PDA

View Full Version : Hello all, '05 Road King Classic

Harley-Ray
12-21-2004, 04:49 PM
Just found this web-site! Really enjoying it, (found some great blonde jokes). I sold my metric bike 15 years ago and bought 05 Sporty in August of this year, rode that for 29 days and upgraded to Black & Lava Road King Classic, managed 2500 miles before putting her to sleep for winter, (it's freakin cold here in Wisconsin right now). It's a dream come true and my wife and I were riding whenever we had a free couple hours. I'd post a picture but the bike is covered for the winter, while we count the days 'til spring. Happy Holidays to all.
Ray

BikerBabe
12-21-2004, 04:52 PM
Hey there Harley-Ray...wellcome to HCG! I have a '05 Sporty which I too purchased in Aug. I will upgrade for sure, just curious how you made out in the trade?

fnzen
12-21-2004, 05:09 PM
Welcome to the hangout.

Looking forward for pictures

I am not familiar with wintering a bike but I keep mine in the living room so I can just stare and drool until the next ride. Beats the boob tube! Oh well kick back and enjoy the reading.

Wide
12-21-2004, 05:13 PM
Howdee Harley-Ray

Thanks for the kind words :D

Enjoy the forums & if you need any help just ask 1beer

Harley-Ray
12-21-2004, 05:17 PM
I had my Sporty ('05 1200 Custom Lava Red + quick release windshield, sissy bar, top of the line leather bags, Screamin Eagle upgrade with SE pipes) at work with me one day. Guy I know who makes deliveries to my office says "hey what are you doing with MY bike" we have a laugh and I tell him "If you really like it I will make you a sweet deal on it". We agree on a price, on a Tuesday, I immediately call the dealer and and work out a deal over the phone for a '05 Road King Classic. Buyer of my bike drops off the check Saturday morning and Saturday afternoon I'm riding home on my dream bike. Things basically just fell into place PERFECTLY and I lost almost nothing on my Sporty even though I put on over 2k miles in the 29 days I owned it.

TexasFatBoy
12-21-2004, 05:25 PM
Welcome Harley-Ray! You need to talk to currybob - I think he's traded his way through three bikes this year and bought one (and maybe traded that one already) for his wife! :lol: 1beer

buck
12-22-2004, 12:39 AM
Welcome ray, i have an 05 RK classic also, i love it. Sweet bike. good luck with it

wreckerman
12-22-2004, 12:44 AM
Harley-Ray, welcome to the Harley Chat Group sounds like you did some good wheeling and dealing. I agree with you whole heartedly put them up for about a 90 day rest, break them out in the spring and ride the hell out of them. Unlike the warm weather riders around here, the colder regions have to make their days count, but I think that just makes our rides more special.