PDA

View Full Version : New Thundermax EFI controller

cardboard
01-23-2007, 05:18 AM
I'm hearing that Thundermax EFI systems is coming out with 1 unit that does the ECM and the auto tune so you now will have 1 unit instead of a Ecm and the auto tune module.

CoolMaker
01-25-2007, 02:54 AM
Thundermax does not make this unit, if you want all the info, go to Daytona Twin Tech.... ;)

cardboard
01-25-2007, 02:57 AM
R U trying to say Daytona Twin Tech makes thundermax ?

CoolMaker
01-25-2007, 03:00 AM
R U trying to say Daytona Twin Tech makes thundermax ?

That is exactly what I am saying..... Thundermax is just another marketing name....

cardboard
01-25-2007, 03:03 AM
So what is the difference in the daytona twin Tech and the thundermax ? Is one any better than the other?

squirrel71477
01-25-2007, 09:29 AM
That is exactly what I am saying..... Thundermax is just another marketing name....

Whats not to understand here???? :lol: :lol:

cardboard
01-25-2007, 09:35 AM
Was trying to find something that showed about the company of Daytona twin tech and their products relating to Thundermax that's all.

speedman
01-25-2007, 09:47 AM
Scroll to the bottom of this page:

http://www.daytona-twintec.com/news.html

Read this section:

=====

Daytona Twin Tec inks private label deals to supply Chrome Specialties (Fort Worth, TX), Head Quarters (Ontario, Canada), Midwest Motorcycle Supply (Arnold, MO), and Zippers (Elkridge, MD) with ignition systems for Harley-Davidson® applications.

=====

Follow the bread crumbs to Zippers here:

http://www.zippersperformance.com/catalogue/showproduct.asp?cat=572&prod=1415

... and read the whole page.

I had a Twin Tec unit on my Road King and ended up going back to a PCIII after spending countless hours trying to get rid of a low end burble that wouldn't go away with the TCFI ECM.

SM

cardboard
01-25-2007, 09:54 AM
So I see it on the bottom of the daytona twin tech page. Since DAytona Twin Tech makes Thundermax , is one unit any better than the other ? or either unit do anything the other won't ? If you had to buy one which would you use on a new bike. Does either have better customer support ... I got a buddy that bought a Terry Fuel unit and is having a lot of problems and can't seem to get much help with it on support. .. Thanks !

speedman
01-25-2007, 09:58 AM
The Thundermax is a private label Twin Tec. In other words the EXACT SAME THING with the label changed. They are temperamental units and I wouldn't recommend one - I'm speaking from first hand experience.

SM

cardboard
01-25-2007, 10:15 AM
So what kind of unit would do you like best ?

speedman
01-25-2007, 10:18 AM
I went back to a PCIII with a dyno tuned map and it far outperforms the TCFI.

SM

cardboard
01-25-2007, 10:39 AM
Man Please, I got a friend that has been building bikes for over 20 yrs he swears by the thundermax. Know another dude that build's his own bikes. He swears by Daytona Twin Tech. Know a Mechanic at a H-D dealership where they push the Power commander, he's got a daytona twin Tec on his personal bike and say's its never gave him a minutes problems.
Seen 9 people having major problems with the PCIII on their bikes in the last 10 months . I myself have a sert and kinda don't like paying for dyno time everytime I'm wanting to upgrade my motor to a 103 , and am gonna have to pay dyno time again., it hasn't given me nothin but good luck oh !
I appreciate the help with all this oh !

speedman
01-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Whatever floats your boat buddy. I've been porting engines for two decades and could give two fucks about what a friend of a friend has to say when I have had plenty of my own experiences tuning high performance engines. However, I do have a TCFI for sale for any sucker who wants it.

