PDA

View Full Version : ummm

angelys
03-15-2007, 07:20 AM
WTF?? Hello Canada!!!!??? Spring is slowly but surely coming...heck we hit 12+ yesterday here in Ontario and today a 11. Sitting at 6 right now at 7:17pm which is glorious really considering what we had last week! Saw a harley today on the road...made me smile right at em cause I just thought it was a sign of spring!

Who is riding and where??? Temps and conditions fluctuate so much across this wonderful land so let us know what is going on where you are.

Shorty
03-15-2007, 07:24 AM
Oh yeah, around here youll hear harleys before youll see daffodils. 50 today and partly cloudy. If my cold is better by this weekend Im taking off on Saturday. Cant wait! :D

angelys
03-15-2007, 07:27 AM
geezus, you suck! :P Hope you are feeling better soon though...by the weekend of course...and then I hope it pours rain! :lol: :lol: I will send you some daffys though ;)

Shorty
03-15-2007, 07:29 AM
geezus, you suck! :P Hope you are feeling better soon though...by the weekend of course...and then I hope it pours rain! :lol: :lol: I will send you some daffys though ;)hehe I can feel the love. Had a buddy PM me about my vacation the other day. Said 'i hope you have a great time and that your period starts the day before you leave'. :lol: :lol: :lol: Im still laughing over that one.
Do you have daffodils up yet? So far here just a little crocus, irises, and lilly bells. Im looking foward to tulips.

Mungo
03-15-2007, 07:31 AM
Finally - it was 80* + here today.

I got to slide the Night Train around a few corners. Which reminded me to call and order a new rear tire. :wacko:

Shorty
03-15-2007, 07:33 AM
80? Damn, and angel thinks I suck?? Oh wait, she's right, I do. :huh: :P

angelys
03-15-2007, 07:47 AM
ok ya ya..you both suck. (in different ways of course :P )

Nothing growing here yet really...first to come up will be the tulips. The amount of snow we have had though is quickly disappearing!!!! Thank god for rain and warm weather!...um warmer weather. Funny eh? 12 degrees seems sweet this time of year but come June/July we are cursing it if it falls that low and grabbing our jackets! :lol:

arthureld
03-15-2007, 07:54 AM
WTF?? Hello Canada!!!!??? Spring is slowly but surely coming...heck we hit 12+ yesterday here in Ontario and today a 11. Sitting at 6 right now at 7:17pm which is glorious really considering what we had last week! Saw a harley today on the road...made me smile right at em cause I just thought it was a sign of spring!

Who is riding and where??? Temps and conditions fluctuate so much across this wonderful land so let us know what is going on where you are.

You mean Celsius right?

I rode today. It was about 60 degrees

angelys
03-15-2007, 07:56 AM
ya you suck too! :P Just had to get in on that eh!

D.N.F.
03-15-2007, 10:10 PM
ten and sunny today (supposedly, it is 7am right now). Might make a run into town. Or I could finish the insulation in my garage.... :(

arthureld
03-15-2007, 10:18 PM
ya you suck too! :P Just had to get in on that eh!

Not as good as you. eh

Chopper_Bob
03-15-2007, 11:38 PM
Took the bike out yesterday shopping ( luv saddle-bags ) took a chance + took it to work on afternoon shift, had to work late and by the time I left at 11 pm was down to about 3 or so kinda chilly, but worth it. :D

OldBikerGuy
03-16-2007, 12:29 AM
84 yesterday. Didn't even wear my gloves home from work. Stopped wearing my balaclava last week. Getting a cold front through this weekend (highs in 50's) but I'm kinda glad because our HOG bike show is Saturday and if I have to be outside all day I'd prefer it be a little cooler. I ended up missing three weeks of riding to work this winter; it was only two last year.

Chopper_Bob
03-16-2007, 12:35 AM
"I ended up missing three weeks of riding to work this winter; it was only two last year"

Only 2 days this winter for work riding, nearly three weeks last year! :lol:

OldBikerGuy
03-16-2007, 12:49 AM
"I ended up missing three weeks of riding to work this winter; it was only two last year"

Only 2 days this winter for work riding, nearly three weeks last year! :lol:

Just the opposite of us more Southernly-oriented bikers. :D

Don't you have to change your oil to say, 10W-40 to ride in 3 deg temps? My 20W-50's only recommended down to 40 deg, and that determines whether I ride. If it's under 40 in the garage which is about 28 outside.

Chopper_Bob
03-16-2007, 12:57 AM
I just keep 20W-50 in her, it's a rare occasion that I ride when its that cold, and for the most part it's never gets much below 50 far. in my garage. :)

OldBikerGuy
03-16-2007, 01:01 AM
Yeah, I'd let it warm up for a coupla minutes but once the oil thins out it doesn't care what the thermo says. ^_^

angelys
03-16-2007, 04:11 AM
Getting a cold front through this weekend (highs in 50's) but I'm kinda glad because our HOG bike show is Saturday and if I have to be outside all day I'd prefer it be a little cooler.

50 degrees...cold front??? :blink2: Send it to me..I will take it. I have my shorts, T's and sunglasses ready and waiting! ;) Jazda)):

OldBikerGuy
03-16-2007, 04:39 AM
Getting a cold front through this weekend (highs in 50's) but I'm kinda glad because our HOG bike show is Saturday and if I have to be outside all day I'd prefer it be a little cooler.

