PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to our Ironbutt riders

mizdoe
10-15-2006, 05:03 PM
Yesterday a few of our guys took off on an Ironbutt 1000 mile ride :o

Our new official Ironbutts are Ledhed, Stelis, Mightywarlock & Gman...

You guys Rock!!!!! when they wake up I'm sure we will hear about the ride

Wide
10-15-2006, 05:22 PM
Sounds like a fun ride

A little past my time to do those things anymore but you never know if I get my waterhead :D

mightywarlock
10-15-2006, 08:55 PM
i had a hard time surpassing 5-600 miles on my wide glide a day.
360 and i was done on that bike.
now with this new Ultra, i rode 1234 miles yesterday, and when i got home, although tired, felt i could have just kept on riding all night. need to fix some ergonomics, such as either handlebar or position (my right wrist hurt while riding), and maybe add a backrest. It handles very differently, but i can sure ride it much longer than i ever thought i could!

MSG6567
10-15-2006, 09:11 PM
Congrats on the ride. You are certainly right on the comfort of that bike.
My heritage would really leave me sore after a long ride by my EG Classic makes me wonder why I waited so long for one.

Ledhed
10-16-2006, 01:11 AM
Thanx all and thanx to Mighty Warlock, Stelis and Gman for going on this ride! It was an awesome ride for sure. Though I wish there had been more time to enjoy some scenery! Very few cops and no mishaps. I noticed that drivers in Arizona are a very different sort. They're actually curteous, which made for a very nice ride. Very little stop and go traffic. I think we had a perfect number of bikes. With just four of us, it wasn't hard to keep everyone together and allowed us to keep a good pace.
And as for comfort! Well I like my Springer just fine! My butt isn't even sore! Just my arms and shoulders, and a little in my hips and lower back. But I started with that!And I'm still tired from lack of sleep. I could've used a few more hours!

The next one is a 1500 mile run in 36 hours! I'll plan that one for the in late spring or early summer! Since it was the cold that seemed to be the greatest obstacle to overcome. The time it took to adjust our gear, really effected our completion time. So it's probably best to plan it when the weather isn't such a factor.

Mungo
10-16-2006, 02:13 AM
Congrats guys. Hell, even on my Ultra, I was sore for a few days. Mainly shoulders.

My brother did it on his Sportster Roadster. He's planning on the 1500 next year. The rest of us on our touring bikes will go, but he's the one driving it. Oh, and he's 52. I think he should get a IB "Gold" for doing on that bike.

bfdahl
10-16-2006, 03:22 AM
where to I sign up for the "Tender Tush" riders that barly make it 60 miles on our so on Dynas and Sportys?

mightywarlock
10-16-2006, 03:54 AM
where to I sign up for the "Tender Tush" riders that barly make it 60 miles on our so on Dynas and Sportys?

that sounds like i did when i had a stock seat on my dyna.

get rid of your stock seat and you will suprised how far you can ride on a dyna.

Shorty
10-16-2006, 05:30 AM
Im surprised yall didnt mention you were going to do this. Congrats you guys!

Stelis
10-16-2006, 06:41 AM
The next one is a 1500 mile run in 36 hours! I'll plan that one for the in late spring or early summer! Since it was the cold that seemed to be the greatest obstacle to overcome. The time it took to adjust our gear, really effected our completion time. So it's probably best to plan it when the weather isn't such a factor.
Actually enjoyed the riding quite a bit. Being this was our first IB ride, now we know where to make adjustments.

Here is a map of the route...

Shorty
10-16-2006, 06:44 AM
Right on. Thanks for posting the route Stelis. So the whole ride was uneventful eh? No breakdowns or near misses?
Im glad you guys did it together. Thats very cool! :D
Oh, any pics?

Stelis
10-16-2006, 08:58 AM
So the whole ride was uneventful eh? No breakdowns or near misses? Oh, any pics?
No breakdowns, no near-misses. Pretty uneventful. The only issue was that whenever I put on my rain gear, it didn't rain. And when I took it off, it would start to rain. As for pics, no luck. The battery in my camera was dead.

Shorty
10-16-2006, 04:19 PM
The only issue was that whenever I put on my rain gear, it didn't rain. And when I took it off, it would start to rain.hehehe Aint that always the way.

MedievalWoman
10-16-2006, 05:02 PM
Looks like you had a nice ride. I used to live in Phoenix. The riding was great. No stop lights, just 4 way stop signs and 50 mile an hour speed limits outside the city.

Congrats. :D

Valley_Girl
10-16-2006, 05:38 PM
Great job - you guys are awesome B)

Robustus
10-16-2006, 11:58 PM
Congrats Guys!!
Stelis I'm currious what you would have done differently?

And a special "Good Job" to Led, that's not exactly a new bike he's riden...

Stelis
10-17-2006, 12:21 AM
Spend less time at gas stops, and do fast-food instead of sit-down restaurant.

Mungo
10-17-2006, 12:50 AM
Isn't that something though? An IronButt run, as rediculous as it may sound, teaches you so much about long distance riding.

I can't say I'll ever do it again, but the experience it gave me was priceless.

Ledhed
10-18-2006, 02:11 PM
Spend less time at gas stops, and do fast-food instead of sit-down restaurant.

I think that packing a lunch would be a good idea! A couple extra minutes at a gas stop is better than an extra 45 in a restaurant.

gman
06-29-2008, 01:21 PM
That was a good ride we need to do a longer one