SM

cardboard
01-25-2007, 11:05 AM
Hey speedman ! Sorry ! i didn't mean for it to sound bad dude. I do not know yer experience with heads, motor builds or computers on motorcycles or anything.
I'm new to the computers on bikes. My last bike was a 85 model Harley . the one before that was a 64 pan head etc. . I didn't have to deal withcomputers.
I'm trying to learn. Without asking questions on these new bikes, I'm in the dark. Everybody is suggesting using something else. I'm seeing a people having a lot of poppin with tuners and weird things happening. I have no idea what to say to them.
When somebody buys a tuner for their scooters and has problems with it, and they want to change its big bucks to change. Not to mention you can't ride. I'm trying to do my homework. I appreciate the advise and help. I'm a locksmith by trade, So all this is new to me. I worked on cars before computers came along. I never knew the computers was gonna be such a big thing on the new bikes. Never asked or listened to anybody cause It didn't pertain to me. I ran a business for years and got lost in time working all day and nite for years. I guess the technology is really changing.

Bigshovel
01-25-2007, 03:14 PM
The Thundermax is a private label Twin Tec. In other words the EXACT SAME THING with the label changed. They are temperamental units and I wouldn't recommend one - I'm speaking from first hand experience.

SM

Was it right off the line, this burble?

speedman
01-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Was it right off the line, this burble?

When you cracked the throttle quickly at low rpm both under load, or not.

I spent countless hours working on it, then Dino at Rocky's HD took a crack at it, then Wayne Hanson at Speed's Performance Plus took a crack at it. Between the three of us we put some serious time and effort in to no avail.

The guys at Daytona Twic Tec said to live with it and surmised the problem/delay was due to a high lift long duration cam. That is probably partially true, but at the end of the day I think the firmware does not read the TPS feedback properly and/or quickly enough. After all the stock ECM with a PCIII piggy backed on top of it has no such symptoms.

The TCFI is sitting on a shelf collecting dust and the only reason I haven't sold it on Ebay is because I don't want to pass on the problem in good conscience.

SM

CoolMaker
01-25-2007, 09:43 PM
Cardboard wrote:
I'm trying to learn. Without asking questions on these new bikes, I'm in the dark. Everybody is suggesting using something else. I'm seeing a people having a lot of poppin with tuners and weird things happening. I have no idea what to say to them.
When somebody buys a tuner for their scooters and has problems with it, and they want to change its big bucks to change. Not to mention you can't ride. I'm trying to do my homework.

How to Learn...

1- It does not help to keep asking the same question over and over.... after it has been answered..

2- It does not help when you disrespect the person answering the question.....

3- If someone on here answers you, they probably have experience with the problem you are asking about and giving you honest feedback. That is why we do this afterall....

4- Before asking the question, you can do a search, and find the answer to most of the questions, then if you still are not sure post something. Especially, about any popping issues, they have been addressed many times on here, and by READING them, you will find the answer.

5- I don't understand the comment..

I'm seeing a people having a lot of poppin with tuners and weird things happening. I have no idea what to say to them.
Unless you are trying to start a shop working on other peoples bikes.

6- We are here to help each other and save money with all the stuff that is out there to chose from. With over 5000 members, it is a sure bet that someone has the experience with a product and can help us.... ;) Jazda)):

Snaps
01-25-2007, 09:58 PM
The ThunderMax is NOT the same as the Twin Tec. It has nothing to do with Twin Tec. It was developed by ThunderHeart Performance (http://www.thunder-heart.com/Home.html)for Zipper's.

I've got an original ThunderMax ECM with Zipper's supplied map on my '04 Wide Glide with Jim's 120" motor that I'm getting ready to upgrade to the AutoTune, and I've got the complete AutoTune system on my '07 FLHX, again with supplied map.

The system is very easy to install, simple software, and works great.

You can download instructions and the tuning software from the ThunderMax site (http://www.thunder-max.com/Support/FuelInjectionInstructions.aspx) to check it out.

Bigshovel
01-26-2007, 07:02 AM
I just pulled one from a bike (carbed with DTT) that had a similar glitch. I only spent about....a day and went to a Crane. No issues since then. I spoke with customer service directly and found them to be quite condescending. After informing him of another installation I had in mind for he and his ignition, I decided not to fuck with them again. Live and learn. Jazda)):

squirrel71477
01-26-2007, 08:58 AM
The ThunderMax is NOT the same as the Twin Tec. It has nothing to do with Twin Tec. It was developed by ThunderHeart Performance (http://www.thunder-heart.com/Home.html)for Zipper's.

