PDA

View Full Version : Toy Rides

mightywarlock
12-03-2006, 05:16 PM
next weekend there are a few toy runs.
I am doing one i think...the L.A. toy ride, which just goes out to skid row and gives toys to homeless kids.

but there is also a few others, one being the tijuana toy run as well.

anyone doing any toy runs next weekend?

Stelis
12-09-2006, 07:22 AM
Doing TJ Toy Run.

What other toy runs are going on?

mightywarlock
12-09-2006, 03:32 PM
there's a few tomorrow.
i think we will be doing the one that leaves from glendale and just goes to skid row.
next year i will try the tijuana toy run...wanted to try that one the last few years, just have some scheduling issues to work out...couldnt make it thisyear.

Wide
12-09-2006, 03:34 PM
Damn, I have a show this & next weekend

:(

mightywarlock
12-10-2006, 10:03 PM
just got back from Skid Row.

yeah it was dirty and there were people sleeping in the streets...but i have never been there before, and somehow i pictured it much worse.
there were a few Thousand kids lined up outside this mission we all rode to and after everyone added their toys to the tables, they let the kids in to pick out their toys.

what good samaritans we all are.

TexasRed
12-10-2006, 10:26 PM
Good on ya MW :D Pretty interesting place aint it? Glad ya'll did the toy run today. You cant help or fix 'em all .. but helping them feel like a regular kid for a day does a heart a lot of good. I saw, but missed a great photo op today in the rain on our toy run, two young'uns holding a sign up on the roadside that said "God Bless You Bikers" And we are blessed.