PDA

View Full Version : International Motorcycle Show

mightywarlock
12-01-2006, 01:22 PM
http://motorcycleshows.com/motorcycleshows/static/staticHtml.jsp?id=358892

anyone going to the big motorcycle expo in long beach next weekend?

i am thinking of riding down there on the Saturday...

Wide
12-01-2006, 04:11 PM
Yeah I will have to stop by & check out the Guzzis & BMWs

This weekend they have the Eukanuba Dog Show :D

tradrockrat
12-01-2006, 04:39 PM
been there - pretty cool and I love the Guzzi's too. :D

mightywarlock
12-01-2006, 05:41 PM
I had missed it the last few years...
seemed i had to work every single time that was coming around or had something else going on...

bout time i make it there to check it out...

Racedez
12-09-2006, 02:34 AM
Only two of us going?
I'll be there Sat.

mightywarlock
12-09-2006, 03:15 AM
yeah i plan on going in the morning as well.

resection3d
12-09-2006, 04:38 AM
From the Seattle show last weekend. Be sure to see the $250,000 gold bike.

Stelis
12-09-2006, 07:21 AM
yeah i plan on going in the morning as well.
I'll be there Saturday (today) also, leaving here around 9:00am.

mightywarlock
12-10-2006, 04:17 PM
event report anyone?

here's mine and some bike reviews as well.

having never been to this show, i thought it was going to be something like a regular bike show with a lot of sport bikes and imports.

well it was.

but i didnt even get inside until late in the afternoon.
when you pulled into the parking lot there were trucks and bikes from every bike manufacturer offerring demo rides!
i cant pass up a demo ride for something new, so i quickly got in line and signed up for a bunch of bikes. the ones i actually ended up riding tho, were less than i signed up for...just took too much time and i ended up not wanting to walk back outside later on once i was inside again.
I took 3 Harley's out, a Dyno Low Rider (which i had always wanted to try, but no one ever had it at any demo's before that i have been to), a Softail Custom, and a CVO Softail Springer. Last month I did some test riding the weekend of the Love Ride as well, and took rides there on SE CVO Road King 110". also did a street glide, softail deluxe, and CVO Ultra.
nothing impressed me except for the CVO Road King. i was AMAZED and how great that bike was..and just seemed to have an endless supply of POWER. Well, i still think the CVO Road King hands down rules, but the CVO Springer was just downright fun and holy crap FAST! I was severely disappointed in the softail custom, which reminded me of a non'07, and was very smooth, but very slow feeling as well, and didnt seem to steer well at all. the Low Rider...well, it was a dyna, and was a quick snappy little bike, but i actually didnt like it all that much as i thought i would.
I also hopped on a Kawasaki Mean Streak. that bike was not bad at all, but the clutch was a little tough feeling, and the tranny had some backlash (when i hopped off i saw it was shaft), and i forgot about the blinkers on one side (my first time hitting the blinkers i realized i was pressing the starter!). i rode the special edition bike with flames and such, it was a 1600 i think. it too was a fun bike to ride, very fast, and it felt rubber mounted...had that shake to it. pretty cool.
i had also signed up for 2 yamaha's, a new 1300, and a warrior, but it was late in the day and i just decided to say screw it and went inside bythen
i know now to plan for next year to maybe spend 2 days there...one day can be completely a free day, just demo riding bikes, and maybe the 2nd going inside to the expo...because test riding those bikes takes a lot more time than one would think!
once inside it was pretty cool, and one very cool thing, and i will give this one company the big thumbs up here, is one of those custom molded ear plug companies (i think they call themselves Big Ear, and have a yellow sign that says custom molded headphones or something like that. Last year at the Las Vegas Bikefest, i bought a set of these earplugs from them, and subsequently lost one of them a few months later. i havent been to a lotof shows this year, so when i saw them i was asking how much just one earplug would cost...and the guy remembered me and asked if i had them with me, (which i did...had thrown them in the tourpak just in case one of these companies was there), and he told me to go get them and he would replace them...make me a new set. I asked how much (as they were charging $50 a set at the time), and he told me No Charge! he knows i was a customer of his, and by doing this (when they Could Have charged me something) he has now gotten some good press. So good stuff there.
saw some other pretty cool stuff, but didnt buy much other than a Dragonfly shirt from the dragonfly folks who were blowing out their shirts for $20.
pretty fun time, only that sucked was having to ride home in the rain at the end of it (i didnt leave until about 6pm!).

anyone else have anything to report?

Wide
12-10-2006, 09:42 PM
Cool on the plugs

Did you get to drive the Guzzi's?

mightywarlock
12-10-2006, 09:56 PM
Cool on the plugs

Did you get to drive the Guzzi's?

nah. i stood in line, after signing up for the kawasaki and yamaha bikes, and then thought....i wanna go inside eventually...and it was a long slow line, so i walked out of it. only thing i wanted to ride there were those funny looking scooters anyway.

i never even made it across the street to the other stuff, the ducati and honda and whatever else was there.

now that i know i will plan for more next year

sheesh. i feel like a professional test rider after all the test rides i have done over the years now...

Stelis
12-11-2006, 04:31 AM
Photos of the show posted here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/87468207@N00/sets/72157594414479240/

Here's a sample...

http://static.flickr.com/144/319126142_a39ceb2749.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/128/319126935_e5d47f8db8.jpg
Yamaha FJR - perhaps my next bike...

http://static.flickr.com/140/319127771_80069079ba.jpg
Piaggio three-wheeled scooter

http://static.flickr.com/140/319128050_a5ae6b52dc.jpg
Hyosung Avitar, a Korean-made 650cc cruiser

Wide
12-11-2006, 04:51 AM
i never even made it across the street to the other stuff, the ducati and honda and whatever else was there.

now that i know i will plan for more next year

sheesh. i feel like a professional test rider after all the test rides i have done over the years now...

The new 1098 Ducati is a sweet machine, I would not pass that one by :D

bikerjim
12-11-2006, 05:41 AM
Stelis, nice phhoto's of the bike show..

mizdoe
12-13-2006, 01:13 PM
Great picts as always Stelis.....

That 3 wheeler looks like something
from a star trek movie ;)