I've got an original ThunderMax ECM with Zipper's supplied map on my '04 Wide Glide with Jim's 120" motor that I'm getting ready to upgrade to the AutoTune, and I've got the complete AutoTune system on my '07 FLHX, again with supplied map.

The system is very easy to install, simple software, and works great.

You can download instructions and the tuning software from the ThunderMax site (http://www.thunder-max.com/Support/FuelInjectionInstructions.aspx) to check it out.

From the Zipper's Website:
The standard ThunderMax is an "open loop" system. Full "closed loop" fuel map processing is now available with the addition of the ThunderMax Autotune system which includes two wide-band oxygen sensors and the AutoTune module.
Hence the exact same thing as te Daytona Twin Tech.....? Hmmm
make sense now?

How about this....from the Zipper's Website:
Zipper's and Thunder Heart Performance have teamed to develop the ThunderMax EFI Controller.....
I guess there are the same.....

Speedman wrote:

Daytona Twin Tec inks private label deals to supply Chrome Specialties (Fort Worth, TX), Head Quarters (Ontario, Canada), Midwest Motorcycle Supply (Arnold, MO), and[/b] Zippers[/b] (Elkridge, MD) with ignition systems for Harley-Davidson® applications.

Well I guess some people need to read the fine print because they are the same.....it's all in the balck and white... ;)

The thundermax is just a stripped down version of the daytona twin tech unless you BUY the auto tuner also with O2 sensors....

Just another marketing idea I guess..... :o

Snaps
01-26-2007, 09:32 PM
How about this....from the Zipper's Website:
Zipper's and Thunder Heart Performance have teamed to develop the ThunderMax EFI Controller.....
I guess there are the same.....

I don't even understand this. How does Zipper's stating that their teaming with Thunder Heart Performance to develop the ThunderMax lead to the conclusion that it's the same as Daytona Twin Tec?

Also note that this statement from Zipper's only refers to the ThunderMax ECM and tuning software, and not the autotune module.

Speedman wrote:

Daytona Twin Tec inks private label deals to supply Chrome Specialties (Fort Worth, TX), Head Quarters (Ontario, Canada), Midwest Motorcycle Supply (Arnold, MO), and[/b] Zippers[/b] (Elkridge, MD) with ignition systems for Harley-Davidson® applications.

Well I guess some people need to read the fine print because they are the same.....it's all in the balck and white... ;)

Zipper's also sells ignition modules, Wego II, and hundreds of other items. Could it be that one, or more, of these are what DTT is referring to instead of the ThunderMax?

In answer to the original question in this thread, no the ThunderMax AutoTune system is not a one piece unit. It includes the ThunderMax ECM, the separate autotune module, and (2) O2 sensors. Although, it can be purchased as a package.

You guys believe what you want, and I'll just happily ride along with my ThunderMax AutoTune with no popping...or burbling...or missing...or pinging.

cardboard
01-26-2007, 09:40 PM
Hey snaps Iheard that Thundermax is releasing a new thundermax with the auto tune build in it as one unit in some time late february dude. Some suppliers already has them on order.

hjdistl
01-26-2007, 09:59 PM
I think everyone is reading too much into the fine print.

It states:

with ignition systems for Harley-Davidson® applications.

It does not say ECM's. If you look at the ignition systems on Zippers site and then look at the ignitions systems on DTT's site you will see they are the same.

On both Zippers site and the DTT site they make a very distinct separation of the ECM from the ignitions systems.

The Thundermax is made by Thunderheart which has no affiliation with DTT on ECM's that I have been able to find.

I have heard of several people having problems with the way their bikes ran with the DTT but to date no problems with the Thundermax

Snaps
01-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Hey snaps Iheard that Thundermax is releasing a new thundermax with the auto tune build in it as one unit in some time late february dude. Some suppliers already has them on order.

Cool, I wasn't aware of that.

cardboard
01-29-2007, 06:15 AM
Well I'm lookin at within a few weeks having some heads done from Big Boyz heads by a mechanic friend that told me a while back about the thundermax and I'm looking to go go the new thundermax Efi with auto tune when I do. So I called and ask thundermax if Daytona Twin Tech made the thundermax under a private label or anything and Thundermax said NO!
So still being inquisitive I called Daytona Twin tech and emailed them and this is what they had to say.

