PDA

View Full Version : Just got some bad news.

Mellisa
03-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Dave and I just heard about a friend and fellow rider who passed away 2 weeks ago. He rode with a club Dave used to ride with.
Rick was on some scaffolding at work when it collapsed. He fell 3 stories and died later at the hospital. He leaves a daughter *about 12* and a wife, Dianna.
They were madly in love. Dianna rides her own bike and was really supportive of me when I was shopping for my first bike. We used to waitress together at a diner in our hometown back in the late 70's, early 80's and met up again a few years ago at the biker bar where I met Dave.
Please pray for Rick's family. This has got to be so hard. Rick was a great guy. Really warm and jovial. If you needed a laugh or a smack on the head, he was there to provide.

wreckerman
03-06-2007, 07:48 PM
Mellisa my prayers and thoughts will go out to your friend and her family

03-06-2007, 07:52 PM
Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend and riding companion. :(

Shorty
03-06-2007, 09:46 PM
Very sorry Mell.

harleycutie
03-06-2007, 09:54 PM
So sorry to hear this news about a friend of yours. Deepest sympathy to his wife and daughter and also to you. :(

TexasRed
03-06-2007, 11:39 PM
Very sorry to hear about your friend Mellisa. My condolences to Rick's family, and all of his friends. :(

MedievalWoman
03-06-2007, 11:44 PM
So hard to hear these things. My thoughts and prayers will be with his wife and daughter.

voodoochild
03-18-2007, 09:31 AM
Another tragedy, I'm so sorry. I hope his wife and daughter can recover. They have got to be devastated, as well as you. My sympathy goes out to you and his family.

windrebel
03-25-2007, 03:12 PM
Always hate to hear news like this. Thoughts are with you and his family during this time. May you find comfort inn the coming weeks.

Mellisa
03-26-2007, 11:22 AM
The club Rick and Dianna rode with was at their house yesterday doing all of the 'honey-do' chores that needed done. They're taking care of Rick's family like you know a bunch of bikers will. Unfortunately Dave wasn't feeling well so we didn't have a chance to go over there. Thanks to all of you for your prayers for Dianna and her daughter. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers.