PDA

View Full Version : Need a Shovel Savy Shop

LargePrint
01-03-2007, 12:52 AM
During a brief warm spell last week, I took out my 88 inch delkron shovel for a spin around town. While out, it quit at a trafic light, nothing new, and it restarted reasonably quickly. When I got home, I pulled into the garage and it quit again. I kicked it over a couple times just to move it and it seemed to have very little compression. I gave up and went inside and came back a few hours later because the low compression worried me. I kicked it again and it still was too easy turning over. I'm thinking I have some serious engine work ahead. I've not lived here in Alabama too long and don't know anyone who does machine work on a shovel. I have not pulled off the heads yet but when I do, I'll want to get everything back to top shape while it's still cold outside. Can anyone suggest a good machinist in the Huntsville area or anywhere for that matter? Thanks,
Bob

Wide
01-03-2007, 12:55 AM
Accurate Engineering
410 Southgate Road
Dothan, Alabama 36301

If they are near you they are the best in the country PERIOD :D

LargePrint
01-03-2007, 01:22 AM
They're not too close but I do travel in that area sometimes. I've seen their website.... very cool. I'll give them a call and see what they say.
Thanks

sht4brains
01-07-2007, 05:18 PM
they done the heads on my shovel and a few others around here. they do great work...a little on the pricey side. but they were fast and good. even fixed the threads on the exhaust ports. gonna get em to do the heads on the 76 when the time comes..... you can just UPS them thats what i did