PDA

View Full Version : Create Holiday Potpourri

smile2005
11-19-2006, 01:30 PM
This was in my 365 Health & Happiness Boosters book for today's date. Thought why not post it here rather than under the inspirational thread with the holidays coming up.

CREATE HOLIDAY POTPOURRI

Here's a great mixture you can make for Thanksgiving or the end of the year holidays, to give as gifts to teachers, to bring to open houses or other holiday get-togethers. The smell is guaranteed to lift your heart.

Combine 1 cup whole allspice, 1 cup star anise, 1 cup sliced fresh ginger, 2 cups sliced orange peel, 2 cups dried rose petals, and 2 cups lemon verbena leaves in a clean, dry glass jar with a lid. Add 30 drops allspice essential oil, 5 drops at a time, combining well after each addition. Store in a covered jar or, if you want to give as gifts, package in plastic bags or small jars.

To use, pour 2/3 cup into 2-3 cups water and simmer gently on the stove to release aroma. You can reheat this until odor is gone.

Wide
11-19-2006, 05:57 PM
And I thought this was ogin to be another pull my finger joke :lol:

smile2005
11-19-2006, 07:13 PM
And I thought this was ogin to be another pull my finger joke :lol:
Sorry to disappoint you, Wide :lol:

Shorty
11-20-2006, 06:22 AM
A really quick way to make your house smell yummy is to put some cinnamon in a small pan and then into the oven on a low temp. The aroma will make you hungry! hehe
Or simmer orange peels. Oooo, or do both at the same time! :D

smile2005
11-20-2006, 12:25 PM
That does sound yummy, Shorty! What I do is I take a handful of apple slices & 3 cinnamon sticks & put them in a small pan & fill with water & simmer on top of the stove. Same thing...the house smells yummy! ;)

thorsblood
11-26-2006, 10:04 PM
I take a shot of gasoline and mix it with a dash or two of 40:1 chainsaw oil, throw in a handful of fresh grass clipping and shake vigorously in a sealed jar. Set in a safe corner and crack the lid. Smells like freshly mowed lawn. :huh: :rolleyes: :lol:

harleycutie
11-26-2006, 10:42 PM
I take a shot of gasoline and mix it with a dash or two of 40:1 chainsaw oil, throw in a handful of fresh grass clipping and shake vigorously in a sealed jar. Set in a safe corner and crack the lid. Smells like freshly mowed lawn. :huh: :rolleyes: :lol:

Well now that is a new one on me :lol: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I love the smell of a freshly cut yard in spring or summer but heck if you can reproduce that smell in a jar, now you would have something huh??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :unsure: :unsure: :lol:

smile2005
11-27-2006, 01:38 AM
I have to agree with you, Cutie! I love that smell!
Hey, Thors...I love that pic of Santa & his reindeer!

buckanddot
11-27-2006, 01:55 AM

that's a good one. In the fall. I especially like Hoppe's #9 and burnt gunpowder.....

coolhawg6622
11-27-2006, 02:37 AM

that's a good one. In the fall. I especially like Hoppe's #9 and burnt gunpowder.....

That is the perfect aroma!!!!!!!!! ;)