We do not make the Thundermax. We do provide Zippers with other private
label ignition systems. The Daytona Twin Tec TCFI IID is the only system
that fully supports the 2007 H-D models. A major limitation of the
Thundermax is that it lacks any diagnostic and data logging capability. If
you get a system that works fine, you are OK. If not, you have no practical
means of diagnosing the problem and taking corrective action.
>
To: <techsupport@daytona-twintec.com>
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 12:31 PM

Both mfg told me the rumors that the Thundermax is made by DTT is not correct.

CoolMaker
01-29-2007, 06:29 AM
Cardboard, I am glad you posted that. However, that system is not going to do what you want, if it does not data log, because you will have not way to see where to change it.... :wacko:

For the life of me, I don't understand why you want to go there when the PCIII is working so well for a vast majority of us. And to boot, in a matter of 3 minutes, you can remove it if it was ever to mess up... and run on your stock ECM. BTW, I have never heard of one or seen one do this. I have a shop here w/dyno and this guy puts them on left and right for a long time now. I asked him about this and he has NEVER had a bad one.. in several years!!!!

But, to each his own I guess. I believe in the "Kiss prinicple" KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID......

I have been running one (PCIII) for a good while now and love it. No problems whatsoever.. I am installing Branch Heads, poptop Branch/JE pistons, SS cams, all fueling oil pump parts which is a ton of money, and I can tell you one thing, the PCIII will stay where she is.... I like the tried and proven parts... Good luck with your build.. Jazda)):

hjdistl
01-29-2007, 10:45 AM
Well I'm lookin at within a few weeks having some heads done from Big Boyz heads by a mechanic friend that told me a while back about the thundermax and I'm looking to go go the new thundermax Efi with auto tune when I do. So I called and ask thundermax if Daytona Twin Tech made the thundermax under a private label or anything and Thundermax said NO!
So still being inquisitive I called Daytona Twin tech and emailed them and this is what they had to say.

We do not make the Thundermax. We do provide Zippers with other private
label ignition systems. The Daytona Twin Tec TCFI IID is the only system
that fully supports the 2007 H-D models. A major limitation of the
Thundermax is that it lacks any diagnostic and data logging capability. If
you get a system that works fine, you are OK. If not, you have no practical
means of diagnosing the problem and taking corrective action.
>
To: <techsupport@daytona-twintec.com>
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 12:31 PM

Both mfg told me the rumors that the Thundermax is made by DTT is not correct.

Cardboard,

I really do wish you would go back to Zippers and get their take on what DTT is saying about this.

I do think they are all washed up about this and are using this as a ploy to steer people away from their competition.

I do not know about 07's but do not see how they would differ that much from the 06's. I can take the software that comes with the TM and hook up my laptop, throw it in a bag on my luggage rack and monitor all I want. (yeah I know there are those of you out ther that think this is crazy stupid way of collecting data.) I can also go outside right now, hook up the TM to my laptop and read the diagnostics off of the ECM. 07's can do teh same.

I think it is the old FUD factor. Fear, Uncertainty & Death scare tactic.

cardboard
01-29-2007, 10:55 AM
DTt said you can't monitor it, Not TM, my builder says you can monitor it , the paragraph I put it if you read it is from Daytona Twin Tech making a statement about Thundermax. I talked to Thundermax on the phone friday asking if the Tm was made by DTT and they said no. and didn't ask about monitoring it. I will try to get them on the horn tomorrow. I'm waiting on the parts to be put together so I can trade my heads and jugs in. He's gonna be calling Bean with Big Boys supposely tuesday to see what he can get into action, and the new Thundermax to be released within the next few weeks. My builder isn't in the same state as me. He's where I grew up. I'm trailering my bike to him.

hjdistl
01-29-2007, 11:19 AM
DTt said you can't monitor it, Not TM, my builder says you can monitor it , the paragraph I put it if you read it is from Daytona Twin Tech making a statement about Thundermax. I talked to Thundermax on the phone friday asking if the Tm was made by DTT and they said no. and didn't ask about monitoring it. I will try to get them on the horn tomorrow. I'm waiting on the parts to be put together so I can trade my heads and jugs in. He's gonna be calling Bean with Big Boys supposely tuesday to see what he can get into action, and the new Thundermax to be released within the next few weeks. My builder isn't in the same state as me. He's where I grew up. I'm trailering my bike to him.

