PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft sucks

Jamorris
12-18-2004, 12:47 PM
Been messing around with my PC. I ordered DSL and went to Update and got my Windows partition blown to hell and gone. Trojan downloaders sucked all my free HD away while updating for DSL.

Interestingly enough, the Linux partition was uneffected. Linux takes a lickin and keeps on tickin.

I had to order the factory restore disk from SOny o restore the HD. In the meantime, I will continue with Linux. When I get Linux running on DSL, BYE-BYE Microslop.

Always one more thing! First I wanted hardware compatibility, then Momma needed her games moved to Linux, Now, this new hardware thingy called a DSL modem.

Hell, I can't even get SBC to give me the parameters needed to self install the DSL modem. I gottta use the damnned twit interface they sell to the masses. Can't even get a username and password without it! ANd it doesn't help your average twit vey well.

ANYONE using SBC DSL and has any Linux pointers, send some my way.

Jerry

BronxFatboy
01-12-2005, 01:03 AM
I know I'm only a month late,but what flavor of linnux are you running?
I run Gentoo here and at work
I have Verizon DSL on my gateway/firewalll using rp-pppoe to connect .
It was simple to set up and it works great
I can send you the basic iptables rules I use too if you want

Jamorris
01-12-2005, 01:42 AM

Yeah, topic is moot. SBC DSL didn't work out, I went to Roadrunner cable instead. I can run Zandros, or SUSE linux on this PC. Now, I need to find linux drivers for the Toshiba PCX2600 cable modem.

Jerry

01-12-2005, 02:27 AM

Yeah, topic is moot. SBC DSL didn't work out, I went to Roadrunner cable instead. I can run Zandros, or SUSE linux on this PC. Now, I need to find linux drivers for the Toshiba PCX2600 cable modem.

Jerry

Why not buy a $499 Mac Mini and avoid all the BS:

http://www.apple.com/macmini/

I've had Mac's since 1985 -- never a virus problem. Windoz sux!

BronxFatboy
01-12-2005, 03:23 AM

Jerry

Why not buy a $499 Mac Mini and avoid all the BS:

You can't avoid the BSD though.OS X is running on a *nix variant.I haven't looked into OS X much,but I heard the OS controls the kernel,not good in my book.Mac's are fantastic at multimedia,graphics...They are just limited for my uses.I do agree Windoz does suck.I only use it for games and surfing when the kids are around

http://www.apple.com/macmini/

I've had Mac's since 1985 -- never a virus problem. Windoz sux!

01-13-2005, 02:53 AM
BronxFatboy,

Are you trying to put words in my mouth? You've got your words within my quote.

If you want to learn what a modern OS looks like check out the following:

http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/unix/

I have no idea what limitations you are referring to? One box: Unix, Mac OS 9, Mac OS X, even MS Windows. Sure there are more PC's than Mac's; but there are more cockroaches than humans -- does that make 'em a higher life form.

There hasn't been one virus on Mac OS X. There are three new security updates for Windows -- just today. Give me a break.

BronxFatboy
01-15-2005, 02:16 AM
I must've messed up on the reply.Not trying to put words in anyones mouth.
I'm glad you like your Mac,it's just not for me that's all

Wide
01-15-2005, 02:20 AM
Hey Now :o

We dont need grown men going inside each other mouth juker

:lol: :lol:

Jamorris
01-15-2005, 02:28 AM
Hey Now :o

We dont need grown men going inside each other mouth juker

NOT even boyz!!!!

:wacko:

Wide
01-15-2005, 06:32 AM

Now all we need is Michel Jackson to post juker

Jamorris
01-15-2005, 02:49 PM

Now all we need is Michel Jackson to post juker

Errrr,,,,, ???? !!!. I thought I was being socially correct and afirming my straightness! Perhaps, I mis-spoke?

:blink2:

Jerry

Tiger
01-20-2005, 04:16 PM
BronxFatboy,

I have no idea what limitations you are referring to? One box: Unix, Mac OS 9, Mac OS X, even MS Windows. Sure there are more PC's than Mac's; but there are more cockroaches than humans -- does that make 'em a higher life form.

There hasn't been one virus on Mac OS X. There are three new security updates for Windows -- just today. Give me a break. Funny, BronxFatboy... The reason no viruses are wrote for the Mac is there arnt that many out there compaired the PC's. And the limitations are compatable software. The Macs are a quality product and I hope they get a bigger market share in the near future. It's juat hard to compeat with Microsoft inspite of the flaws. I look at it as job security! :D
V-Rod

BronxFatboy
01-23-2005, 03:36 AM
That wasn't my quote V-Rod,I screwed up on the reply.
The holes in Windoze keep me working too.

yamahonkawazuki
01-24-2005, 01:46 PM

Now all we need is Michel Jackson to post juker. what does michael jackson and jc penney's have in common?, both have little boys pants half off whip ip , :rolleyes: , sorry, couldnt resist.