PDA

View Full Version : Lucky 7 Chopper Grand Re-Opening (Sun, Oct 22)

Stelis
09-30-2006, 07:00 AM
Posting this info off of our club's forum...

Lucky 7 Choppers has gone from a 3 person partnership to a sole proprietorship. Brandon Walend is one of the original 3 and has bought out his partners and is have a Grand Re-Opening as Lucky 7 Motorsports.

Grand Opening will be on October 22nd from 10am to whenever. There will be a Bike show w/ no entry fee. Also a $5 per ticket Raffle for a rolling chassis with all the proceeds going to help a local family in need.
Lucky 7 Choppers is on 8810 Archibald Ave, Rancho Cucamonga, CA.

Shorty
09-30-2006, 07:02 PM
Sounds good Stelis. I like the 'no fee' bike show hehe. If you go have fun and take pics. :D

Ledhed
10-02-2006, 02:04 PM
Are you planning to attend this? We might be interested in going!

Stelis
10-02-2006, 08:18 PM
Are you planning to attend this? We might be interested in going!
Our club has a thread started on our forum about this. The suggestion was to put together a ride that would end up at Lucky 7. I put out a proposed route.

Stelis
10-21-2006, 08:14 AM
Just bringing this back up as a reminder.

Staging will be at Tom's Farms (Corona, CA), with kickstands up at 9:30am. We'll slab it out to Angeles Crest Hwy, take a turn at Upper Big Tujunga Cyn Road, on to Angeles Forest Rd, to Mt Emma Rd, to San Vicente Rd, to Big Pines Hwy, and stop at Wrightwood for a break. Then on to Lucky 7 for the show.

Even if the party is a dud, the ride will be good.

Anyone wants to go, please post here, or send a PM.

Stelis
10-23-2006, 07:22 AM
Here are some photos of the ride today. These photos are of us at Wrightwood, after lunch. Sorry I didn't get any photos at the Lucky 7 Choppers event, I forgot about it.

The event was cool. Cold beer, live band, food, lots of choppers, and some tricked out sand buggies. A low rider car club showed up and displayed their stuff.

A crotch-rocket club of about 20 bikes showed up, all wearing white-gray-black camflauge pants, and wearing a "B" on the back of their jackets. Never saw these guys before. They got beer, and then put on a show by doing wheelies, burnouts and other stunts, up and down Archibald St, and with traffic driving up and down as well. One guy rode his bike while standing on the seat, in the middle of traffic.

They did this for about 15 minutes, and by then they had traffic backed up on Archibald, and starting to honk their horns. The club then gathered together and took off. About 5 minutes later, the cops showed up.

It was around this time, we decided to take off also.

The ride up Angeles Crest Hwy, Angeles Forest Hwy, Upper Big Tujunga Cyn Road, Mt Emma Rd, Big Pines Hwy, was great. Cool temps up in the mountains, because it was hot today in the valley. Tons of bikes on Angeles Crest today.

http://static.flickr.com/92/276906108_ab4355cd2d.jpg
Me

http://static.flickr.com/89/276905679_bea004b88a.jpg
Mike and Bob

http://static.flickr.com/90/276905178_dc7501f555.jpg
Dave

http://static.flickr.com/107/276959770_5879a6164a.jpg
The Route

Brobrian
10-24-2006, 12:40 AM
Man, I can't believe I missed this one. I checked your club page on Friday and didn't see it on the calender. I rode with my wife to Big Bear instead.
I'm thinking of taking Wednesday off just to ride the route. Any heads up?
I'll catch up with you all one of these day!

Stelis
10-24-2006, 01:46 AM
Man, I can't believe I missed this one. I checked your club page on Friday and didn't see it on the calender. I rode with my wife to Big Bear instead.
I'm thinking of taking Wednesday off just to ride the route. Any heads up?
I'll catch up with you all one of these day!
Check our club forum instead. It tends to be updated more frequently than the calendar. :D

Wide
10-24-2006, 03:11 AM
I'm gonna have to come ride with you guys one day

Did Y'aa see Arnold at Cooks on Sat, he was buying rounds for all I herd drunks

Stelis
10-24-2006, 03:58 AM
Did Y'aa see Arnold at Cooks on Sat, he was buying rounds for all I herd drunks
We went to Cook's that day. Got there at 11:00am, and it was already packed with RUBs and once-a-year riders. Fox News was there too. We sat for 90 minutes, and then learned Arnold wasn't going to show up for another 90 minutes. So we decided to leave. Spent the rest of the day riding out to various bike dealers in SD County to check out the latest hardware.

Mcewen
10-24-2006, 06:03 AM
Hell....rode by Lucky 7 yesterday was out and about and stuff, remember seeing some off road looking stuff in the parking lot, wish I took a closer look now. Ended up goin up to Mt. Baldy for a beer.