I know DTT said that TM could not do it. That is why I recommended talking to Zippers about it and getting the facts from horses mouth instead of someone (DTT) talking out of the other end of the horse. :D

Good luck on the build and let us know how it turns out.

cardboard
01-30-2007, 12:30 AM
Pete with Thundermax told me today that you can trouble shoot codes with Thundermax. The new unit with auto tune cost about 40.00 more. The new software is already being released. they are receiving the new units now. He was saying back on the carbueratored motors DTT helped with some Ing systems. The thundermax are made in conjuction with Thunderheart. So I will be getting one of these units. I'm waiting on a reply back from him as we speak on some other things.

hjdistl
01-30-2007, 07:31 AM
Pete with Thundermax told me today that you can trouble shoot codes with Thundermax. The new unit with auto tune cost about 40.00 more. The new software is already being released. they are receiving the new units now. He was saying back on the carbueratored motors DTT helped with some Ing systems. The thundermax are made in conjuction with Thunderheart. So I will be getting one of these units. I'm waiting on a reply back from him as we speak on some other things.

Cardboard,

Thanks for tracking this whole "Who make what" thing down between teh DTT and TM.

cardboard
01-31-2007, 03:32 AM
Don't know if this is of interest of not but here it is.

The ThunderMax processor was designed and developed by Zipper's
Performance Products and Thunder Heart Performance. The two companies
teamed up to develop a stand alone, high resolution engine management system
that would support high performance engine configurations. The original
"open loop" ThunderMax system has been included in all Zipper's Twin Cam EFI
Muscle packages since 2002. As map development for Zipper's exclusive
engine kits became complete, we started to work toward supporting other
popular engine and exhaust configurations from many different manufacturers.

In October of 2006, ThunderMax Auto Tune was released. This system had
all the same high resolution tuning capabilities with the new added feature
of "Live" wide band O2 reading capabilities. Auto Tune allows the user to
select a base map for his application from a very extensive data base of
high resolution maps. In addition to highly refined fuel maps, the base map
selections also include very detailed ignition curves, designed for specific
engine requirements. Once a map has been installed, the Auto Tune monitors,
corrects and maintains an optimal target AFR. Offsets to the base fuel map
may be required by the system due to variables within the selected
components vs. the base map components or calibration variables within the
induction module, fuel injectors and other mass produced components.
Controlled, in house R&D and map development is the key component of this
product's successful reception by the American motorcycle market.

ThunderMax Auto Tune is compatible with ALL Delphi equipped H-D models
from 2001 to present!!!

ThunderMax has it own engine monitor program allowing "live" monitoring of
ALL critical engine sensors and data!!!

ThunderMax reads and stores Diagnostic Trouble Codes on ALL models 2001 to
present!!!

Users can easily read and clear codes with supplied software.

Users have full access to Fuel and Spark tables for custom tailoring base
maps including Target AFR.

Users can load new maps to accommodate upgrades as they are made, from 88"
engines to 124"engines.

Advanced tuners with load control dyno can design custom maps for unique
applications or build from database maps.

Hopefully this will address any inaccurate information that is being
passed around. If you have questions we welcome your calls and inquiries.
We look forward to working with you in the near future.

Thanks for considering Zipper's Performance Products for your future
performance upgrades.

Bill Lam
Zippers Performance Products

410-579-2828 ext 107
fax 410-579-2833
bill.l@zippersperformance.com
www.zippersperformance.com
www.thunder-max.com

cardboard
02-17-2007, 01:03 AM
The tuner can adjust as much as 50% from the original map that is installed. Thats a lot.

ThunderMax AutoTune Module Now Available!

