the lump... but the docs found that it had already progressed into the lymph node system and they did some removal there as well. :( Cancer knows no bounds.. it is such a shame.

Shorty
09-28-2006, 07:15 PM
Very sorry to hear it dave. Thats why early detection is so crucial. My sister in Alaska had breast cancer and had a full mastectomy. She wasnt vain at all and living to see her boys grow was more important than having tits. After a year of chemo she was better, for a few months. But the same as your friend, it had gone into the lymph nodes and she was gone in less than 30 days. I mourn for her everyday.

cigardave
09-28-2006, 07:17 PM
But the same as your friend, it had gone into the lymph nodes and she was gone in less than 30 days. I mourn for her everyday.
That hurts, Shorty... god bless girl!!

Sandman
09-28-2006, 10:54 PM
how old was she shortness....30 days is too dam quick to go. :(

Shorty
09-29-2006, 12:07 AM
Thanks dave.
Sandman, she was 52, with 2 boys ready to graduate high school. She also was in the process of building a horse camp for kids, and she freelanced articles for Field and Stream. She was an amazing woman.

troublingbratt
09-30-2006, 12:46 PM
my condolences to those who have lost loved ones due to cancer...you are not alone in this cancer runs rampent on both sides of my family...just lost a cousin to it this week (liver) and i have "questionable cells" in my thyroid and have had precancerous cells on my cervex after i had my lil one) ..so yes i know all the pain and emotional distress that this desease causes ... my heart goes out to all that know this pain ... for i know it as well and carry it with me daily ....

much love to all