PDA

View Full Version : Get Well Wishes For Old_Evo 1/8/07

smile2005
01-08-2007, 11:28 PM
Hey Everyone! I posted the following also over in Pig Roast Tavern under Old_Evo's thread "Angioplasty anyone?"? Thought it would be nice if I posted it also over in the Get Well thread. ^_^

Hey Friends!!! :D Update for all of you on Lenny. :D Lenny's surgery was scheduled for 10:30 AM today. His wife, Deborah, called me with wonderful news around 3:45 PM!!! :wub:
Lenny's unevasive (not invasive) bypass surgery was SUCCESSFUL!!! It took around 4 hours & they performed the surgery by making a 3 inch incision in Lenny's ribs. Nope...didn't have to go through his chest!!! Lenny also didn't need any assistance with heart and lung pumps!! He's still in recovery but is recouping wonderfully!!! Lenny will be in the hospital until Thursday, January 11th, but if all goes well? He'll be able to be released to come home on Wednesday the 10th!! He won't have any computer access in the hospital nor will he be able to use his cell phone. He would love to hear from you though, per Deborah.

Lenny is at:
Mercy Unity Hospital in 4 Heart Cardiovascular Care & will be in Room 4007. His room phone number is 763-236-8800.

When Lenny gets released to come home? He will be confined to sitting in a lounge chair for quite awhile & will be getting very bored & inpatient with just sitting. :wacko: Deborah's suggestion? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find jobs for Lenny to do by having him look things up on the internet. Lenny loves "the hunt". :P By us doing this? It will keep Lenny from crawling up the wall & driving poor Deborah nuts!!! :wacko:

If anyone would like to send cards to Lenny, please PM me & I will give you his home mailing address. I also have Lenny's cell phone number & regular email address to share with any who would like to call him or email him once he goes home from the hospital.

I also want to share with all of you part of my PM from Lenny that he sent to me yesterday morning. "I can feel the love and prayers from all of you at HCG and it just fills my heart with joy. I just never knew I could have such great people in my life."

Please continue your thoughts & prayers for Lenny. Thank you! :wub:

smile2005
01-08-2007, 11:36 PM
Get feeling "gooder" soon my dear friend, Lenny!!! Hugs...

junior
01-08-2007, 11:40 PM
glad to hear all went well for you lenny- you're a decent sorta guy and we're glad you'll be hanging out here for some time to come....

j

harleycutie
01-08-2007, 11:50 PM
Thanks Smile for sharing this info with us on Lenny.....been wondering all day how the surgery went....Wonderful news....hopefully he'll be home in a few days....keep him in my prayers....just so glad for good news from the hospital.. :)

dannytheman
01-09-2007, 12:36 AM
I'm sure you will feel better Old Evo.. I miss you and I know you will be back well in no time..

Feeling better than ever... woot woot

smile2005
01-09-2007, 02:30 AM
Thanks Junior, Cutie, & Danny for sharing your well wishes here for Lenny. I know this will make his heart just smile when he gets home & back online! :D

momsridin
01-09-2007, 02:33 AM
Great News. Thank you smile. Lenny get well soon. Heal strong.

Growlpipe
01-09-2007, 03:01 AM
Hang in there dude. It'll all be good. I'll be looking forward to you being back here.

smile2005
01-09-2007, 03:38 AM
Thanks Moms & Growlpipe! :D
Keep the well wishes coming friends!! ^_^

CoolMaker
01-09-2007, 04:03 AM
Get Well soon and do what the Doc says.... B) [/url]

buckanddot
01-09-2007, 04:34 AM
takes more than a little surgery to put us grumpy ol' midwestern bikers down....glad to hear it went well Lenny. You'll be back in the saddle just in time for spring ridin.

Take care, Buck.

wreckerman
01-09-2007, 11:39 AM
GLAD TO HEAR ALL WENT WELL Carla if you would pm me the information on Lenny and thanks for updating all of us will give him a call today

Stoney
01-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Nice to hear everything went well,must be a big relief.Get plenty of rest & follow doc's orders & youll have yer knees in the breeze in no time! B)

TexasRed
01-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Good to hear everything went well Lenny! Wishing you a healthy & speedy recovery & look forward to your return here :D

HeadDoc
01-09-2007, 02:36 PM
hope you are feeling well soon.

Gig_em
01-09-2007, 03:15 PM
I'm glad your surgery went well, Lenny. Rest up and you'll be back in the saddle in no time at all. :D

OldBikerGuy
01-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Welcome to the elite club, Lenny. We're glad you're with us .. once you get the invite (angiopathy) it's either join the club or .. er, well, let's just say the alternative is rather dire. The bad news is the prescription drugs they'll force on ya, but I've found they go down pretty well with a beer and a joint. ;)

Stay healthy! :)

tradrockrat
01-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Words can not express how happy I am to hear all went well, Lenny. :)

Now get back to "normal" soon and get in the wind!

D.N.F.
01-09-2007, 03:27 PM
Get well
get well soon
I hope you get well.

smile2005
01-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Thanks for continuing with the well wishes for Lenny!
Just bringing the thread ahead again so it doesn't get lost. ;)

smile2005
01-09-2007, 09:50 PM
Please PM me for Lenny's home mailing address so you can send a card to him. :D Thanks! ^_^

Kagan
01-10-2007, 02:56 AM
Get Well Soon. :D boobs

smile2005
01-12-2007, 01:07 PM
Lenny is home!! He called my cell phone yesterday but I'm experiencing problems with my cell phone (will be fixed tonight, thank goodness) so I wasn't able to catch his call. He left a wonderful voicemail for me & he sounds great! He's hoping to get online here soon! :D
It'll be great to see you back here & posting Lenny! Hopefully I can connect with you this weekend, ok? Hugs my friend!

harleycutie
01-12-2007, 01:28 PM
Okay I'm posting get well wishes for Lenny here too....take it easy and rest....glad the surgery went well...Hurry on back ya here! boobs ^_^

Old_Evo
01-12-2007, 01:28 PM
Thanks all for the love, support, and prayers I could feel it all from you and others all the way in my room in the Hospital. I read thru all the posts and have much to say just have too much on my plate right now. I got home around 3:30 yesterday, took a nap, Deb had a great meal, and I was in bed by 8pm. Slept well but just woke up stiff, I have not taken any Advil yet this morning. Feeling pretty good, tho I get tired easily.

I will tell you this I'm one lucky S.O.B. with having this by-pass surgery compared to all the others on my floor. Only pain I had was with clearing my lungs, I can drive in 3 or 4 days, and be back at work in 2 weeks. All things unheard of in the coronary world. This hospital was great, and the nursing staff just wonderful. I also want to thank this young doctor and all like him that grew up playing video games. See these folks grew up watching TV monitors and playing with joy sticks and that my friends is what made this surgery possible. The older doctors still need to crack open the chest and get theirs hands in there but not these young doctors. Thank god for video gamers.

Ok I'm getting tired already. Thanks again, you have filled my heart with much joy............Lenny

mrpiff
01-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Glad you're home and on the mend Lenny! Just be sure to go slow for a while! It's great to see you posting here once again!

curley725
01-12-2007, 03:30 PM
It's great to see you home already!! Your recovery time is unbeliveable!! :D :D

Curley B)