The ThunderMax AutoTune Module works with your ThunderMax EFI controller to create a Wide-Band Closed Loop EFI System. Add pipes, change cams – AutoTune’s on the job! The ThunderMax AutoTune processes feedback from two wide-band oxygen sensors to adjust the fuel volume at all RPM’s and throttle positions. These sensors continually provide feedback for corrections to the fuel map values for optimum performance, Custom-Tailoring the Fuel Map for your application!

The AutoTune kit consists of two wide-band (5 wire) oxygen sensors and a small module that interprets and converts data from the sensors, which is then fed electronically through the J1850 serial bus wiring through the data port plug found on all Twin Cam® motorcycles. This means that if you have sensor bungs in your exhaust pipes, the physical installation consists of simply screwing in the oxygen sensors, plugging them into the AutoTune module, then plugging the AutoTune module into the data-port plug and you're done - no wire cutting or splicing! Next, use SmartLink software to automatically convert your open-loop map to closed-loop format and download the map to your ThunderMax EFI module. Simple? You bet! Many of the exhaust pipe manufacturers are getting on the bandwagon and will be supplying pipes with bungs in them, and not just for 2007 motorcyles. D&D comes to mind as the first to do this.

So what exactly does the ThunderMax EFI AutoTune system adjust?
It adjusts fuel for a target Air/Fuel Ratio (AFR). The module (software, really) has user-selectable targets for the AFR on 32 RPM pages (every 256 RPM), at 64 points on each page (that's over 2000 points if you're counting). While this sounds like a lot, they are easy to adjust with point-to-point fill commands, meaning you can move blocks of target AFR points with just a few clicks. You can really concentrate on a certain area such as cruise RPM for fuel economy or richen up full throttle maps for best power. If individual point or map adjusting doesn't interest you, you can choose to override the individual map pages with a straight, across-the-board AFR at all points by entering the desired AFR in the AFR Override dialog and a single AFR you will get. The AFR default is currently set to 13:1 on all of the AFR/TPS@RPM pages; it provides a good balance of power and economy. You can adjust with AutoTune from there.

How much will it adjust?
Quite a lot, actually. Up to 50% from the installed base map. How important is the base map? It's still advisable to install the closest base map in our system for your application to minimize the system's learning time. There are two learning controls within the software that you can set. The first is how much learning the system can do per session (a session being defined as ignition-on to ignition-off, per cycle). The range per session is 0-50%; for a close or dead-ringer match map, we recommend using the default setting of 5% (use more if you have a combination that is a mismatch, for faster learning). The second is the total amount of learning, regardless of the number of sessions; the range is also 0-50%, default here is 20%.

So I let it learn, and it makes its own map, right?
Yes and no. The base map is the base map; it does not change within the module. The firmware makes adjustments to the fuel volume dictated from the base map using what are called "fuel offsets". These offsets are what the ThunderMax learns with real-time input from the AutoTune. The offsets are stored in the module, not in the base map. This means you can't upload the map from the module, load it into another module and have those offset corrections follow it. You can, however, adjust the fuel points manually while tuning if you run the module in open loop (you still have that choice), but you don't have to do that with the AutoTune enabled.

What else is adjusted?
The Idle Air Control and its Stops settings are automatically adjusted, always learning. The IAC-Auto function we recommend running during initial startup speeds up this learning process when performed initially. These are also adjusted using offset points.

The ThunderMax AutoTune Kit Includes:
AutoTune Module
SmartLink Installation CD
2 Wide-Band oxygen sensors
Installation Instructions

No splicing necessary; plugs into the factory wiring harness for easy installation.
New SmartLink software and firmware will automatically convert all existing open loop maps to a closed loop format.
Software, firmware and base map updates are available on-line, 24/7!

cardboard
03-02-2007, 07:49 AM
A Harley Davidson shop in Houston that pushes the Power
Commander put a Thundermax II with A/T on today. The service forman took the road king out for a test ride today. When he came back he said he hadn't ever seen anything that could make a Harley run like the Thundermax made it run. He said he couldn't believe it could make that much difference.

