PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have An EXTRA Bike Near NY They Arent Using?

mightywarlock
12-28-2006, 02:21 AM
sometime in 2007 i will be going back home to NY to visit my family. i haven't been home in much too long. Everyone is getting older, and i dont know how many years i will have left to visit my grandparents and an aunt who has leukemia. they are all in their late 80's already.
I had originally planned on taking 3 weeks or a month off of work this past spring and riding across the country in a big circle, stopping in NY for a week to visit. Those plans for squashed when i switched jobs a year ago and lost all my vacation time from the old job.
I ended up not going anywhere at all this year, but i still wont have enough time to disappear and do the ride across the country by the end of the year, so i was thinking of flying out there sometime either in the spring, summer or early fall (maybe labor day weekend). but, i wont have my bike with me!
just wondering if anyone on here had an extra bike sitting around they wont be using, like an old sportster or whatever that they would let me "borrow" for the short time i will be there in NY visiting the family? I would take extremely good care of it of course. I wanted to take my grandfather and mother on a motorcycle ride (i took my mother on her first motorcycle ride since before i was born last year on thanksgiving, as my father rode a bike, but died when i was young)...but didnt have time to take my grandfather. something i would really like to do...before i wont be able to...if ya know what i mean.

this trip is a little ways off, but if anyone out there could help out, it would mean a lot to me.
Thanks guys...

resection3d
12-28-2006, 03:00 AM
If that doesn't work out, consider renting one.

Lstpan
01-07-2007, 01:18 PM
I don't think I would loan out my pan but if ya get hooked up I'll come out and ride with ya, where are you going to be in NY?

Good luck

mightywarlock
01-08-2007, 03:38 PM
I don't think I would loan out my pan but if ya get hooked up I'll come out and ride with ya, where are you going to be in NY?

Good luck

my family lives in the catskills, but i most likely would be coming to long island if i have the time as well.

gotta hit my old mountain biking trails near bethpage and rocky point as well as catch me some Cafe Baci for dinner...i love that place!

arthureld
01-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Hey Mighty,
Sorry I don't have a bike I'm not using. But I look forward to seeing you when you get here.
Lighthouse HD is the only place that rents in NY. Don't know if they are part of the HD fly & ride program, it is the best deal around. $100/day includes insurance.
Good luck

mightywarlock
01-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Hey Mighty,
Sorry I don't have a bike I'm not using. But I look forward to seeing you when you get here.
Lighthouse HD is the only place that rents in NY. Don't know if they are part of the HD fly & ride program, it is the best deal around. $100/day includes insurance.
Good luck+

yeah i figured it would be a stretch to get anyone to let me ride an extra bike, but thought it doesnt hurt to ask.

if someone came to my neck o the woods, we have an extra honda shadow to lend out, but only until it is sold.

it will be most likely around labor day weekend perhaps. i havent decided for sure yet, but memorial day weekend, my gf graduates grad school, so i guess that is out, then for july 4th weekend i was thinking of heading back to Hollister for the rally there, as i have been to Hollister twice for the Corbin factory for the seat on my old wide glide, but have never gone up for the rally.
so that pretty much leaves labor day weekend...and i would like to schedule it over a holiday weekend, so i get to take less days off of work...maximize the vacation time...ya know?

Lstpan
01-09-2007, 12:46 AM
Mighty to bad you can't come out about the time Speedman has his bash, I'm hoping to go this year, and I'm sure Art will be heading up if it works for his schedule