50 degrees...cold front??? :blink2: Send it to me..I will take it. I have my shorts, T's and sunglasses ready and waiting! ;) Jazda)):

Well, it's 80 right now!! :D

angelys
03-16-2007, 04:54 AM

Well, it's 80 right now!! :D

(mental note: add OBG to the "you suck" list"!!!) Geez have to share a funny here. For whatever reason I screw up typing OBG every single time!! Everytime I type it I type OBC ...do not know why. so then I thought I will just type OB but that just did not sit well with me since its a name of a tampon here so I thought...nah not a good idea, so then I thought I could just call you Guy lol. At least it is a word! and one that my fingers seem to type out well enough.

Okay, done hijacking my own thread. :lol:

oh and Guy, you do suck too! :P

askher
03-18-2007, 06:09 PM
alrighty angelys, it's about 20f or -7ish'c and I really wanna get me bike outta my living room and onto the road, but the 2' of snow in my yard needs to go away before thats gonna happen so... when you find that little biotch with the magic wand could you roll her and wish for no snow in May for all of yer fellow canucks??!
Cause iffin I find her it'll be snowing in texas, lol

PHLI71
03-21-2007, 04:06 PM
SAT supposed to be sunny and 12, hopefully i can rip the kickstarter out and order the needed parts. Also i found a guy to redbuild my carb.

Chopper_Bob
03-21-2007, 08:36 PM
2 Degrees here this morning............spring is here?

angelys
03-21-2007, 10:57 PM
alrighty angelys, it's about 20f or -7ish'c and I really wanna get me bike outta my living room and onto the road, but the 2' of snow in my yard needs to go away before thats gonna happen so... when you find that little biotch with the magic wand could you roll her and wish for no snow in May for all of yer fellow canucks??!
Cause iffin I find her it'll be snowing in texas, lol

Damn askher! I could not find that little "biotch with the magic wand!" and it is 20F here right now so I am thinking when I do find her I am going to give her a good swift kick in the a$$ to let her know it is supposed to be spring!!!! :lol:

D.N.F.
03-21-2007, 11:32 PM
-2 with snow/rain in the forecast today. But the sun is shining! Haven't seen it in about two weeks.

My road was washed out last week, and the repairs they did give me the confidence that it will wash out again shortly. Tax dollars at work.

But did I say the sun was out?

PHLI71
03-25-2007, 07:48 AM
6 and rainy, slept in. guess the bikes gotta wait till net weekend.

Wide
03-25-2007, 07:52 AM
Might be crappy now but you guys have some of the best rides you can take in that beauty area :D

PHLI71
04-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Winters back, SNOW in the forecast.
DAMN we jinxed ourselves.

angelys
04-05-2007, 02:51 AM
Winters back, SNOW in the forecast.
DAMN we jinxed ourselves.

Can you believe that??? I can hear the wind howling outside right now and it IS snowing! Geezus. So much for global warming! :lol:

Rice-out
04-05-2007, 04:47 AM
would you guys from Canada quit whinning. You get all the great snowmobiling weather

PHLI71
04-07-2007, 06:08 PM
finaly sent the carb out for rebuild. Friend picked it up at 3:45 AM thurs morning, didnt leave until almost 6 am. Now i gots to get the bike to start. Anybody wanna donate a heated workshop.

D.N.F.
04-08-2007, 09:17 AM
23 C today and I said fuck the yard work and went riding.

Clean bike is now covered in dust/dirt. Nice to get out and blow the cobwebs out of the pipes.

PHLI71
06-28-2007, 04:04 PM
Got caught in the rain, was so warm didnt mind. Was still hot out at Midnight. angelys are you going to the ride in Caledon on July 7?

angelys
06-29-2007, 04:04 AM
angelys are you going to the ride in Caledon on July 7?

Unfortunately no! I will be out of town. Had no idea you were so close. Have fun and send pics afterwards! :)

PHLI71
07-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Smoked the clutches so no ride to show ):
Hopefully ill be able to cage it there.
Gott aget the bike fixed for PD 13
Any suggestions of a mechanic to replace the clutch.
Phill

PHLI71
07-17-2007, 04:50 PM
Missed the show in Caledon ):
Caged it to DOVER, camped there thurs and fri night ( over 180 people camping on the property i was at). Had a great time, Didnt take any pics. My friend took tons tho, hopefully he will forward me some when he gets around to it.
Estimate was 135,000 people.
The clutch has a broken disc :(, gonna install a BARNETT set.
Will get out to a ride one day soon.
Sat Aug 25 SCRC \HOOTERS Bike Wash and Show and Shine Brampton, Queen St

molsen
07-28-2007, 11:47 PM
PD was insane. In the years going, roughly 5 I have never seen that many bikes or people, I have pics, but just too busy to upload, hopefully life will calm down. Main St had bikes, but couldn't see them.

Once I made the turn from HWY3 onto HWY 6 went down to the point of where the cops will only let bikes through, it took an hour to go from there to town.

June 13,2008 only 1 in '08 I plan on leaving my house around 6am just so I can get in early. I have a hunch it will be even worse that in July. Phli glad you had a good time.

PHLI71
08-04-2007, 03:40 AM
Molsen glad you could make it out. Did you see the line up for the Tim Hortons?
You would be best to arrive thursday and camp over night. That way you can sit at edge of town and watch the parade of bikes coming and going.