EddieHaskell
03-03-2007, 08:11 AM
I've been reading about this unit on other forums and to be perfectly honest some of the reviews sound too good to be true!
Look around and you will find plenty of info on this unit...most of it outstanding.
I figure if I buy one, next year HD will come out with a mass air system similar to cars and then technology will go in an entirely different direction :wacko:
Why is the EPA worried about MC's anyway, my diesel truck spits out more pollution just turning it over than my bike will put out in a week!

Parakiller
04-24-2007, 04:19 AM
I just ordered my TMAX. Cardboard, thanks for setting all the folks straight with the bad information. There are alot of them (not saying that those that replied to you are in this category ) on these boards that either thrive on giving missinformation or do it for monitary gain (or are just dumasses that talk thru their asses most of the time). It is good to see someone actuallyl do some REASEARCH and post FACTS instead of conjecture and opinion.

THANKS~!

cardboard
04-24-2007, 06:18 AM
I had a dealer installed dyoned sert. When I did my 103 build the dealer had it so rich that there was carbon on the pistons. I talked to Pete himself with Thundermax on the phone on the TM unit and what I had been told. I also called other mfg and ask them questions.
With the new build and the TM with A/T the pipes are gray and the bike runs better than it has ever run before. you can monitor the engine temps and the Afr and everything. When you install it you have to drive it at different speeds for it to use the Closed loop oxygen sensors to automatically adjust the computer. I've got 900 miles on my new TM. Everybody with other units are ready to change, they can see the results.
The Tm is really a awsum unit.

cardboard
06-07-2007, 09:35 AM
After I did my 103 build in Alabama I had the TM-AT put on my bike, this is right after we 1st cranked it. This is a mile street build.
http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u300/cardboard56/?mediafilter=videos

D.N.F.
06-07-2007, 11:32 PM
My Thundermax on my 05 RK with stage 1 and screaming eagle slip ons pops like crazy on decel.

The bike is still gutless but I have nothing to compare it too as it is my first Harley and haven't ridden anything other RKs to compare with.

I wish I would have bought the HD tuner.

cardboard
06-08-2007, 01:28 AM
Who did the install. is you bike a carb ?

D.N.F.
06-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Kane's Harley in Calgary. Bike is EFI. They sell (this is what they told me) 75% Thundermax vs other brands. The head wrench loves the product.

It doesn't pop all the time, but usually under light deceleration, say slowing down (coasting) from 60km/h to 30 km/h.

cardboard
06-09-2007, 09:42 AM
When I had the H-D race tuner it would do that, its like theirs a little fuel left and it makes it pop. With eth Se race tuner, everytime you make changed to yer bike its back to the dyno all over again and tuning.
How many miles do you have on the bike? Republic Harley in Houston likes TM-A-T too. I had Pete with TM to give them a call. I like my TM.
Think you will likw yers after you had it a while

D.N.F.
06-11-2007, 10:20 PM
Around 17000 km so around 10500 miles.

Thinking about it, it may be doing it less than it used to.

Sleeps_In_Trees
06-21-2007, 07:37 AM
I just ordered a TMAT this past Monday & hope it gets here by weekend. Any tips for the installation on an '02 Ultraglide? The map that Pete (@ Zippers) recommended is right at 13:1 across the board. Has anyone messed w/the target AFR's, like leaning out cruise ranges etc?

VicW.

Sleeps_In_Trees
06-23-2007, 07:58 AM
OK, I modified the map (leaned out cruise ranges & richened up WOT a tad) while waiting on the unit to get here. It was here when I got home from work yesterday so I played hookie today & installed it. VERY NICE! Only ran 1 tank of gas thru it & I'm sure it's still 'learning', but WOW! SOP power is much better than results of a recent PCIII usb dyno tune (DJ250i w/TL), quicker throttle response, & I got 37 mpg on the tank w/LOTS of hard roll ons. Even my idle has smoothed out w/noticeably less vibration. I wrestled between this & the DTT TCFI IID unit for quite a while, but I'm very happy w/my choice & am now a firm TMAT believer. It really does what it says - GREAT PRODUCT!!

VicW.

Sleeps_In_Trees
06-24-2007, 08:13 AM
...not that anybody actually gives a rat's azz. LOL!! :lol: :blink2: :D

VicW.